1252 users online (279 members and 973 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 119
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    47

    Body snatchers?

    Is there any evidence to suggest that the original intent was to dump/remove JonBenet's body from the house? Kidnappings are so much more believable when the body is found somewhere other than the family's home. Yes the livor mortis patterns tell us that she died in basically the same position she was found in, so this may indicate that there was not any attempt to, for instance, put her in the suitcase. But maybe the window was broken so that the body could be passed through to the other side? Just wondering if anyone else has any theories about this really strange detail. I think that this is the ONLY case of supposed kidnapping where the child is found still within the family home. Maybe there was a plan to get her out and it was somehow foiled? Just wondering...
    "No matter how short your wife is, bend down and listen to her advice".
    The Talmud

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Yep,I am now convinced that this is why she was wrapped in a blanket.
    And wanting to remove her body from the house is the only reason why a RN was written IMO.
    Doesn't make any sense to stage a kidnapping if you leave the body in the house.
    I think she was wearing the nightgown when she died but this is one of the reasons why she was redressed ,they didn't want people to believe (if body found one day) that she died in her home/BEDROOM.
    The rice is already cooked...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    730
    ITA with both of you. The RN makes no sense if the body is still in the house. Well ok....it doesn't make any sense anyway, but you KWIM. I'm not sure they intended to take her out the window though. Why take a chance on being seen when they could take her through the house directly to a car in the garage? The fact that I'm almost positive "someone" intended to remove her body from the house, but never got the chance, makes me think Midwest Mama may be right about JR acting alone without PR's knowledge. Maybe she called 911 too fast. If no one ever intended to remove her from the house, but still left a RN, then they had to be the dumbest killer on earth. Wrapping her in the blanket may have been intended to keep any forensic evidence out of the car, or because they didn't want to put her out in the snow without some sort of "protection" from the weather.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    I know that there are people who disagree with me re this and I respect that.But I really can't explain the following 2 things otherwise (they wanted to get rid of the body)

    they took so much time and effort to write a 3 page RANSOM/KIDNAPPING note (pretty risky also),why if they intended to leave the body in the house,just to point fingers at someone else?stupid.very stupid and risky.

    the body wrapped up in the blanket (easy to transport.and you wouldn't just dump your CHILDS body in a hole,naked or just wearing a nightgown)
    The rice is already cooked...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Nom de plume View Post
    I'm not sure they intended to take her out the window though.
    Not sure either.
    But her body may have been placed somewhere else at first and we don't know where (FW opened the door and didn't see the body/blanket in the wine cellar)
    The rice is already cooked...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    160
    One time someone here had a theory that they planned to dump the body in Lake Michigan from their private plane.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by pageantmom View Post
    One time someone here had a theory that they planned to dump the body in Lake Michigan from their private plane.

    interesting !
    I was shocked when I learned what JR told the cops (re the plane) ....h wanted to leave because he needed to attend a meeting!wtf??your "kidnapped" child was just found dead and you care about a freaking meeting??
    The rice is already cooked...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rural area, eastern Nebraska
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    Not sure either.
    But her body may have been placed somewhere else at first and we don't know where (FW opened the door and didn't see the body/blanket in the wine cellar)
    Thanks for starting this thread, Rashi's daughter! This aspect deserves good exploration.

    Yep, yep and yep.....had to plan to remove the body, or else no need for the "fake kidnappers" to leave the note. If the "kidnappers" would have decided or accidentally killed her, either way they would have removed the note.

    The initial plan to remove the body was foiled - had to have been. Madelaine, wrapping the body to remove her makes sense, but if it had been planned to put her body in the car and remove it before the rest of the plan could be worked out, could have led to the R's being arrested immediately, IMO.

    If an R would have put JB's body wrapped in the blanket, in the car somewhere, fibers - maybe even fuzzies - from the white blanket would have been discovered in the car, unless she would have additionally been wrapped anything that would have prevented the transference, which still would have been iffy.

    Fibers or fuzzies from the blanket could have been accounted for if: (this is scenario according to RN descriptions) the money was delivered, and JR was directed to where he could pick-up his daughter, where he would have found her dead and wrapped in her blanket, could have picked her up immediately and placed her in his car for further protection until either police arrived (called from his cell phone) or he sped somewhere else with her to end the event. But, without completing the ransom exchange, if she was gone, which the note indicated she should have been, there would have been no way those blanket fibers would have been in his car.

    JB's body could not have seemingly been placed into the car until AFTER the money had been taken for exchange. This would have allowed for an R to have placed her in the car from the house, keeping her there under guise of taking the ransom.

    That now leaves two options: to get her her body out of the house by another maneuver, prior to calling in police so she wouldn't be found in the house (which is what the note indicated) under any circumstances, or keep the body hidden until there might be a chance to get it out later.

    An attempt to put her in the suitcase, and somehow get the suitcase out of the house, other than by placing it in the car, might have seemed an option. Until it was tried, (there were duvet fibers on her shirt) and discovered the fit wasn't right, or if it was possible to close and latch the suitcase (which was drawn by another poster once), when the attempt to get the suitcase out through the window might have been tried, (allowing the window debris to come into the basement) it was discovered the suitcase was too large, which it was later documented. Then, the only option was to hide her somewhere until the body could be removed later.

    This is the first time I have posted my thought about the fracture of JB's skull in connection with the suitcase: I do not doubt the bash produced the oval displacement of skull that was found during autopsy. But I have wondered if the 8" fracture might have occurred when the suitcase lid was closed and latched on her. If her skull was just a bit too large for the suitcase to close easily, and the closing was forced????? Once she was removed from the suitcase, the fracture could have expanded.
    We want the truth, but can we handle the truth?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by midwest mama View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, Rashi's daughter! This aspect deserves good exploration.

    Yep, yep and yep.....had to plan to remove the body, or else no need for the "fake kidnappers" to leave the note. If the "kidnappers" would have decided or accidentally killed her, either way they would have removed the note.

    The initial plan to remove the body was foiled - had to have been. Madelaine, wrapping the body to remove her makes sense, but if it had been planned to put her body in the car and remove it before the rest of the plan could be worked out, could have led to the R's being arrested immediately, IMO.

    If an R would have put JB's body wrapped in the blanket, in the car somewhere, fibers - maybe even fuzzies - from the white blanket would have been discovered in the car, unless she would have additionally been wrapped anything that would have prevented the transference, which still would have been iffy.

    Fibers or fuzzies from the blanket could have been accounted for if: (this is scenario according to RN descriptions) the money was delivered, and JR was directed to where he could pick-up his daughter, where he would have found her dead and wrapped in her blanket, could have picked her up immediately and placed her in his car for further protection until either police arrived (called from his cell phone) or he sped somewhere else with her to end the event. But, without completing the ransom exchange, if she was gone, which the note indicated she should have been, there would have been no way those blanket fibers would have been in his car.

    JB's body could not have seemingly been placed into the car until AFTER the money had been taken for exchange. This would have allowed for an R to have placed her in the car from the house, keeping her there under guise of taking the ransom.

    That now leaves two options: to get her her body out of the house by another maneuver, prior to calling in police so she wouldn't be found in the house (which is what the note indicated) under any circumstances, or keep the body hidden until there might be a chance to get it out later.

    An attempt to put her in the suitcase, and somehow get the suitcase out of the house, other than by placing it in the car, might have seemed an option. Until it was tried, (there were duvet fibers on her shirt) and discovered the fit wasn't right, or if it was possible to close and latch the suitcase (which was drawn by another poster once), when the attempt to get the suitcase out through the window might have been tried, (allowing the window debris to come into the basement) it was discovered the suitcase was too large, which it was later documented. Then, the only option was to hide her somewhere until the body could be removed later.

    This is the first time I have posted my thought about the fracture of JB's skull in connection with the suitcase: I do not doubt the bash produced the oval displacement of skull that was found during autopsy. But I have wondered if the 8" fracture might have occurred when the suitcase lid was closed and latched on her. If her skull was just a bit too large for the suitcase to close easily, and the closing was forced????? Once she was removed from the suitcase, the fracture could have expanded.
    All good points. BTW, I wasn't presuming that the blanket would keep forensic evidence out of the car, just that they might have thought so, or planned to wrap her and the blanket in a tarp or plastic bag or something. No matter what they used a CD would still have been able to detect the decomp.

    If they tried to put her in the suitcase it would have had to have happened immediately after death, before rigor or livor set in, but I think it is possible that it was tried. I just don't get why they would try to take it out the window instead of through the house directly to the garage. Unless of course, one was hiding it from the other. If that's the case, he probably wouldn't have worried about a neighbor seeing him carrying a suitcase to the car since they were leaving for MI that morning.

    One way or the other, I do believe that suitcase is relevant. I also believe that plan A was to get her out of the house, but something happened that prevented it. Plan B was to keep her hidden until LE left and then get her out, but that didn't work either. Plan C was to "find" her.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Nom de plume View Post

    I also believe that plan A was to get her out of the house, but something happened that prevented it. Plan B was to keep her hidden until LE left and then get her out, but that didn't work either. Plan C was to "find" her.
    ITA with everything
    and IMO JR was the mastermind,it also explains his behavior (noticed by Arndt)...to "find" her....wasn't planned but an emergency "exit" (out of the situation that was getting desperate)

    there is one thing I am not sure of.....they both claim he told her to call 911 and she did it...dunno if I buy it or not....MAYBE she called 911 without even waiting for his approval (she was a know it all,impatient person)...I am convinced that a parent would stop for a minute and think about the consequences (child being beheaded!!!!) you don't just grab the phone if your child's life is at stake (not if you are JR and there are plenty ppl you could ask for a special advice....)....something stinks re the 911 call story as well....
    The rice is already cooked...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    Thanks for starting this thread, because I believe, (for a bit anyway), that the killer planned to get rid of the body. I remember reading a transcript between JR and LE where the nightgown was discussed, and it was brought up that it was JB's favorite gown that she took on pageant trips. I don't know if she was put in the suitcase, but I think the idea might have been there. The main reasons I think the killer at least half-way planned to get rid of the body, is because #1, IMO, it would be the natural reaction of a murderer to want to get a body out of his house, in an effort to distance himself from the crime #2, to open up the possibility of multiple suspects, and #3, to make this look like a real kidnapping. Ransom note=kidnapped hostage, not ransom note=dead body in the basement. moo

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by midwest mama View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, Rashi's daughter! This aspect deserves good exploration.

    Yep, yep and yep.....had to plan to remove the body, or else no need for the "fake kidnappers" to leave the note. If the "kidnappers" would have decided or accidentally killed her, either way they would have removed the note.

    The initial plan to remove the body was foiled - had to have been. Madelaine, wrapping the body to remove her makes sense, but if it had been planned to put her body in the car and remove it before the rest of the plan could be worked out, could have led to the R's being arrested immediately, IMO.

    If an R would have put JB's body wrapped in the blanket, in the car somewhere, fibers - maybe even fuzzies - from the white blanket would have been discovered in the car, unless she would have additionally been wrapped anything that would have prevented the transference, which still would have been iffy.

    Fibers or fuzzies from the blanket could have been accounted for if: (this is scenario according to RN descriptions) the money was delivered, and JR was directed to where he could pick-up his daughter, where he would have found her dead and wrapped in her blanket, could have picked her up immediately and placed her in his car for further protection until either police arrived (called from his cell phone) or he sped somewhere else with her to end the event. But, without completing the ransom exchange, if she was gone, which the note indicated she should have been, there would have been no way those blanket fibers would have been in his car.

    JB's body could not have seemingly been placed into the car until AFTER the money had been taken for exchange. This would have allowed for an R to have placed her in the car from the house, keeping her there under guise of taking the ransom.

    That now leaves two options: to get her her body out of the house by another maneuver, prior to calling in police so she wouldn't be found in the house (which is what the note indicated) under any circumstances, or keep the body hidden until there might be a chance to get it out later.

    An attempt to put her in the suitcase, and somehow get the suitcase out of the house, other than by placing it in the car, might have seemed an option. Until it was tried, (there were duvet fibers on her shirt) and discovered the fit wasn't right, or if it was possible to close and latch the suitcase (which was drawn by another poster once), when the attempt to get the suitcase out through the window might have been tried, (allowing the window debris to come into the basement) it was discovered the suitcase was too large, which it was later documented. Then, the only option was to hide her somewhere until the body could be removed later.

    This is the first time I have posted my thought about the fracture of JB's skull in connection with the suitcase: I do not doubt the bash produced the oval displacement of skull that was found during autopsy. But I have wondered if the 8" fracture might have occurred when the suitcase lid was closed and latched on her. If her skull was just a bit too large for the suitcase to close easily, and the closing was forced????? Once she was removed from the suitcase, the fracture could have expanded.
    BBM Maybe BR woke up. MOO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi'sDaughter View Post
    Is there any evidence to suggest that the original intent was to dump/remove JonBenet's body from the house? Kidnappings are so much more believable when the body is found somewhere other than the family's home. Yes the livor mortis patterns tell us that she died in basically the same position she was found in, so this may indicate that there was not any attempt to, for instance, put her in the suitcase. But maybe the window was broken so that the body could be passed through to the other side? Just wondering if anyone else has any theories about this really strange detail. I think that this is the ONLY case of supposed kidnapping where the child is found still within the family home. Maybe there was a plan to get her out and it was somehow foiled? Just wondering...
    Imo, it would appear that there was a plan to take her out at some point. A fake ransom note was written. This was done for a purpose. It seems to me that the purpose is pretty apparent. Over fifty percent of the ransom note is used to warn the R's as to what will happen if they disregard intructions. Intructions that they immediately disregard. Imo, the purpose of the RN is to precondition the police for what they will eventually find - a dead JB. This makes sense for a body found outside, and therefore I have to believe that there was a plan to remove, and it was thwarted or abandoned.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rural area, eastern Nebraska
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Nom de plume View Post
    All good points. BTW, I wasn't presuming that the blanket would keep forensic evidence out of the car, just that they might have thought so, or planned to wrap her and the blanket in a tarp or plastic bag or something. No matter what they used a CD would still have been able to detect the decomp.

    If they tried to put her in the suitcase it would have had to have happened immediately after death, before rigor or livor set in, but I think it is possible that it was tried. I just don't get why they would try to take it out the window instead of through the house directly to the garage. Unless of course, one was hiding it from the other. If that's the case, he probably wouldn't have worried about a neighbor seeing him carrying a suitcase to the car since they were leaving for MI that morning.

    One way or the other, I do believe that suitcase is relevant. I also believe that plan A was to get her out of the house, but something happened that prevented it. Plan B was to keep her hidden until LE left and then get her out, but that didn't work either. Plan C was to "find" her.

    Yep, - AB, and luck for C!

    Good note about decomp and CD as well as to why no body in car.
    WC was cooler and more sealed.

    1) BBM: Could the perp have tried to put her in the suitcase between the head bash and ligature strangle? If there was a strangulation not using ligature, while bashing, perp could have assumed she was dead. Tried the suitcase, and in removing her, discovered she wasn't really dead, which led to the final ligature strangulation and placing in the WC??

    2) BBM: Taking a chance of lugging a heavy suitcase up the stairs and through the house to somewhere - too risky at the time it would have been done. One of the other two in the house, if uninvolved at that point and perhaps hearing noise and coming upon the scene, would have been tipped off. Had to hide the body elsewhere if suitcase was planned to be slipped through the window, but wasn't.
    We want the truth, but can we handle the truth?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    I also think that the original plan was to remove her from the house. It could have been thwarted by anything you other posters mentioned- BR waking, realized evidence would be left in car, etc- but I want to add that it could be that they ran out of time.

    At 5ish, some people, even during the holidays, start to be "up and about" jogging, making breakfast, etc. If all the stuff that happened that night took awhile, and they tried to think of where they would leave her they realized they wouldn't get back in enough time before neighbors might see their car return. To be more specific, if it was about 4 am when the realized they wanted to get her out of the house, and they were going to place her out in the woods or take her to the airport or whatever- to do that and get back would be about 5 ish. Bad time to be sneaking your car back into the neighborhood. It's quiet enough that us morning people take note of cars coming in and out.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Where is the Body ?
    By gord in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 11:34 AM
  2. NY - Brooklyn body snatchers
    By 2sisters in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 03:44 PM