800 users online (106 members and 694 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1010
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43


    http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#


    http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/pb...te=printpicart
    Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.


    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
    La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

    Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
    Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

    He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

    Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10

    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13

    Thread #14
    Thread #15
    Thread #16
    Thread #17
    Thread #18
    Thread #19
    Thread #20
    Thread #21
    Thread #22
    Thread #23
    Thread #24
    Thread #25

    thread #26

    thread #27

    Thread #28

    thread #29

    thread #31

    Thread #32
    Thread #33
    Thread #34
    Thread #35
    Thread #36
    Thread #37
    Thread #38
    Thread #39
    Thread #40
    Thread #41
    Thread #42





    Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

    Timeline Reference Post


    Missing Persons Information & Support

    Official Facebook Page
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-24-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: broken links

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 #5

    Important Changes to the discussion :

    Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

    We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

    Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

    The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

    We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.


    All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124
    Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

    We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

    We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

    All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

    Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

    Thank you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Okay Guys - listen up! The last thread was going off the rails with the ranting about MR. Knock it off. If you just want to gripe - don't post it. Do NOT call names and do not use name variations (such as idiot or bad ass). Do NOT put words in his mouth.

    The mods understand that frustration is high but you need to put this in prespective. While things look hinky, LE has not named MR a POI or a Suspect and LE has a lot more information than we do. MR is still a parent and as such, until LE or MSM tell us different, he is entitled to some respect here.

    Discuss his comments, discuss contradictions if you see them, but leave the ranting off the thread please.

    As always, if you have questions, pm a mod.

    Thanks,

    Salem

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

    Please continue here...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,208
    And here we are...thread #43.

    Are we any closer to getting answers? Do most feel Dylan will be found and whomever is responsible will pay for what they did?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    12,859
    I DO!
    He will be found !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    390
    I have a question for LE to!!! Were all the passengers on the plane cleared?

    IF and I say IF MR in some strange way isn't involved (and y'all got to know that I am balancing on the fence on this one!!) isn't it common sense to work backwards to the people last in contact with DR.

    This is something that has stuck in my mind and I think I can use my rational brain here but want to get others perspectives on it.

    When ER got the phone call from MR to ask if she had heard from DR, what was the time frame in which she took the call and arrived in Durango. Was it enough time to contact CR and her husband, throw some things in a bag, get gas etc and then drive off or leave as she hung up the phone. I hope this isn't considered sleuthing ER and please snip if it is. I just feel like everything is going in circles and although that is to be expected when there is no real new information I suppose....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    288
    I need a new laptop. I wrote a long comment about Miranda rights, but by the time I submitted it, a new thread was opened. Darn slow computer! The gist of my comment was:
    Miranda rights must be given at the time a person is taken into custody, or is subjected to an interrogation from which he cannot leave. The key question is: is the person being questioned free to leave? If not, Miranda rights should be explained. However, if I know that the police suspect me as a perpetrator in a crime, and I willingly go to the police station and give a statement, the police need not give the rights before questioning me, as long as I am not under arrest and I"m free to leave. Miranda rights can be waived. Also, if I am under arrest and invoke my right to an attorney, but while I'm waiting for my attorney, I re-initiate a conversation with the police, generally, my statements can be used against me. The key again is whether the person is in custody. How the police refer to that person, as a suspect or POI, is irrelevant. I assume LE isn't quick to name suspects to the media, because it makes a person far less likely to willingly talk to LE without a lawyer.


  11. #11
    NC Analyzer's Avatar
    NC Analyzer is offline Verified Professional - Child Protective Services
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by cfreyja23 View Post
    I need a new laptop. I wrote a long comment about Miranda rights, but by the time I submitted it, a new thread was opened. Darn slow computer! The gist of my comment was:
    Miranda rights must be given at the time a person is taken into custody, or is subjected to an interrogation from which he cannot leave. The key question is: is the person being questioned free to leave? If not, Miranda rights should be explained. However, if I know that the police suspect me as a perpetrator in a crime, and I willingly go to the police station and give a statement, the police need not give the rights before questioning me, as long as I am not under arrest and I"m free to leave. Miranda rights can be waived. Also, if I am under arrest and invoke my right to an attorney, but while I'm waiting for my attorney, I re-initiate a conversation with the police, generally, my statements can be used against me. The key again is whether the person is in custody. How the police refer to that person, as a suspect or POI, is irrelevant. I assume LE isn't quick to name suspects to the media, because it makes a person far less likely to willingly talk to LE without a lawyer.
    Thanks are not enough! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Just My Opinion

    They that are fated to be fools, have one consolation, that they are fated also to be ignorant of it. --NORMAN MACDONALD

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
    And here we are...thread #43.

    Are we any closer to getting answers? Do most feel Dylan will be found and whomever is responsible will pay for what they did?
    I think he will be found but I'm very worried that the evidence found with/on him will be indeterminate as to method and perpetrator.
    Something to know about me: I am open to discussing any and all theories. Just because I'm exploring one possibility does not mean I have discounted any others.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstar80 View Post
    I have a question for LE to!!! Were all the passengers on the plane cleared?

    IF and I say IF MR in some strange way isn't involved (and y'all got to know that I am balancing on the fence on this one!!) isn't it common sense to work backwards to the people last in contact with DR.

    This is something that has stuck in my mind and I think I can use my rational brain here but want to get others perspectives on it.

    When ER got the phone call from MR to ask if she had heard from DR, what was the time frame in which she took the call and arrived in Durango. Was it enough time to contact CR and her husband, throw some things in a bag, get gas etc and then drive off or leave as she hung up the phone. I hope this isn't considered sleuthing ER and please snip if it is. I just feel like everything is going in circles and although that is to be expected when there is no real new information I suppose....
    Don't know about the passengers.

    I do believe MH and CR drove with Elaine to the area that night. It's not like it's an hour drive. It's 5.5-6 hours away so yes I would assume all would throw some clothes in a bag and make sure gas was in the car. Does it matter how quick they were on the road? Is that what you're asking?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,208
    On its own, it is the nature of circumstantial evidence for more than one explanation to still be possible. Inference from one piece of circumstantial evidence may not guarantee accuracy. Circumstantial evidence usually accumulates into a collection, so that the pieces then become corroborating evidence. Together, they may more strongly support one particular inference over another. An explanation involving circumstantial evidence becomes more valid as proof of a fact when the alternative explanations have been ruled out.
    Circumstantial evidence allows a trier of fact to deduce a fact exists.[1] In criminal law, the inference is made by the trier of facts in order to support the truth of assertion (of guilt or absence of guilt).
    Testimony can be direct evidence or it can be circumstantial. If the witness claims they saw the crime take place, this is considered direct evidence. For instance, a witness saying that the defendant stabbed the victim is direct evidence. By contrast, a witness who says that she saw the defendant enter a house, that she heard screaming, and that she saw the defendant leave with a bloody knife gives circumstantial evidence. It is the necessity for inference, and not the obviousness of a conclusion, that determines whether or not evidence is circumstantial.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth View Post
    Don't know about the passengers.

    I do believe MH and CR drove with Elaine to the area that night. It's not like it's an hour drive. It's 5.5-6 hours away so yes I would assume all would throw some clothes in a bag and make sure gas was in the car. Does it matter how quick they were on the road? Is that what you're asking?
    That whole thing has always been confusing for me. In the beginning, she said she grabbed CR and left for Bayfield. Later it was said that MH and CR were with her, and I've also read MH,CR and other family members. If the whole family rode there in one car and had no other way to get back to CS, it might make sense that it took 10 days to go get some of his clothes and come back. In the beginning, it didn't really sound like anybody saw much urgency in the situation. MOO
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 875
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
  2. Replies: 1044
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  3. Replies: 1008
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  4. Replies: 1103
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
  5. Replies: 1048
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Tags for this Thread