CA CA - Tess 'Satya' Lerner, 30, Capitola, 17 Nov 2012

fhc

Reaction score
This is sad, just reported missing with media today...

http://www.register-pajaronian.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=14127

She is described as 5 feet, 6 inches tall and, at 80 pounds, very thin and emaciated. She has dark brown hair and brown eyes.

She is 30, but looks younger. She is also a vegan.

The vehicle then sat at the location for three months before it was discovered. Her groceries were found in her vehicle, along with her keys, which were found in a side pocket.

:please:

Wow.

5'6" and only 80lbs? I know she was a vegan & my vegan friends are thin, but they're healthy thin (and not severly underweight like Satya). A healthy weight for a woman who's 5'6" is anywhere from 120-160lbs (according to healthdiscovery.net). My guess is that Satya was suffering from some sort of eating disorder.

I'm wondering if some problem/medical issue related to her being so underweight may have some how played into this. Maybe she had some sort of medical emergency & became disoriented and wandered away or then met foul play? Finding her keys in her car gives me pause, though. Sounds like foul play from the start. Unless maybe she locked her keys and groceries in her car accidentally & then went to get help & something happened.... Seems like if she went for a walk, she'd take her keys. I'm really worried her little body couldn't handle the post-grocery shopping walk that day and she had some sort of medical emergency.

Surely there is (was?) surveillence video from the grocery store parking lot?

ETA: "Satya" means "truth" in Sanskrit. May your loved ones find the truth about where you are & what happened to you, Satya.

Okay....I'm really confused...:waitasec:

So she was last seen Nov 17 at the location where she lived (her car at that intersection).
Then the car was found "three months" later (Feb 17ish?).

Was the car found at that same intersection?
Did no one attempt to visit/contact Satya at her known "home" (her car at that intersection) after Nov 17? MSM says the car sat there for three months. How do they know it was there the entire time? Was there a receipt with the groceries?

Poor Satya....So sad that no seems to have noticed her car sitting there for months full of rotting groceries. :(

Also I think her car was a Ford Contour...not a Chevrolet since that does not seem to come up on google as existing.

IMO she probably was living out of her car in the parking lot area of the apartments/condos that are situated just South of that intersection....On googlemaps it looks like the name of the complex is The Antigua...but nothing really comes up for that on google.

Thank you amberdawn for the map. When I look at it in satellite view the surrounding area looks well off. Wouldn't they report someone living out of their car to the authorities?

Thank you amberdawn for the map. When I look at it in satellite view the surrounding area looks well off. Wouldn't they report someone living out of their car to the authorities?

I see what you mean, Goldilox. When I read she was living out of her car I was picturing it in Santa Cruz which makes perfect sense but the street-view of the specific area in Capitola makes less sense. I wonder if she was staying in a friend's driveway...though one would think that would have been mentioned.

I also agree with ktgirl that it seems highly possible she had an eating disorder--80 lbs is extremely underweight for her height.

I don't think the exploretalent account is hers--at least it doesn't fit with my image of a vegan, blue ukulele-toting woman who's living in a car.

Wow, this is so strange. Do you remember the ax-wielding hitchhiker that saved those ladies? I followed his story for a bit, and someone had posted this video. Look at the girl in the back dancing. Could that be her? I found Kai's Facebook and he is from California.

Kai The Hitchhiker Plays Ukulele(AMAZING) - YouTube

I see what you mean, Goldilox. When I read she was living out of her car I was picturing it in Santa Cruz which makes perfect sense but the street-view of the specific area in Capitola makes less sense. I wonder if she was staying in a friend's driveway...though one would think that would have been mentioned.

I also agree with ktgirl that it seems highly possible she had an eating disorder--80 lbs is extremely underweight for her height.

I don't think the exploretalent account is hers--at least it doesn't fit with my image of a vegan, blue ukulele-toting woman who's living in a car.

Wow, this is so strange. Do you remember the ax-wielding hitchhiker that saved those ladies? I followed his story for a bit, and someone had posted this video. Look at the girl in the back dancing. Could that be her? I found Kai's Facebook and he is from California.

Kai The Hitchhiker Plays Ukulele(AMAZING) - YouTube

IMO - The girl dancing in the back looks too healthy to be Satya, who only weighs 80lbs but is 5'6" tall. She's thin, but just looking at her legs, you can tell she's not extremely underweight/emaciated as Satya is. Her legs look healthy & athletic to me. 80lbs and 5'6" is quite emaciated - it's about 40lbs underweight. (Seriously, there are pro-anorexia/pro-bulimia websites where girls post things like "74 lbs is the perfect weight" with pictures & they look like they just walked out of Auschwitz- they're that skeletal and I doubt most of them are as tall as Satya but hovering around 80lbs. Google it only if you're prepared to see some shocking stuff.) That woman dancing in the back is thin but not emaciated no way does she only weigh 80lbs. Although, perhaps it's an old video....but I don't think the face looks quite right either.

The only info seems to be that one short one. If her family is finally looking for help...who are they? And why don't they give more information ?

I am 5'2" and weigh under 100 lbs. Have weighed 85 lbs. And I am skinny (though much older than this girl)

I don't know how much family she has or how often they were in contact with her, however, it is curious that they didn't reach out for Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Years. It might have been better for people's memory to have been asked about events closer to the 11/17 last sighting. jmo

What the heck is going on here? One itty bitty little article MONTHS after she disappeared? I have to be missing something somewhere.

Where did she live?

Who reported her missing? Or was it reported when her car was found?

What's with the emaciated body and young look? Eating disorder? Some other medical condition?

Did she work? Go to school? Have nearby family?

RSBM

A picture of Satya from fhc's link above:

KUFzOmc.jpg

Continued prayers for Satya. :please:

This is driving me absolutely nuts. I can not find anything about this girl (re:being missing or otherwise). You know it's bad news when Websleuths is the first site that pops up in google. I've spent a good hour looking through as much as I can...nothing.

Pretty sure this is her facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000028588100

I see a couple of common friends between the myspace page and the facebook page, so that's a match. And I'm pretty sure it's her, since on the myspace page there are the vegan references. It also says "Who I'd like to meet: anam cara"

from wikipedia: Anam cara is an Irish language term meaning "spiritual advisor." The term was greatly popularized by John O'Donohue's 1997 bestselling work of the same name, Anam Cara. As O'Donohue puts it: The term is greatly misconstrued to mean soul mate, anam meaning soul and cara meaning friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back