1271 users online (243 members and 1028 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Amazing Photo of Officer calm in the face of danger

This is an amazing photograph. Some guy went crazy in Brisbane CBD yesterday and shut the city centre down for hours. The officer pictured had been standing there for a while and knew the guy had a gun.

I'd really like this guy around in a crisis! Going about his duties in such a no-fuss, quietly heroic way.

He's cute, too.

The Queensland Police used to have the worst reputation in Australia, nowdays I would say that has reversed. They are doing some wonderful work with many examples of exceptionally fine policing in recent years.

ONE brave senior constable stands his ground as the heavily tattooed man strides towards him, a gun tucked behind his back.

The officer from Ferny Grove, in Brisbane's west, captured in one of dozens of dramatic images from yesterday's drama, was one of dozens called in when a gunman pulled a pistol on two plainclothes officers in the busy Queen Street Mall.

The policeman, who was not wearing a bulletproof vest, stood calmly as the crazed father of three struts back and forth.

It was not the first time the officer has stared down danger - he had previously earned a bravery award for ending another siege several years ago.

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.

Queensland Police have charged an alleged gunman over a massive siege that saw Brisbane's Queen Street Mall evacuated as a tense stand off played out.

Officers say Lee Matthew Hillier, 34, roamed Queen Street Mall with a handgun just before midday on Friday.

Seems he isn't having a good week

IT was just after 10pm on a Monday night in Morayfield, north of Brisbane, when a gunshot rang out and neighbours heard a man screaming for help.

What lead Caboolture man Lee Matthew Hillier, 34, out onto the street corner near Michael Avenue and Sharon Court remains a mystery but when paramedics arrived he allegedly screamed at them: "I’ve blown my own fingers off’’

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/nation...#ixzz2N0zZsKKy

Hillier pleaded guilty to four charges including dangerous driving and possessing a loaded firearm.

He will be eligible for parole in March 2008.

Wow... I can't think of many situations where that guy would still be alive.
    We see people getting shot because they MIGHT have a gun.
    I agree, I want this cop in my corner!