Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

this just struck me.....can you imagine after killing TA in the manner JA did and driving to UT to meet Ryan and as soon as they leave Ryan's house (headed for a meeting less than a mile away) you are stopped by a policeman?? any normal person would be a FREAKING basket case (we know it was for upside down license plate) but JA had no idea why she was being stopped....it could have been for killing TA...once detectives found out she had been involved in TAs murder and that she had been stopped in UT and she id not react in he least they knew right then she was cold as ice

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to meanddblj For This Useful Post:

Re: 5 gallon Kerosene Can

Don't know if this is like the one JA purchased,
    but it is the only one available at Walmart.

Blitz Usa 81017 2+ Carb/Epa Kerosene Can Envfl - Each
    In stores only

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...false&ic=32_64
    IMO � Bali Suitcase Murder Timeline: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post10883063

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    What exactly is Occams Razor?
    Occams Razor:
    The simplest explanation is usually the right one. Detectives use it to deduce who's the likeliest suspect in a murder case -- you know, the butler did it. Doctors *use it to determine the illness behind a set of symptoms.

This line of reasoning is called Occam's razor. It's used in a wide variety of ways throughout the world as a means to slice through a problem or situation and eliminate unnecessary elements. But what we call the razor is a little different than what its author originally wrote. There are two parts that are considered the basis of Occam's razor, and they were originally written in Latin:
    •The Principle of Plurality - Plurality should not be posited without necessity
    •The Principle of Parsimony - It is pointless to do with more what is done with less

Taken together, they represent the basis of humanity's investigation into the universe, and the way we see our environment is largely based upon Occam's razor. There's no telling what kind of world we would live in today without Occam's razor.
    Last edited by Furiously_Following; 03-09-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Quoted from "How Stuff Works"

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Furiously_Following For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by meanddblj View Post
    this just struck me.....can you imagine after killing TA in the manner JA did and driving to UT to meet Ryan and as soon as they leave Ryan's house (headed for a meeting less than a mile away) you are stopped by a policeman?? any normal person would be a FREAKING basket case (we know it was for upside down license plate) but JA had no idea why she was being stopped....it could have been for killing TA...once detectives found out she had been involved in TAs murder and that she had been stopped in UT and she id not react in he least they knew right then she was cold as ice
    Yeah, I've thought about that before, but why do you think she didn't react? Was there testimony to that?

Dahmer described this very thing, just after he had dismembered his first victim. He was pulled over with the garbage bags in the car and calmly lied to police about their contents. Amazing how stealth a lunatic can be under pressure.
    There is a price to be paid for dreaming...

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Angelina Frost For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    Is there a place to read her journal in full & the text megs in full-TIA
    I 've only seen half pgs
    Sadly, no

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil_buddy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunvirtual View Post
    I would think simply adding bleach to that load shows she was deliberatly trying to destroy evidence. Therefore she was not in a fog.
    The day I was there, Nurmi had a forensics witness pull all of the items from the bleached load out of the evidence bag one by one. The point was to show that all of the clothes in that load didn't have signs of having been bleached. So I don't think it's been proven that she added bleach to the load because there was some stuff, dark socks in particular, that didn't have any bleaching on them. I don't think it matters much, though, since she obviously tried to cover up her involvement in many, many other ways.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

In a perpetual fog after watching the Jodi Arias trial for five months
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuby View Post
    I'm against it. These people aren't qualified investigators/interrogators. As much as I LOVE the skank question (and I truly do) I think it's kind of outrageous for a juror to be taunting a defendant in the middle of a trial. Not to mention it has the capacity to prejudice other jurors before they commence deliberations.
    I'm not sure if the juror was actually taunting the defendant. I think maybe the juror just wanted to hear from JA what that term meant to her, so that perhaps they could weigh why JA would consider that abusive.

I'm sure if the judge had any doubt about why the question was asked, she would have disallowed it. Plus, I can't see the judge wanting to even ASK that if she didn't have to .
    “I can honestly say that I awake every single day happy. I am motivated by it. To make it a better day than the last. To go to bed better than I wake up, and to get up and do it again the next day. I feel as if it is the way to live. To have purpose. To have righteous desire to make this world a better place because you are in it." - Travis Alexander

"Death comes to the innocent and it comes to the guilty. Death is the irreducible common denominator of all men."
    - Martin Luther King, Jr., Eulogy for the Martyred Children

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PrincessSezMe For This Useful Post:

ABOUT JUAN

A good lawyer usualy won't ask questions to a witness that he already does not know the answers to.
    Lawyers that are good like to play with defendant to never let them settle on a paticular thought.That way the defendant has a harder time figuring out exactly where the lawyer is going with a line of questioning.
    Juan knows exactly what hes doing and at key times in the trial he will throw something at the defendant and their defence team that will give them something to think about over the weekend.
    As Juan is sitting in court he has a team of helpers with the case that goes through everything with a fine tooth comb.
    These case helpers have been doing this for sometime already,checking bank statements,times of event,emails, texts,transaction reciepts, mileage,and hundreds of other things we the public haven't even thought of.
    I'm sure Juan will be saving the best proof for last(just before closing arguments)to make sure the jury knows before they deliberate that the murder was premeditated with out any doubt.
    Murder cases are like playing poker and you don't show your opposition your hand until the very end.

Personaly I think Juan is doing a good job and I do believe he will spring his trap in due time,He still has the door wide open to bring up most anything he wants.
    Remember he has his own team that work behind the scenes.
    I also think premeditation will be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Our little Jodi will get what she deserves( If I did it I would beg for the death penalty).

Sorry if this has already been posted. Seems JA has a protégé!

http://bethlehem.patch.com/articles/...eat-police-say
    This is my opinion and my opinion only. I welcome all views and debates from any and all positions! To treat you with respect shows that I respect myself!

Dear Caylee,
    I am so sorry that this earthbound effort to win justice for you failed so badly. But know we will NEVER forget you and never stop praying for the Universe to set this right for you. Rest In Peace Precious Little One

Justice For Travis Alexander and Family!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeachGirlFromPA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    This is a question I would like to hear the jury ask this creature:

Can you explain how a supposed homosexual pedophile would want to have a threesome with 2 adult women? And, you being one of those adult women, who stated that you "wouldn't necessarily say no to it?"

(que the Jeopardy music)
    I'll take Total BS for 500 Alex.

let's not forget that all these photos had been deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    ATL, I'm not the OP but I agree that there is ONE photo that definately looks as if the flash was used while the others don't. It's the last photo of Travis sitting in the shower where he is facing the camera. The next photo taken was the one that shows his body sitting in the shower without showing his head, and the shower door was open for THIS photo where it was closed for all of the other photos. I think that Jodi used the flash for that full on face photo to "blind" Travis long enough to stab him in the chest.

MOO
    They were then sent through a washing machine cycle and could only be extracted by forensics. Frankly, I shocked they look as good as they do.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KandyKane For This Useful Post:

Gas cans

1. She originally testified she bought extra gas because the prices were too high in CA.

2. The she says she brought extra gas because she has never driven down the I-15.

Which one is it Jodi??!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ElleElle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sydni View Post
    I "think" I like the idea ... but am somewhat concerned that there is no "cut-off" point ....how long should they be able to go on ... and on ... and on ... and still get no answers. I guess because it is a DP case, they have to the let the jury get all of their questions in. They seem somewhat repetitive though ... The thing that I DO like about it is that the lawyers are able to follow up on the questions from the jury ... so (in a way) there is more "direct examination" and "cross examination". I think it's a good system (jury questions), but I'm thinking it should maybe be a one-step system ... and maybe not adding more questions after the original questions. I have to think on it some more ... I guess generally speaking, I like the idea ... Have I confused you ... cuz I've confused myself
    I feel exactly the same way. Will this trial ever end? What I do like though is the jury can ask her just about anything, where JM's hands are kind of tied (no pun intended)
    They HAVE to be sick of listening to her never ending answers after 17 days plus she is a pathalogical liar, why in the world would they want to ask her anything? I just don't get it And I keep thinking with them asking her questions, and with her answering them~ Could they possibly being unintentionally forming some kind of bond that will make it harder for them to give her the DP? Just thoughts ~
    Please feel free anyone to help me de-edify my thoughts

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dmacky For This Useful Post:

OOPS! My explanation of Occam's Razor was overly redundant--sorry--just saw the answers/responses clearing this up.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Furiously_Following For This Useful Post:

If I could be a juror, I would ask one question:

"In hindsight, if you had known that Mimi Hall was not romantically interested in Travis, and told him so, would Travis still be alive today?"

Quote Originally Posted by perfectvirgo View Post
    By JA's convenient 'aproxi-clock' it was light and she had lunch with RB. When pressed IIRC she wouldn't narrow further than between 10am amd 2pm for lunch.
    BBM: love THAT!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LizardQueen74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Furiously_Following View Post
    OOPS! My explanation of Occam's Razor was overly redundant--sorry--just saw the answers/responses clearing this up.

Don't be sorry, redundant responses happen all the time. Can't be helped. Either that, or it seems like not one person responds.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly Squirrel View Post
    I'm undecided on which was the first stab. I do agree she attacked his back at the sink and maybe down the hall, but I think she could have attacked his back in more than one location, including in the shower.

Though I also think it's also possible by just using the element of surprise she may have been able to get to his chest even if he were looking.
    Most of the stab wounds in the back were very close together in a tight pattern with the weapon in similar positions/angles for each of the wounds.

She undoubtedly inflicted these very quickly, "contemporaneous" with each other. They happened in one location and in only a few seconds, while he was stationary.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelina Frost View Post
    Good point.

Seems more palatable for a woman do deliver that stuff, rather than a DA who specializes in sex crimes. Not sure if the jury was able to do any recon on him, but it would seem to exponentially up the creep factor if the jury is listening to Nurmi ask indelicate questions, rather than Wilmott.
    I agree, but after all, Nurmi is the sex expert. Willmott may be uncomfortable with this line of questioning. AND don't forget, this is free advertising for Nurmi in his private practice. "Nurmi Knows Sex"!

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zuri For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Furiously_Following View Post
    Occams Razor:
    The simplest explanation is usually the right one. Detectives use it to deduce who's the likeliest suspect in a murder case -- you know, the butler did it. Doctors *use it to determine the illness behind a set of symptoms.

This line of reasoning is called Occam's razor. It's used in a wide variety of ways throughout the world as a means to slice through a problem or situation and eliminate unnecessary elements. But what we call the razor is a little different than what its author originally wrote. There are two parts that are considered the basis of Occam's razor, and they were originally written in Latin:
    •The Principle of Plurality - Plurality should not be posited without necessity
    •The Principle of Parsimony - It is pointless to do with more what is done with less

Taken together, they represent the basis of humanity's investigation into the universe, and the way we see our environment is largely based upon Occam's razor. There's no telling what kind of world we would live in today without Occam's razor.
    Adding that stated another way:
    Occam's razor "states that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor"]Occam's razor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The idea that JA planted the memory card in the camera with old pictures and that JA & TA did not have sex on 6/4/2008, imho, is not in accordance with Occam's razor.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lil_buddy For This Useful Post:

THESE ARE men....I highly doubt they spent much time at the kitchen sink OR searching out smells. One roommate said he did notice a funky smell...think of it this way, you just moved into another person's personal home & you rent a room how deep are you going to dig into their stuff? They thought he was out of town. They had no idea he was dead! Maybe since Travis was gone they thought the dog had "stunk" the place up. Men this age are focused on working, sleeping and gfs and avoid smells b/c they may have to clean something LOL. Read Det Flores' report it helps put their actions in place....maybe odd for some of us to understand but if you ever had a roommate easy to understand based on my former roommates
    As a man's man who just finished cleaning the kitchen drainboard before it got funky, I resent that remark. What are you implying?

You have to keep in mind that people get used to incrementally worsening smells. It's the olfactory equivalent of boiling a frog by turning the heat up slowly. Also, when I lived in Arizona in the 90s we always had the A/C on in June. When I lived in Golden Valley we had a swamp cooler and in Bullhead City just a plain old air conditioner. That will damp down smells. Plus, when people came into the house and there was an overpowering smell, that is after people had been to the upstairs, opened doors and began stirring the air. Before that the smell might have been contained to the upstairs bedroom area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmacky View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. Will this trial ever end? What I do like though is the jury can ask her just about anything, where JM's hands are kind of tied (no pun intended)
    They HAVE to be sick of listening to her never ending answers after 17 days plus she is a pathalogical liar, why in the world would they want to ask her anything? I just don't get it And I keep thinking with them asking her questions, and with her answering them~ Could they possibly being unintentionally forming some kind of bond that will make it harder for them to give her the DP? Just thoughts ~
    Please feel free anyone to help me de-edify my thoughts
    i can't help with you de-edification, but what i wonder is how many of them haven't asked her ANYTHING.

41. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kscornfed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelina Frost View Post
    Good point.

Seems more palatable for a woman do deliver that stuff, rather than a DA who specializes in sex crimes. Not sure if the jury was able to do any recon on him, but it would seem to exponentially up the creep factor if the jury is listening to Nurmi ask indelicate questions, rather than Wilmott.
    I'm guessing the Nurmi/sex crimes end would be to focus on Travis as a pedo. JMO

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myvice For This Useful Post:

Cold as Ice. I thought it was telling when she testified (juror question) that one reason she had to grind and adjust Ryan is because they had planned to do romantic type things and she didn't want to show up and be an "Ice Queen". Of course a few minutes after that another question was if she "was in the fog" when she was visiting Ryan and she says Yes!
    Texas BBQ

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TexMex For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast