1301 users online (233 members and 1068 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Valerie Harper Has Terminal Cancer

TV Star Valerie Harper Has Terminal Brain Cancer

Report by Tracy Phillips | March 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM | Celebrities, TV News, XFINITY Streampix

Actress Valerie Harper has revealed she has terminal brain cancer.

Harper, 73, tells People magazine that she has leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare condition that occurs when cancer cells spread into the fluid-filled membrane surrounding the brain.

Doctors say she has as little as three months left to live. Harper received the devastating news on Jan. 15...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/...cid=hero_media

I saw that this morning.. I just think she is so awesome. I have loved her since Rhoda. Used to love watching her on Mary Tyler Moore show...

Praying an easy passage for her.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

How sad!!!

Bless Valerie Harper! What a brave thing to reveal this devastating news to her public. I am so glad she did.....for her sake, for she will feel the love and support of people far and wide who have enjoyed her work and admire her as an actress, AND for the sake of others who suffer with diseases such as this so they will know they are not alone. I pray that her end of life journey is one of healing and love and the absolute knowledge that she made a positive difference in this world.
    One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
    John F. Kennedy

Awww....I loved Rhoda. I flat out loved her. I am so sorry, and I hope she isnt suffering.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

So sorry to hear this news....

Valerie Harper on cancer: ‘I’m not dying until I do’

From the Today Show.....

http://www.today.com/id/26184891/vp/51131773#51131773

This is so sad and heartbreaking!
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

I watched the Today Show this morning and I loved her comment about living in the moment. Bless her, she is so right that she could be 1 day, 3 months and yet she has met others with this disease and have been living for years.

My wish is she live as long as she can. She has an amazing spirit.
    The best and most beautiful things in life can not be seen nor even touched, they must be felt, with the heart. - Anonymous

Lets bring Michael home!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...13#post9010513

Avid Animal Rescuer who volunteers with an organization to rescue dogs from high kill shelters in California and Texas. If you know of an animal that needs help being rescued, please email me and we will get to work on it!

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Like most who have posted here, I, too, enjoyed Valerie Harper on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and later on Rhoda. My favorite performance by Harper, though, is her role as Mrs. Delvecchio in the made-for-TV movie, A Friend To Die For that also stars Kellie Martin and Tori Spelling. It shows up on Lifetime/Lifetime Movie Network every so often, so if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the film that features Valerie Harper in a very sensitive, poignant role as a religious woman who must deal with the fact that her teenage daughter, Angela, murders a high school rival.
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 03-11-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typo

The character Mrs. Delvecchio sounds familiar... I will have to go and do some searching. Thank you!
    The best and most beautiful things in life can not be seen nor even touched, they must be felt, with the heart. - Anonymous

Lets bring Michael home!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...13#post9010513

Avid Animal Rescuer who volunteers with an organization to rescue dogs from high kill shelters in California and Texas. If you know of an animal that needs help being rescued, please email me and we will get to work on it!

I love her website, and hearing about what she did in each decade. Such a gracious and humble person. God Bless Valerie.

More Valerie from the Today Show:

7:35 am
    Valerie Harper: It’s ‘good to be open’ about illness

http://www.today.com/id/26184891/vp/51144794#51144794

Awww, I spent so many sleepless nights back in the mid 90s watching reruns of MTM show and Rhoda on Nick at Night while nursing my first child! loved Valerie, loved that character, she was fantastic, and still is.

I wish her many, many more peaceful, gentle days, surrounded by her loved ones.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

There was a brief article on my homepage yesterday indicating that Ed Asner, who co-starred with Harper on the MTM show, has been hospitalized for exhaustion.

Good for her!

Valerie Harper
    'Dancing with the Stars'
    Despite Terminal Brain Cancer

Valerie Harper -- whom doctors gave three months to live back in March due to her terminal brain cancer -- hasn't just defied medicine by staying alive ... she's signed on to "Dancing with the Stars."

As we reported, 74-year-old Harper -- famous for playing the role of Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" -- announced she had been diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare form of cancer in which cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.

Doctors gave her roughly until June to live ... but it's already August, and we've learned she's doing so well she is set to appear on the upcoming season of "Dancing," an extremely physically-demanding reality show.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/28/valeri...#ixzz2dHqPu2oN
    Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast