Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1922

Thread: 100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    I was just rereading over the juror questions and the one about the phone and why didn't she charge her phone using a wall charger once she got to Travis'. She said she thought about that, but that Travis didn't have the same type of phone so the charger wouldn't fit her phone. Well gosh...I'm thinking...didn't she have a wall charger in her luggage? Didn't she pack one? Mighty convenient of her to lose her car charger and not have a wall charger with her. I smell another lie. Shocker huh.
    Or you know she could have bought one. Some one who is so concerned about being deserted in the middle of no where would have a charger.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nawd68 For This Useful Post:

Random thought..

Maybe she references to the word "skank" as that is a word used in jail?

My big question is if he was in fact dead at the time that photo was taken, why is his head off the floor?
    "His name is Juan Martinez. Heís the #1 Prosecutor"
    Detective Esteban Florez.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ctmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    Random thought..

Maybe she references to the word "skank" as that is a word used in jail?
    I think you're thinking about shank.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lexington For This Useful Post:

Juror Questions 110-124

110) Can we see other examples of when you called me that you did not have romantic interests in Hottie Biscottie? Are there text messages, emails, or instant messages?
    A: Probably, well none that I've seen that have been recovered but there would be some in text messages, I texted Daryl a lot, I texted my little brother.
    M: Objection
    J: Approach, please
    Did you call any men you did not have romantic interest in hottie biscotti in text messages, emails, or instant messages?
    A: Yes, in text messages, not the other
    J: In text messages?
    A: Yes

111) If you were not going to marry Travis because of the Jan 21, 2008 and Jan 22, 2008 events, why stay with him at all?
    A: It was difficult to stay away from him it was difficult to break away from him and when he would invite me over it was very hard to stay no. He was persuasive and he still had an effect on me that when I came over when he was in a good mood it made me feel good and I enjoyed being with him during those times. And that's something I was familiar with

112) Do you feel the guys in your life cheated on you because you were controlling?
    A: I feel it was just the opposite. I feel they cheated on me because I was too tolerant. I was very trusting, implicitly trusting and very naive. I gave them the freedom to do what they wanted when they wanted and I think they took advantage of that.

113) Were you mad at Travis when you were stabbing him?
    A: I don't recall fear being a prominent, I mean sorry, I don't recall angry being a prominent
    M: Objection, she said she can't remember if she does remember she should tell us
    A: I remember the emotions, Judge
    J: Alright, the question is were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him?
    A: I don't remember being angry that way, I remember being terrified
    M: Objection
    J: I'm going to sustain the objection, I think you've answered the question

114) How is it that you remember so many of your sexual encounters including your ex-boyfriends, but you do not remember stabbing Travis and dragging his body?
    A: Well as far as what happened on June 4th, I don't know how the mind works necessarily, but I know that was the most traumatic experience of my life and outside of those blanks and the ones that I've mentioned as being alcohol related when I was a teenager, I don't have other blackouts that I can call when memories get foggy when I get stressful. I think actually that I have a very good memory. I can remember tons of things, but when I'm under a stressful situation it's like my mind, if you can imagine a computer that freezes, it's turned on but it's not functioning you can hit the keys, nothings happenings. Just like the sound waves are hitting my ears but the brain is not computing, it's kind of like that. So I don't blackout during those time but my mind is not processing the English words that are being said to me, or screamed at me, or whichever.

115) During cross examination, you were asked if you were crying when you stabbed Travis and you said no. How do you know that if you had a memory gap at that time.
    A: I think that was misunderstood, I said I don't know and I know that I was crying when I said that and maybe I didn't speak up clearly enough but I said I don't know, not no.

116) You stated you bought a gun to commit suicide, but never ended up doing it. What stopped you from doing so?
    A: I was going to wait until I left Yreka and got to Selenas or Monterey area so that it didn't happen right in my families own backyard so to speak and I was leaving for that area the morning I was arrested actually

117) You stated you would not want kids with Travis because you would be worried about them. If that is the case, why did you tell Leslie you couldn't wait until your kids and Travis's kids could play together at future PPL events?
    A: Um, I wanted Travis to be viewed in a positive light and I know that he wanted to be viewed in a positive light. I didn't want to de-edify him, especially at the moment when I made those statements. And also, prior to June 4th, that was a hope of mine. It wasn't that I couldn't wait, it's just that sometimes PPL events would be family oriented and I would hope that our families would be able to be cordial and kind, not that we would ultimately be very close, but that was a hope that someday we could be happy for each other in our respective marriages and I didn't want to say anything bad about him.

118) A lot of your answers to the questions you were asked made it seem like you put Travis's feelings and priorities before your own. If that were true why didn't you call for help after you shot Travis?
    A: Usually his priorities went before mine when it was something that he wanted. When the gun went off, I didn't know that I had shot him, I thought it hit a wall. So as far as not calling 911, immediately after it was not an option. He lunged at me and we fell and wrestled for a quick second before I broke away. And then as far as not calling 911, like I said I can't explain my state of mind immediately following, it was basically fear based as far as not calling any authority, telling any authority at all.

119) Why did you decide to tell the truth 2 years after the killing?
    A: It took two years um because I was very deeply ashamed of what had happened, I used to consider people who were violent in any form, somewhat unevolved, that's how I looked at it, and now I was that kind of person to a very extreme degree and I was horrified with myself and very ashamed. And it wasn't the kind of person I was trying to portray to the world, as well as who I believed I ever could be inside or out. However as time went on and I evolved and I matured and gained more perspective as things get farther away. There were a lot of people that reached out to me and offered support because they believed in my stupid story and I felt very bad for that because they were there for me and they wanted to offer moral support and I felt fraudulent the more, the farther things got. At first it was like, yeah, okay I'm gonna be dead soon so I don't have to answer that and then it started off as a secret I wanted to take to the grave with me and then it became one that I didnít want to keep anymore. It wasn't an overnight decision, it was a very gradual and it just, and it just I felt fraudulent, you start just feeling, I mean obviously I did from the beginning but it becomes a really yucky feeling inside, it doesn't feel good.

120) What made you change your mind and tell everyone about Travis's secret: the child picture?
    A: Well, the first time I decided to was when I was talking to a psychologist from California and we were exploring the dynamics of our relationship. And it took me a long time but several months beyond that I told other people. It became, I had made a promise to him that I would never say anything. He made a promise the he would get help. I wanted to keep my promise. I didn't want to throw mud on him, he was it's not like he was a threat that anything was gonna happen to any children at this point why even go there, why tell anyone, but it was such a huge part of our relationship and that everything thereafter changed, everything. So When I realized in retrospect I don't even think he upheld his end of the bargain, I felt less obligated to keep that secret and also it changed everything in our relationship and leaving that element out, it's like a huge missing piece of the puzzle of how things ultimately evolved the way they did.

121) You said you were sick to your stomach when you saw Travis with child pictures, so why did you sleep with him again?
    A: Well, after throwing up a few times that day, I wanted to talk to him and give him a chance to explain what was going on and so we ended up getting together later on after FHE, much later in the evening and he gave me a tearful explanation and I felt more sympathetic toward him than disgusted at that point because of how he explained it to me.

122) Would you classify your relationship with Travis Alexander as a love-hate relationship?
    A: It certainly had all the emotions of a love-hate relationship, but I never felt that I hated Travis. I screamed it out one time when he wasn't present after a really mean phone call, but I never felt hatred toward Travis although we had those ups and downs that were pretty extreme.

123) On June 4 2008 after you got up and ran toward the closet is it possible that Travis picked up the camera on the bathroom floor and moved it?
    A: Yeah and to clarify I didn't run toward the closet, I ran down the hall right after I rolled away from him, and that's completely possible and that's an idea I've entertained also, but I didn't see anything. I just kinda didn't look back.

124)Could that also explain the delay in his arrival and his anger at the closet door threshold?
    A: Would that be the camera related
    J: Yes
    A: It certainly could, the delay, maybe the floor was wet and I don't know if it was just the traction of him getting down the hallway, I don't know, but the camera, I don't even remember how the camera ended up where it did so I don't know if he picked it up and inspected it or how it got kicked around or if it got kicked around, that kind of thing.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ingra1327 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nawd68 View Post
    If you want someone out of your life you probably wouldn't let them in at 4 am, no?
    You have a bunch of good answers already, but wanted to add my

Travis' roommates stated that he did not lock the doors. I think it could be just as likely that he didn't even know she was there until the next day. Sex? Sure it's possible. Posing for pictures? I don't really believe Travis did.

The sad thing is we will NEVER know the truth because the only one that can tell us anything lies. . .only when her lips are moving. So, to hold any opinion about Travis based on Jodi's statements doesn't really seem right to me.

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to newsjunkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stevehendu View Post
    Has anyone asked Jodi how, if her mind goes blank in times of stress, she had the wherewithal to think back to that housekeeping incident six months earlier when she came upon Travis' gun in the closet while contemporaneously thinking to use it to make Travis 'halt' (despite her stating several times that he told her repeatedly it wasn't loaded)

Umm, I think the more she talks, the more the jury...de-edify's her
    Ah HAH! I didn't even think about that!!! GREAT point!!!

And WELCOME!!!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:

The hair color ... I think she tried to dye it herself, realized that bleach blonde hair is not that easy to dye. I think she even said she did it twice before June. Her hair cound have easily have been a dirty blonde, or even a light brown, and the car rental dude said she had blonde hair, that was his perception, he might be partially right! To me he knew it was different.... I don't care if he called light brown 'blonde', it was lighter than her mug shot. IMO
    But I have to agree with minor4th on this one, I think that she did get her hair dyed (professionally) somewhere along the way during her June trip. I hope that Juan has found some proof of this.

My daughter's friend is staying with us right now, and she is taking hairdressing.... last week she had pink in her 'bleach blonde' hair... then it was purple... well today she came home with .... orange... after unsuccessfully trying to get it back to blonde It is not easy to color bleached hair!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to missy1974 For This Useful Post:

How do you think Jodi felt court went today?

Imo she seemed very nervous. She sighed/took deep breaths often during her testimony. It seemed like she felt trapped and was struggling to find words. I don't recall seeing her like this before. I think she realizes things aren't looking good for her.

Is it true Jodi wants to plea guilty to second degree murder but the state refused?
    She thinks she did great despite the stupid jurors, the Judge she thinks is ditzy, that Juan who yells, and her embarrassing Mom and Aunt.

There were times today when Jodi ran out of words or lies, and with a micro shoulder shrug, had her hands palms up like she was expressing the dumb answer was all she had. I was thinking of this particular emoticon.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by newsjunkie View Post
    You have a bunch of good answers already, but wanted to add my

Travis' roommates stated that he did not lock the doors. I think it could be just as likely that he didn't even know she was there until the next day. Sex? Sure it's possible. Posing for pictures? I don't really believe Travis did.

The sad thing is we will NEVER know the truth because the only one that can tell us anything lies. . .only when her lips are moving. So, to hold any opinion about Travis based on Jodi's statements doesn't really seem right to me.
    You think she forced him to pose for for the shower pics?

I'd like to hear more about this theory. Idk all the details of this case as I would like. I've wondered where the weapons were at the time she was taking the pics.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nawd68 For This Useful Post:

Gypsy Road
    Registered User Join Date: Jan 2009

Quote:
    Originally Posted by StephanieHartPI
    I am right handed..I have a camera similar to Travis camera used that day (I have a Nikon)

I can lay down and hold the camera in my left hand upside down or right side up and both ways I could take a photo of the back of my head and right shoulder just as that one shows him down with her pant leg.

Yes, can be done. and Could have been taken by a dying Travis

I believe you can do it, Steph - but I don't think Travis could have done it because it looks like his throat has already been slit in the photo. Am I wrong? Was that taken before he was sliced up?

If he is dead in that pic, why is his head clearly off the ground?

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctmom For This Useful Post:

I'm disregarding all she has said. She went to kill & did so. No more he guilted me, no he bent me over the desk, no I was invited, darn skateboards, or whatever, no he loved me, no nothing. Spews of lies.

She planned this and went to kill & she did. She had a lousy plan as she's horrible on the stand. So many facts with holes in them.

And Jodi falls down...boom. Circumstantial evidence seems to just flow with her every word & facts.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    It's clearly a lie to deflect from her having dyed it brown on the trip to Mesa. She's trying to say it was already brown, so the rental car guy got it wrong...
    Dying it brown for Mesa points to premeditation, since everyone who could identify her there, knew her as a blonde.
    So Ryan doesn't know his dates, the car guy is wrong... and that's just concerning the hair.

She gave this "they're wrong/don't remember correctly" answer about something else too...

Did she say the police officer was wrong about her hiding her laptop in the hamper?

Hm...
    |

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to paperwing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ingra1327 View Post
    <respectfully snipped>
    I've seen most of your posts this evening/tonight and just wanted to say thanks for transcribing all of those questions/answer for us I hope a mod will be able to grab them and put them all together for us to reference!

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to missy1974 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    I admitted that I ate 3 tootsie pops one day just because she cannot. (and I have never eaten 3 in one day EVER!!!)

I might even buy pop rocks to eat the day she is found guilty!!! Lol

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Just don't run out and have anal sex. But if you do, bring ky.

BBM

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Also, She said today that she could remember the emotions while stabbing Travis. Well if she can remember the emotions while stabbing him - then she remembers stabbing him. Hope the jury caught that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    Sorry i'm over tired and giddy.

I the nicknames for the witnesses: "car rental guy" makes me giggle and sometimes this almost seems like fiction!
    Now that you mention it, it's making me giggle too. And I have no idea why... we never use his initials or name. He is forever Car Rental Guy. Bit of an odd duck...
    |

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paperwing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SunDawnn View Post
    I concur. That's just sensationalism set out by mainstream media.

I believe the camera was around her neck the whole time and in the struggle(s), it kept making contact with her body and going off.

Even the photo of her shoe/pants and Travis' bloody dragging body.....I believe the camera was still on the strap, around her neck but was lower to the ground as she was hunched over tugging his body.

I think the camera became unattached from the strap and dropped into the wash machine unbeknown to Jodi. I think she left with the strap around her neck.

How is it, not ONE neighbor saw her that evening??? Don't people usually come home from work around this time? Or....did Jodi hide up there until the wee hours of the morning then, make her escape??? Hmmmmmm If only Napoleon could speak.
    The strap was still in the camera bag. Never taken out of it's sealed plastic bag.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ctmom For This Useful Post:

Big lie

She lied BIG TIME about being paid by 48 HRS. All you Websleuths remember the other case FCA parents. They didn't get paid either for the interveiws BUT BUT ....They did get paid for...wait for--wait for it--THE PHOTOGRAPHS!! that they supplied. Any different here. Think not! And we have lots of photos.

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nube7 For This Useful Post:

Or you know she could have bought one. Some one who is so concerned about being deserted in the middle of no where would have a charger.
    Yep. She made sure though that she had enough gas in gas cans to cross the desert, but a had a dead phone with no way to charge it.

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:

haha nope. I mean skank= white trash

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I think you're thinking about shank.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElleElle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    Also, She said today that she could remember the emotions while stabbing Travis. Well if she can remember the emotions while stabbing him - then she remembers stabbing him. Hope the jury caught that one.
    This was a major mistake by her. I hope someone asks a question about that statement in the next round of questions.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nawd68 For This Useful Post:

Sleuth13 is offline Proud Member: Team Travis & The Juanettes
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
    So Ryan doesn't know his dates, the car guy is wrong... and that's just concerning the hair.

She gave this "they're wrong/don't remember correctly" answer about something else too...

Did she say the police officer was wrong about her hiding her laptop in the hamper?

Hm...
    Remember when she said, "Ryan is full of crap!!" ?

Initially that irritated me but later when JM threw it back at her once all sarcastically like, "Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Ryan is full of crap" I admittedly LOL'd!
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path." ~ Travis Alexander

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sleuth13 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
    Now that you mention it, it's making me giggle too. And I have no idea why... we never use his initials or name. He is forever Car Rental Guy. Bit of an odd duck...
    Is he the Columbo?

I believe Travis had no clue she was taking pics of him up until the last with facial/headshot.

Why? The ones prior to that were taken without a flash and the full front headshot had the flash on.

Where were the weapons? On her person. (hands, pants), because she was dressed because he kicked her out.

The pant leg is in the pics too as we all know.

You think she forced him to pose for for the shower pics?

I've wondered where the weapons were at the time she was taking the pics.
    Last edited by ElleElle; 03-07-2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: gammar

46. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ElleElle For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast