big pet pig

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
http://wkrc.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=7DACD03C-3243-4AE7-9E1E-3BEF623A7FF2

snip
LARWILL, Ind. (AP) - Some residents of a small northern Indiana town have a beef about a big pig they say is being kept illegally as a household pet.

Larwill clerk-treasurer Rene Sills says she's taken complaints about a pig estimated to weigh 300 pounds being kept as a pet, which is against the ordinance of the town about 20 miles west of Fort Wayne

Is this pig hurting the neighbors in some way? Why is it that these people can't mind their own business and just let it be??? Unless its creating some big pig stink or something similar, I think they should just leave it alone.

Jeana (DP) said:
Is this pig hurting the neighbors in some way? Why is it that these people can't mind their own business and just let it be??? Unless its creating some big pig stink or something similar, I think they should just leave it alone.

Another case of what I like to call "Gladys Kravitz" neighbors. The article clearly says that the neighbors were not even aware the pig was still there until they happened to SEE it outside one day. Obviously it isn't causing any problems if they weren't even aware it was there....
A single pig is actually a cleaner and less bothersome pet than a big, barking, howling, digging dog. Some people need to get a life.....really.

I can own a pig where I live - and it's a residential neighborhood.
It just can't be over 200 pounds.

MW

Another reason why I just love living in the country! Not too long ago, I opened my front door to find three emus in my front yard. Nobody gets upset, we just herd them into an enclosure until somebody comes along and claims them. Not to mention the wild boar that roots in my wetlands, or the deer that bed down nightly in the high grass in the back pasture. Anybody has a complaint around here about animals they just might get run out of "town". ( except we don't really have a town! LOL! ) TG for few neighbors!

:D For years I raised one or two pigs for out families consumption. As has been said they are as clean as "you" will allow them to be. A very smart animal, but one that I would think, at 300 lb., would create a lot of damage inside a house. (But I must admit that I have seen kittens that could do more.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back