Valerie Harper Has Terminal Cancer

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
TV Star Valerie Harper Has Terminal Brain Cancer

Report by Tracy Phillips | March 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM | Celebrities, TV News, XFINITY Streampix

Actress Valerie Harper has revealed she has terminal brain cancer.

Harper, 73, tells People magazine that she has leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare condition that occurs when cancer cells spread into the fluid-filled membrane surrounding the brain.

Doctors say she has as little as three months left to live. Harper received the devastating news on Jan. 15...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...per-has-terminal-brain-cancer/?cid=hero_media

I saw that this morning.. I just think she is so awesome. I have loved her since Rhoda. Used to love watching her on Mary Tyler Moore show...

Praying an easy passage for her.

Bless Valerie Harper! What a brave thing to reveal this devastating news to her public. I am so glad she did.....for her sake, for she will feel the love and support of people far and wide who have enjoyed her work and admire her as an actress, AND for the sake of others who suffer with diseases such as this so they will know they are not alone. I pray that her end of life journey is one of healing and love and the absolute knowledge that she made a positive difference in this world.

Awww....I loved Rhoda. I flat out loved her. I am so sorry, and I hope she isnt suffering.

I watched the Today Show this morning and I loved her comment about living in the moment. Bless her, she is so right that she could be 1 day, 3 months and yet she has met others with this disease and have been living for years.

My wish is she live as long as she can. She has an amazing spirit. :heartbeat:

Like most who have posted here, I, too, enjoyed Valerie Harper on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and later on Rhoda. My favorite performance by Harper, though, is her role as Mrs. Delvecchio in the made-for-TV movie, A Friend To Die For that also stars Kellie Martin and Tori Spelling. It shows up on Lifetime/Lifetime Movie Network every so often, so if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the film that features Valerie Harper in a very sensitive, poignant role as a religious woman who must deal with the fact that her teenage daughter, Angela, murders a high school rival.

I love her website, and hearing about what she did in each decade. Such a gracious and humble person. God Bless Valerie.

Awww, I spent so many sleepless nights back in the mid 90s watching reruns of MTM show and Rhoda on Nick at Night while nursing my first child! loved Valerie, loved that character, she was fantastic, and still is.

I wish her many, many more peaceful, gentle days, surrounded by her loved ones. :rose:

There was a brief article on my homepage yesterday indicating that Ed Asner, who co-starred with Harper on the MTM show, has been hospitalized for exhaustion.

Good for her! :woohoo: :skip:

Valerie Harper
'Dancing with the Stars'
Despite Terminal Brain Cancer

Valerie Harper -- whom doctors gave three months to live back in March due to her terminal brain cancer -- hasn't just defied medicine by staying alive ... she's signed on to "Dancing with the Stars."

As we reported, 74-year-old Harper -- famous for playing the role of Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" -- announced she had been diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare form of cancer in which cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.

Doctors gave her roughly until June to live ... but it's already August, and we've learned she's doing so well she is set to appear on the upcoming season of "Dancing," an extremely physically-demanding reality show.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/28/valerie-harper-dancing-with-the-stars-brain-cancer/#ixzz2dHqPu2oN
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

Valerie Harper's doctor: Cancer is 'pretty close to a remission'

Randee Dawn TODAY contributor

In March, Valerie Harper, the actress best known to TV fans as Rhoda Morgenstern on "Rhoda" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," announced on TODAY that she had been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, and it was terminal.

But on Thursday, clips from a new interview with Meredith Vieira revealed a shocking turnaround. Based on recent tests, the 74-year-old Harper — who had been diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a form of cancer that strikes the membranes surrounding the brain — may have beaten back the cancer for now.

"I'd say that we're getting pretty close to a remission," neruo-oncologist Dr. Jeremy Rudnick, Harper's physician, told her.

"It defies the odds," he added.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/valerie-harper-im-pretty-close-cancer-remission-8C11030882

I don't know when it was filmed but think she'll be on the next episode of Hot in Cleveland.

Valerie Harper's doctor: Cancer is 'pretty close to a remission'

...But on Thursday, clips from a new interview with Meredith Vieira revealed a shocking turnaround. Based on recent tests, the 74-year-old Harper — who had been diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a form of cancer that strikes the membranes surrounding the brain — may have beaten back the cancer for now...

Also from the Today Show interview: ...The revelation is part of an hour-long documentary about Harper's battle with cancer which airs Sept. 19 at 10 p.m. on NBC. In it, Harper discusses how she's faced the disease, using traditional chemotherapy alongside acupuncture and Chinese tea...

Valerie Harper Sued by Broadway Producers for Not Revealing Cancer Diagnosis: Report

Rebecca Macatee, eonline
41 minutes ago

Valerie Harper isn't just fighting terminal brain cancer—she's facing a legal battle, too.

Per the The New York Daily News , Matthew Lombardo and several Broadway producers filed a $2 million lawsuit against the 74-year-old actress, claiming that when she began work on the show Looped in 2012, she and husband Tony Cacciotti intentionally failed to notify them she had cancer. This suit, it should be noted, was reportedly filed as a counterclaim to one Harper filed asking for wages owed for the duration of show, which she was unable to complete because of health reasons...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140428/b536124/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back