1241 users online (217 members and 1024 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Matthew Morris - 36 years old - Canton - 9?-Jan-2013

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/M...z/-/index.html

Author: Hank Winchester, Local 4 Reporter
    Published On: Mar 04 2013 10:42:40 PM EST
    Updated On: Mar 04 2013 10:56:55 PM EST

Friends say Matt Morris has been missing since Jan. 9, police investigation has turned up nothing but abandoned car
    Photo in video at link

http://plymouth-mi.patch.com/article...ing-canton-man

By John McKay
    January 22, 2013

Older article at link

Police conduct search in wooded area for missing Canton man

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...z/-/index.html

Published On: Mar 05 2013 05:44:18 PM EST
    Updated On: Mar 05 2013 06:00:38 PM EST

Video at link

I live right by here. Today I went to the emagine theatre where they found his car, and I also drove by his apartment. It's 0.8 miles between the two locations. Along the way are a Home Depot, Sams Club, Walmart, Starbucks and a restaurant. If he were to take a direct route home he would've passed several surveillance cameras. Hopefully LE is presently looking into this.

Missing Canton Township man's body found in Westland

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/M...z/-/index.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Oh no....I know his friends have to be devastated. He must have walked to Westland, but why? His car was in the parking lot of the theater. And police say no foul play.

Edit: The article says he was only blocks away from where he was found. I guess he must have been looking for a place. So sad. He had very supportive friends.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Matt's body was found in a small retention pond directly across the street from where his car was found. It was where the road goes up an over some railroad tracks. So the pond itself was pretty much out of view from traffic. It also had very tall reeds and cat tails etc surrounding it so it would've been hard to spot him anyway unless you went out of your way to look. I spent some time looking for him and I'm kind of ashamed that I dismissed that area. From the theater to his house he would have walked north west. I always assumed that was his route. He left home without a coat or medication. I figured if he had car trouble he would have walked back home. His body was recovered north east of his car. The wrong way from his apartment or anything else really. My assumption is he had some sort of medical episode and was disoriented.

Quote Originally Posted by ucka View Post
    Matt's body was found in a small retention pond directly across the street from where his car was found. It was where the road goes up an over some railroad tracks. So the pond itself was pretty much out of view from traffic. It also had very tall reeds and cat tails etc surrounding it so it would've been hard to spot him anyway unless you went out of your way to look. I spent some time looking for him and I'm kind of ashamed that I dismissed that area. From the theater to his house he would have walked north west. I always assumed that was his route. He left home without a coat or medication. I figured if he had car trouble he would have walked back home. His body was recovered north east of his car. The wrong way from his apartment or anything else really. My assumption is he had some sort of medical episode and was disoriented.
    There's no way you could have known and nothing to be ashamed of. You helped to look for him, that is what counts. His spirit had flown away already.

I didn't know Matt, but all of the wonderful comments on Facebook allowed me to see what a special person he was to so many.

Bless you and everyone else who searched for him.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY