Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CO - Leann "Annie" Meyer, 51, Wheat Ridge, 23 February 2013 - M. Miller glty murder

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ne-annie-meyer

Flyers are up for Annie, asking for public help in locating her.

Since she was confirmed talking to a friend on the 23rd, I wonder if the police have checked out phone pings from then until the 25th, when she supposedly texted her employer.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:

don't they even have the vehicles listed on the flyers???? that is important!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

I called in a tip on Friday, saw a lady who had some similar characteristics walking around in Arvada, looking a bit disoriented. Have not heard back but it was likely not Annie. It's so strange that she's missing and two vehicles also missing.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1...-for-two-weeks

Sisters and brother going to Denver to aid in monitoring search for Leann.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:

this is sooo strange

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Oh this just makes me mad!!!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/1...ill-wont-talk/

Roommate Of Missing Woman Remains Silent, Hires Attorney

Meyer and other friends say they are dismayed that Meyer’s roommate, Melissa Miller, has been silent. Police have said they wanted to speak with Miller and now confirm that she has retained an attorney and will not talk to authorities. Friends say Miller won’t answer the phone or return calls.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Oh this just makes me mad!!!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/1...ill-wont-talk/

Roommate Of Missing Woman Remains Silent, Hires Attorney

Meyer and other friends say they are dismayed that Meyer’s roommate, Melissa Miller, has been silent. Police have said they wanted to speak with Miller and now confirm that she has retained an attorney and will not talk to authorities. Friends say Miller won’t answer the phone or return calls.
    IMO, these are the actions of someone who knows where Annie is and has something to do with her missing. I don't feel this is going to turn out well. Lord, I hope I am wrong.

The roommate is just silently screaming I'm guilty. MOO

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sporky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LisaCougar View Post
    IMO, these are the actions of someone who knows where Annie is and has something to do with her missing. I don't feel this is going to turn out well. Lord, I hope I am wrong.
    I agree with you.

The roommate asked someone to take care of Annie's cat, and that is the only positive action I can credit her with, so far. She needs to be upfront with LE, and let them know whatever it takes to help find Annie. This is about Annie.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:

oh my word- an attorney??? usually I wait for facts, but heigh ho that screams guilty- of something

DO any of these people , family/friends, even know this room mate??? Like how long has she been there, anything- no one seems to know anything of her or they aren't saying.

I don't understand why work accepted this person calling in for Annie- 'she won't be in for a while' or whatever was said- what kind of lame excuse is that to give an employer...Why didn't the employer call Annie, back, for more clarification. Unless work 'knew' this person and figured her word was good.

What about the cars??? Are neighbors speaking up- have they seen anything??

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...her-speaks-out

Now say February 7th was the last time anyone confirmed seeing Annie in person. Nothing but text messages to her employer after that. The friend that said she talked to Annie by phone on the 23rd, now not positive that it was Annie she talked to.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bythebook View Post

Now say February 7th was the last time anyone confirmed seeing Annie in person. Nothing but text messages to her employer after that. The friend that said she talked to Annie by phone on the 23rd, now not positive that it was Annie she talked to.
    Her FB activity shows she was playing an FB game on February 10. And now weird - when I clicked on her FB the other day, I don't remember being able to see comments on the pictures. Is that a change? Maybe I just didn't see the comments before.
    Something to know about me: I am open to discussing any and all theories. Just because I'm exploring one possibility does not mean I have discounted any others.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColdHands For This Useful Post:

hey ColdH- no the comments & likes were there, I went thru them. And yes that game on Feb 10
    So this poor woman left work the 7th sick??? and then the 1oth, Sunday she spoke to her mother, the day she normally speaks with her.
    SO all this time no one where she worked ( and had been an employee there for , what, 15 yrs? ) took it upon themselves to GO check on her? After leaving work sick? I mean surely she had some kind of rapport with her coworkers?

well LE might not can 'interview' the roomie, Annie is missing & her vehicles- so why they say they can't when the roomie lives at the same addy ?? but SOMEONE sure could talk to her.

Doesn't it kind of sound like Annie's friends aren't even very up on this roomie either? Did none of them know her from maybe visiting in Annie's home??
    this is just so bizarre!

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    hey ColdH- no the comments & likes were there, I went thru them. And yes that game on Feb 10
    So this poor woman left work the 7th sick??? and then the 1oth, Sunday she spoke to her mother, the day she normally speaks with her.
    SO all this time no one where she worked ( and had been an employee there for , what, 15 yrs? ) took it upon themselves to GO check on her? After leaving work sick? I mean surely she had some kind of rapport with her coworkers?

well LE might not can 'interview' the roomie, Annie is missing & her vehicles- so why they say they can't when the roomie lives at the same addy ?? but SOMEONE sure could talk to her.

Doesn't it kind of sound like Annie's friends aren't even very up on this roomie either? Did none of them know her from maybe visiting in Annie's home??
    this is just so bizarre!
    thanks! I wasn't sure and definitely did not want to be misleading!

Well, hopefully with the roommate getting an attorney there will be something done. She may just need to feel she has control of the situation before she talks to the police. I don't think it's a good sign for this poor lady though.
    Something to know about me: I am open to discussing any and all theories. Just because I'm exploring one possibility does not mean I have discounted any others.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ColdHands For This Useful Post:

ohh , she left work sick- I hope someone hadn't been slowly poisoning her- OKay ...where that came from I dunno
    I hope they have gotten her phone records and tried to see where her phone was/is.
    I wonder if there is some way to track the VIN or tags on the cars, in case someone decided to sell them.
    geesh I wish the neighbors would spill as to what activity/vehicles they had seen from the 7th onward.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

New poster here; first post.

I live in the western suburbs of Denver and when the story about Annie broke I couldn't help but wonder if she'd somehow inadvertently gotten mixed up with another crime in Wheat Ridge involving the robbery of a gun shop. Silver vehicle involved in that one, too.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...t-ridge-robbed

Perhaps she stumbled onto the folks planning this heist and got into trouble with them.

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Thinker22 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker22 View Post
    New poster here; first post.

I live in the western suburbs of Denver and when the story about Annie broke I couldn't help but wonder if she'd somehow inadvertently gotten mixed up with another crime in Wheat Ridge involving the robbery of a gun shop. Silver vehicle involved in that one, too.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...t-ridge-robbed

Perhaps she stumbled onto the folks planning this heist and got into trouble with them.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    search warrant being served on her home
    http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1...ssing-MN-woman
    This bee my opinion

33. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

good grief can all these MSM get the time last seen right? Feb 7 or what

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

LE doing forensic search of Annie's home. Brought in a bloodhound.

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:

oh good ( well sad too) an HRD dog, hopefully well trained/certified

Someone needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with that roomie!

39. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Roommate of missing Wheat Ridge woman, Annie Meyer, to take private lie-detector test, family says
    Melissa Miller won't talk in-person with police
    Pickett said Miller's account of Meyer's disappearance has some discrepancies.

Miller told Annie's co-workers on the phone that Annie was sick, but police said she told them, "Annie is not missing, she is with a woman named Cathy."

None of Annie's friends or family has heard of a Cathy. But because police have no evidence a crime was committed, Pickett said their hands are tied when it comes to interviewing Miller.

Miller's father said his daughter has not seen Meyer since Feb. 25, when Meyer was going to dinner with another woman.

Trounce said that his daughter had been driving Meyer's Toyota RAV4, but had returned it. He said Meyer's older Toyota truck is actually in a repair shop, because it had a broken motor.

Trounce said his daughter is taking a lie-detector test this week to prove she is being truthful, but it's a private polygraph with her attorney, not with police.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...vate-polygraph
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

43. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Roommate of missing Wheat Ridge woman, Annie Meyer, to take private lie-detector test, family says
    Melissa Miller won't talk in-person with police
    Pickett said Miller's account of Meyer's disappearance has some discrepancies.

Miller told Annie's co-workers on the phone that Annie was sick, but police said she told them, "Annie is not missing, she is with a woman named Cathy."

None of Annie's friends or family has heard of a Cathy. But because police have no evidence a crime was committed, Pickett said their hands are tied when it comes to interviewing Miller.

Miller's father said his daughter has not seen Meyer since Feb. 25, when Meyer was going to dinner with another woman.

Trounce said that his daughter had been driving Meyer's Toyota RAV4, but had returned it. He said Meyer's older Toyota truck is actually in a repair shop, because it had a broken motor.

Trounce said his daughter is taking a lie-detector test this week to prove she is being truthful, but it's a private polygraph with her attorney, not with police.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...vate-polygraph
    Does not sound good to me.
    Just my opinion, of course.

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Does not sound good to me.
    At least there is some communication now. Melissa's family members are also talking. The more people involved means the more likely stories will not match up.

If Annie had been "sick" for 2 1/2 weeks, why would she decide to go out to dinner (on a work night) February 25th, with a new friend, and still not call in to work herself?

If Annie called her mom every Sunday, why did she not call on the 17th or 24th?

What shop is her truck in for repairs, how and when did it get there?

Has Melissa been driving Annie's suv since Annie's truck has been in the repair shop? Does it make sense that Annie would not have a vehicle to drive? How many weeks does it take to repair a truck?

Maybe Annie told Melissa her "lease" was up and it was time to move. Did Melissa have an income of her own?

For something that could have been easily explained from the beginning, the non-cooperation has done nothing but put a huge red circle around the roommate.

I want nothing more than for Annie to show up, feed her cat, hug her family members and go back to work. IMO I do not think that is going to happen.

47. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast