No Challenge Too Big for Girl Born Without Eyes or Nose

From the link:

She attends The Governor Morehead School in Raleigh, N.C., a residential K-12 school for the blind, but no challenge is too big for her: She runs on the track team and recently qualified for a scholarship to the Charlotte Curling Club.

And soon, by the end of the school year, she will have a new nose. ...........

I love this quote:

"Things always may be hard," Cassidy told ABCNews.com. "But here's what I think: I don't need easy, I just need possible."

I think she's gonna be a winner!

From the link:

She attends The Governor Morehead School in Raleigh, N.C., a residential K-12 school for the blind, but no challenge is too big for her: She runs on the track team and recently qualified for a scholarship to the Charlotte Curling Club.

And soon, by the end of the school year, she will have a new nose. ...........

I love this quote:

I think she's gonna be a winner!

I'm going to remember that quote.

Amazing that such wisdom can come out of one so young.

What a wonderful young lady. She will achieve great things. :D

ETA: this part horrfies me - in Australia they would be paid for by the federal government. :(

As a little girl, Cassidy had prosthetics for eyes, but at $5,000 a piece the family could not afford to replace the custom-made eyes when she outgrew them.

"Insurance didn't pay one cent," said her mother. "We had already started the process to do her nose, moving her eyes closer together and having her skull reshaped. We were not going to pay for it then have to pay again."

She said once Cassidy's nose surgery was complete, they would buy new prosthetic eyes.

I'm going to remember that quote.

Amazing that such wisdom can come out of one so young.

What a wonderful young lady. She will achieve great things. :D

ETA: this part horrfies me - in Australia they would be paid for by the federal government. :(

As a little girl, Cassidy had prosthetics for eyes, but at $5,000 a piece the family could not afford to replace the custom-made eyes when she outgrew them.

"Insurance didn't pay one cent," said her mother. "We had already started the process to do her nose, moving her eyes closer together and having her skull reshaped. We were not going to pay for it then have to pay again."

She said once Cassidy's nose surgery was complete, they would buy new prosthetic eyes.

Shameful. It really upsets me how children go without medical care in this country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back