1318 users online (264 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What Do You Want to Know?: List Questions Here

guys,

i'm in a chinese group and there's someone heading over to Cecil in the next few days. Maybe we can pass a few questions for them and see if they can do some investigation there.

I'm not familiar with the person we are simply in the same group. If anyone has anything really specific, I can pass along and hope they can find the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by four_seasons View Post
    guys,

i'm in a chinese group and there's someone heading over to Cecil in the next few days. Maybe we can pass a few questions for them and see if they can do some investigation there.

I'm not familiar with the person we are simply in the same group. If anyone has anything really specific, I can pass along and hope they can find the answer.
    I think it would be best to PM requests, or else to have the mods set up a sticky so that we can organize a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Borris View Post
    I think it would be best to PM requests, or else to have the mods set up a sticky so that we can organize a list.
    Maybe people can brainstorm some questions and i can send it to the group and hope they can find out the answer. there's no guarantee as they are not LE and they are just civilians like the rest of us.

Maybe people can brainstorm some questions and i can send it to the group and hope they can find out the answer. there's no guarantee as they are not LE and they are just civilians like the rest of us.
    Just some ideas:

- Opening the rooftop door with the alarm, to confirm that it's locked right now. (some people suggest that the previous group didn't try hard enough)
    - Stay overnight, and explore the hotel and roof at night time.
    - Take pictures of the maintenance room on the roof.
    - Try carrying a large suitcase or each other up the fire escape and water tank
    - Examine the size of the pipe to assess how easily a sandal or clothes could have been sucked inside.
    - Try to find out where the rooftop access hatches lead to.
    - Find out which room Elisa stayed in.
    - Take a video from the elevator to the rooftop door, and also to the 15th floor fire escape.
    - Examine the 14th floor fire escape as well.
    - Knock on the doors of the 14th and 15th floors and interview the occupants. Record them on camera, if legal?
    - Look for long strands of black hair? Any location where her clothes might be disposed of? Take pictures of the lounge and common areas?

Hope they dig deeper, as we have quite a bit of information already on the infrastructure of the hotel and roof.
    Last edited by kingsway; 03-07-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsway View Post
    Just some ideas:

- Opening the rooftop door with the alarm, to confirm that it's locked right now. (some people suggest that the previous group didn't try hard enough)
    - Stay overnight, and explore the hotel and roof at night time.
    - Take pictures of the maintenance room on the roof.
    - Try carrying a large suitcase or each other up the fire escape and water tank
    - Examine the size of the pipe to assess how easily a sandal or clothes could have been sucked inside.
    - Try to find out where the rooftop access hatches lead to.
    - Find out which room Elisa stayed in.
    - Take a video from the elevator to the rooftop door, and also to the 15th floor fire escape.
    - Examine the 14th floor fire escape as well.
    - Knock on the doors of the 14th and 15th floors and interview the occupants. Record them on camera, if legal?
    - Look for long strands of black hair? Any location where her clothes might be disposed of? Take pictures of the lounge and common areas?

Hope they dig deeper, as we have quite a bit of information already on the infrastructure of the hotel and roof.
    - Locating every survelliance camera ( look around the lobby / entry/exit doors) would be very helpful.

Originally Posted by noodled1
    The Chinese investigators said the alarm did not sound when they finally opened the door to go up and take pics.

I remember somebody saying that. Not very surprising in a hotel like that. Now I can't remember who said it. I was thinking it was those Chinese guys but now I am thinking it was somebody who came here and posted a few times who said that he stayed there the week after she was missing. Does that sound familiar?
    made a video in the "roof access" thread showing how those doors work.

There's also an alley off 7th that goes behind the bldg. This is where Ramirez would dump his bloody clothes before going into the hotel after a murder.

sorry guys...they went already and i'm waiting to see if they will start a thread...

in the mean time...i found info on Elisa's funeral on Saturday. the page has since been taken down but google cache did indicate the funeral.

That's okay, four_seasons. A thread to list unanswered questions about the hotel and the circumstances that existed at the time of Elisa's death is still an excellent idea.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    That's okay, four_seasons. A thread to list unanswered questions about the hotel and the circumstances that existed at the time of Elisa's death is still an excellent idea.
    is there a general thread? just wanted to post a link to what i think is the funeral home where EL's funeral will be on Saturday.

is there a general thread? just wanted to post a link to what i think is the funeral home where EL's funeral will be on Saturday.
    If the page has been taken down, and the info isn't publicized elsewhere, we should assume the family has requested privacy and respect their wishes. Besides, you won't be able to link to the source. But thank you for asking before you posted.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Myst is offline ~ Things are not always what they seem ~
    I'd like to know if there are inner locks inside the shower/toilet rooms that are in the hallways?

In some reviews for the Cecil, out on the net, some have mentioned that there were no locks inside. Hoping that isn't part of what Elisa experienced.

Things I'd like to know:

-time of the video
    -what time she was last seen
    -what floor she lived on, and any experience anyone had with her at the hotel
    -location of her clothes
    -what she was doing on the 14th floor
    -occupants of the 14th/15th floor
    -any history of psychosis, sleepwalking, etc...
    -how difficult is it to open a lid, does it require considerable strength?... afaik, no team that went to the rooftop ever tried opening one of the other lids. Maybe there are other dead bodies

One thing I don't understand is why the water pressure dropped significantly in the day or couple of days before the tanks were searched and EL's body was found. The body had been in there for a good while, so something must have changed to create such a change.

I know the Cecil has water pressure problems in general, and that there probably had been some degree of pressure problems previous to the last day or so before she was found. But I can only think of two reasons that this would have happened. Either the decomposition of her body reached a stage at which all or part(s) of it began to cover or clog the exit pipes, or articles of her clothing indeed did end up getting sucked into and clogging the pipes.

Assuming the pressure is back to normal currently, we can assume her clothes were not the cause (that idea wouldn't make much sense anyway). And apparently the body was found floating in the water with her head pointing down with feet up (which, according to the FBI website, is the natural way that bodies of drowning victims become oriented, by the way--a clue that hasn't been discussed much on these forums to my knowledge). So it makes me wonder if parts of her body or skin had begun to clog the pipes. The same FBI site discusses about how, for instance, the skin of hands can come off like gloves.

Regardless, I've never heard much discussion of why the water pressure would have been affected, and why it would have become so dramatically low toward the end. Just wondering if anyone has heard, knows anything, or has any educated guesses about that?

Quote Originally Posted by findinganatta View Post
    One thing I don't understand is why the water pressure dropped significantly in the day or couple of days before the tanks were searched and EL's body was found. The body had been in there for a good while, so something must have changed to create such a change.

I know the Cecil has water pressure problems in general, and that there probably had been some degree of pressure problems previous to the last day or so before she was found. But I can only think of two reasons that this would have happened. Either the decomposition of her body reached a stage at which all or part(s) of it began to cover or clog the exit pipes, or articles of her clothing indeed did end up getting sucked into and clogging the pipes.

Assuming the pressure is back to normal currently, we can assume her clothes were not the cause (that idea wouldn't make much sense anyway). And apparently the body was found floating in the water with her head pointing down with feet up (which, according to the FBI website, is the natural way that bodies of drowning victims become oriented, by the way--a clue that hasn't been discussed much on these forums to my knowledge). So it makes me wonder if parts of her body or skin had begun to clog the pipes. The same FBI site discusses about how, for instance, the skin of hands can come off like gloves.

Regardless, I've never heard much discussion of why the water pressure would have been affected, and why it would have become so dramatically low toward the end. Just wondering if anyone has heard, knows anything, or has any educated guesses about that?
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What kind of turbulence is there in a water tank, and how strong is the suction from the pipe? Is it enough to make a body toss and turn? Maybe the body got sucked to the pipe multiple times causing physical damage - which may have prevented the coroner from noticing any prior trauma?

So I'm assuming we check back on this thread for updates about their trip and potential video?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast