The Water Tanks

Was the lid on or off?
That's a good question, and I'm not sure it was answered. I don't know why it would be such a secret. With the reviews and reports of malfunctioning equipment, it wouldn't shock me at all.:furious:

Was the lid on or off?

The only statement i can find that might reference the lid of the water tank:
It’s unclear how Lam may have gotten onto the Cecil’s roof, which has no security cameras. LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said the roof is “secured with an alarm, and a lock and a key to the door access,” according to CBC News, although the water tank itself is not locked.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...dian-woman-found-water-tank-article-1.1268631

if he stated that the tank is unlocked, then it stands to reason that there would need to be a lid, right? It would be closed, just not locked. Otherwise they would have stated that it had been open.

It also stands to reason that a dog would have possibly picked up the scent of decomposition if the lid was left off.

Another video from yesterday by a chinese investigator of Cecil.
(music is a little creepy...you might want to mute it..)

They are also updating pictures if you guys want to have a look too: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2184711531?see_lz=1

[ame="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE5NDk1ODcy.html"]蓝可儿CECIL酒店全方位探秘(独家视频,绝æ—*仅有)—在线æ’*放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看[/ame]

Well that cleared it all up for me! :floorlaugh:

That video @58 seconds shows the water tank with a ladder by it and the lid open. When was it taken?

this was taken in the last 2 days. the video was posted today.but was uploaded yesterday.

That would confirm the fire department's report that there was a ladder by the tank, and suspicions that the lid was off, not closed, as some suggested.

There is also a lid off on another tank.

Well, that's an odd avitar for such a Chinesey forum.
Their photo of the tanks does not show a large hole cut in any of them.

hmmm.

Erm.. Did you scroll all the way down?
There's a picture of the tank Elisa was found in, they cut a hole from the side. (You wouldn't expect them to cut a hole on the TOP right?)

Erm.. Did you scroll all the way down?
There's a picture of the tank Elisa was found in, they cut a hole from the side. (You wouldn't expect them to cut a hole on the TOP right?)

I saw a video in a media account that showed where the square hole on the top of the tank had been "enlarged" into a rectangle.

And no, I didn't scroll down to the bottom, but I am about to.

Egads! I see. Well then, it still has "the water" in it, supposedly.
All I can say is if that were really coming out of the taps, then people
complaining about "low water pressure", seems to have been the least of
their problems!

Again, I want to know why they want people to believe she was in a water tank
that people were drinking from? The smell coming from their faucets would have
been unbearable. No one would stick their toothbrush into this or step into a shower with this water coming out of the taps. Period.

a walk from 9th floor to 14th

[ame="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE4Nzk0MTk2.html"]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE4Nzk0MTk2.html[/ame]

I don't think the perp was 'forced' to use the tank. Given the history and 'ambience' of the Cecil it would provide enough cover at least for a few weeks to get the trail cold on him. Doubt that it would be easier for him to dump in the ocean as that would entail getting the body out of the building. If this was a first offence there would be little tying the perp to the crime and the tanks have bought enough time to escape/cover tracks as intended.

Just found this video news release by AP on behalf of CCTV, the Chinese broadcaster. At the 2:05 mark, the LAPD Spokesman reveals the number of hours of video tapes they reviewed and the reason for the release of the elevator video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRQqdAQ9Ptc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]USA Elisa Lam Photos (CCTV News Content) - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think the perp was 'forced' to use the tank. Given the history and 'ambience' of the Cecil it would provide enough cover at least for a few weeks to get the trail cold on him. Doubt that it would be easier for him to dump in the ocean as that would entail getting the body out of the building. If this was a first offence there would be little tying the perp to the crime and the tanks have bought enough time to escape/cover tracks as intended.

Right and the tanks are just a short distance from the 14th floor, less time to manuever to hide EL and much much less risk getting caught

Maybe now the Cecil will install security cams on the roof

Years ago there was a woman who killed in a hotel and placed in one of the housekeeping utility/supply rooms, it was a weekend, high vacancy rate, most hotels slow down on weekends

I also believe that the closer to the tanks the crime was comitted the higher the likelihood that this is reality. I just don't see someone lugging her up 2 or more flights of fire escape. One of my very first impressions of this case was 'I would be scouring that roof with a fine toothed comb' as i believe it is most probable she was killed on the roof or on the 15th floor somewhere. Any father down would seem to risky to transport the body.

It also looks like a wooden ladder is resting on the tanks at all times. You can see firefighters using both the wooden and aluminum ladders. perhaps they stopped using the wooden one once they realized it may be evidence. And chinese reporters have said that the maintenance room up there was unlocked. I believe she was taken up the wooden ladder, body rested on top of the tank, perp climbed up ontop of tank, opened hatch and lowered her in. One of the photos of firefighters shows a FF standing on the tank and reaching up to the maintenance rooftop, and it is at least 6 feet above the top of the tank. If the body was lowered or dropped from that height and then put in the tank the drop would surely cause some noticable damage to the body. and create a lot of noise.

Just found this video news release by AP on behalf of CCTV, the Chinese broadcaster. At the 2:05 mark, the LAPD Spokesman reveals the number of hours of video tapes they reviewed and the reason for the release of the elevator video.

USA Elisa Lam Photos (CCTV News Content) - YouTube

Thanks Qrious. That video also clears up some of the other questions that had been raised here. Specifically:

@0:58 - "We don't believe her body was hidden someplace. We believe that her body was pretty much the whole time in that storage tank. Even the storage tank has a small lid that allows for looking inside of it, a hinged lid. My understanding is that lid was closed when our officers went up there and they didn't think someone would climb up or go up onto that lid. In addition, the water in there I believe is about 10-feet deep, approximately 10-feet deep, and I'm not sure whether her body was on the bottom or on the top but certainly a body on the bottom of that pool would be difficult to see. So I don't have any information at all to believe that her body was stored somewhere else, or kept someplace else, and then placed in the storage tank. We believe it was in the storage tank at the time. Right, the dog did not pick up on her scent but a lot of things can happen. It could have been a couple of days from the time that she went missing to the time the dog went out there and a body inside of a storage tank, the dog wouldn't be able to detect that scent generally."

So I guess that means when they were first looking for her, LE didn't even bother to go up to the tanks or inspect them closely because they didn't think anyone would go up there? What else might they have missed/skipped just because they didn't think a person would access a certain area? :banghead:

Also i noticed in one of the helicopter photos you can see some red blips on the roof in various places, unclear what they are could be vent pipes painted red, but could be evidnece tags? Dont really see bright red spots in all photos of the rooftop.

@0:58 - "My understanding is that lid was closed when our officers went up there and they didn't think someone would climb up or go up onto that lid."

Ok, this officer's comment seems to confirm that the lid was closed at the time of the first examination of the rooftop, when EL was still listed as missing.

This lends, in my opinion, credibility to the theory that she was put in the tank by someone else, and furthers the argument that this is a murder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRQqdAQ9Ptc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]USA Elisa Lam Photos (CCTV News Content) - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, this officer's comment seems to confirm that the lid was closed at the time of the first examination of the rooftop, when EL was still listed as missing.

This lends, in my opinion, credibility to the theory that she was put in the tank by someone else, and furthers the argument that this is a murder.

USA Elisa Lam Photos (CCTV News Content) - YouTube

Furthermore, if this was accidental or suicidal how would EL put the lid back on the tank? Maintenance could have done it after but that is a stretch given that it took complaints of water pressure over 2 weeks later to check the tanks. Whoever did this knew that the tanks were not a hot bed of activity and that staff were fairly blase. Why wouldn't hotel cleaning staff; for example, not notice and report that EL seemed to have disappeared.

Even if her bags were not yet packed and ready to go, surely they would have been aware of her checkout date and wondered why her stuff was still there a week later and bed not slept in? I don't have hotel experience, but it just seems like whoever did this planned it some what. Again, mere conjecture...

Does anyone know what the normal protocol is with cleaning staff and schedules? Would they likely ignore if it looked like someone had not been in their room for a week?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back