Florida 16yo suspended for subduing another student holding a gun.

Roxye

Reaction score
Website
www.southernsassoncrime.com
http://www.news-press.com/article/20130304/NEWS0104/130304026?odyssey=mod|mostcom

The student said he got onto the school activity bus with other players to go home, and when he was getting off the bus, he saw the suspect sitting with a gun in his lap.
He said he asked the suspect "Are you going to shoot me?" and the two got into a physical fight at which time suspect pointed the gun at him, threatening to shoot him.
Several other students then got involved and were able to wrestle the gun away from the suspect.

Florida , fastly becoming the dumbest state in the nation.

Florida , fastly becoming the dumbest state in the nation.
Becoming? Darlin' we've held first place for a long long time...................

JMHO

:confused:

What should the students wrestling the gun away from the suspect have done??

1) Ridden the bus to the school to be dropped off while the suspect sits there with a gun in his lap during the trip ... not knowing who or how many students might be shot ??

2) Or, should they have approached the bus driver, or maybe a coach was on board, to disarm the suspect student ??

What about some recognition for the brave students who did disarm the suspect??

http://www.news-press.com/article/20130304/NEWS0104/130304026?odyssey=mod|mostcom

I am glad no one was seriously injured in this incident.

Technically the boys probably did break school policy. (Which is sacrosanct according to them.) Most schools have student policies that say they cannot lay hands on another student (even in self defense.) (Note I do not agree with the wholesale application of this policy as most schools apply it.)

And technically they probably should have advised the coach or driver.

But in this situation doing so could have endangered all of them as the kid holding the gun could have retalitated by shooting all of them instead of attempting to handle it hand to hand. He might have had time to remember he had the gun and use it. He would have had time to protect the gun to prevent it from being taken away from him.

The boys did endanger themselves, but then they were in danger anyway.

I hope that the police/community offers them a 'good citizenship' award.

okay so we have a thread on a student suspended from school for wrestling a real gun away from a classmate.

and we have a thread on a 7 yr old suspended from school for shaping a pastry that then resembled a gun shape.

You have to laugh or you will cry. It doesn't border on the ridiculous, it tromps right through it.

smdh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back