732 users online (111 members and 621 guests)  

Websleuths News

Donít call him 'Adam': South Carolina manís genes help date first man

You're older than you think.

DNA from an unnamed African-American from South Carolina is so distinctive that it led scientists to a unique conclusion: The roots of the human tree date back much further than previously thought.

"This lineage diverged from previously known Y chromosomes about 338,000 years ago, a time when anatomically modern humans had not yet evolved," said Michael Hammer, an associate professor in the University of Arizona's department of ecology and evolutionary biology and a research scientist at the UA's Arizona Research Labs. "This pushes back the time the last common Y chromosome ancestor lived by almost 70 percent."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...#ixzz2MnLjvoxz

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policyóa policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Wow! This is an amazing discovery.
    ďJustice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.Ē - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.