997 users online (146 members and 851 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Laurie Boncimino, 20, Buffalo Grove, March 2005

This pretty young lady has been missing since Wednesday.
    www.laurieboncimino.com
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 03-04-2005 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Oh dear. This doesn't sound good.
    Vehicle, cell phone, jacket, shoes, car keys found.
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 03-05-2005 at 08:34 AM. Reason: link requires subscription--deleted it

Why can't I find anything more about this girl? What is the latest?

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthin4fun
    Why can't I find anything more about this girl? What is the latest?
    Here's an article from today. Lots of new details - apparently her fiance was the last to see her, and although the news is reporting she made no cell calls after she was last seen, he's stating she text messaged him late that afternoon.

Hm.

Also, sad reports of a body being spotted in the lake, that they're searching for today.

http://www.dailyherald.com/search/ma...intID=38416307

A statement from the family

"The family of Laurie Boncimino has learned new information concerning Laurie, and we would like to use this opportunity to share that information with the people who have been so supportive of us over the past two days.

Early this morning (Saturday, March 5th), Buffalo Grove Police shared with us a letter that Laurie had left in her Jeep on Wednesday. The letter provides clear and definitive evidence that Laurie has chosen to take her own life. This afternoon (Sat, March 5th), the police shared with us the information that Laurie’s body has now been located. Chicago Police have removed her body from Lake Michigan, near where her Jeep and personal items were discovered. There is no evidence of any foul play; this decision appears to have been made by Laurie alone.

We as a family now need to draw upon the strength of our friends, our community, and most importantly, our God, as we start to navigate the hours, days, and weeks ahead. We know that the immediate future will be difficult, but we will trust in our faith as our bedrock to see us through.

We don’t have any details at this time regarding a memorial service or further plans. Instead, we ask that everyone simply gather together with loved ones for comfort. Laurie’s life was a gift to all of us; we are thankful for every moment.

We have been able to read every email sent to our website, and the encouragement provided has been so valuable. Please feel free to continue sending email to laurieboncimino@laurieboncimino.com

In faith and in hope,
    The family of Laurie Boncimino"

My thoughts and prayers are with this incredible family.
    Much love in Christ Jesus, Lanie

How sad. This does not look good.

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthin4fun
    How sad. This does not look good.
    I think we were posting at the same time, sleuthin.

Laurie has committed suicide. She has been found.

Please continue to lift this family in prayer, as they need our support now.

Blessings, Lanie

If people who commit suidice would just stop and think of the pain and anguish it causes for those they love, I believe they would not do it. I know that sounds simplistic and mental illness could be involved but problems are temporary and can be worked through. I hope her family is ok

what a beautiful girl, and what a very, very sad story.

I searched on the web under her name and found things about her unrelated to her disappearance - she was chosen to speak at this upcoming May's graduation ceremony, and had some other really wonderful things going on.

What a loss this is to so many.

This is so awful. I can not imagine the pain this family must be going through. She appeared to be such a happy young lady. What a tremendous loss... My prayers tonight are with Laurie and her family.

Oh no! What a heartbreaker. I've just returned from a wedding, was thinking of her, and hoping for good news-- or no news. Understanding this is incomprehensible, so I will continue just praying for her, and her loved ones.

From Laurie's family

Wake
    A wake and viewing reception in honor of Laurie Boncimino was held Thursday, March 10, 2005, on the campus of Willow Creek Community Church. In short, the outpouring of love and support displayed throughout the evening was unbelievable. So many friends, family, and coworkers came that the reception had be extended from four hours to seven so that every single well-wisher could pay their respects and greet the family. The reception ended shortly after midnight. At one point, the wait time to meet with Laurie’s family was over three hours. An estimated 1,000 people were able to share in this most difficult time.

Even a three-hour wait did not deter most from gladly standing by. We, as the family of Laurie, are simply stunned by this show of support. Although we knew that Laurie’s life had an impact on many, we had no idea that the magnitude of this impact would be so great. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and memories with us.

We are also so grateful for the efforts of many friends and family in making this reception an unforgettable memory. Thank you for the videos, the photo boards, the guitar playing, the food, the note card stations, the traffic control, the Kleenex, and your patience. We are sincerely thankful.

For those who were unable to wait through the whole line due to other commitments, thank you so much for just being there. We wish we had the opportunity to meet, and we apologize for the wait. Please feel free to communicate with us through the website email address laurieboncimino@laurieboncimino.com we are reading every email sent.

Comforting prayers to all who loved and miss Laurie.
    In Christ's love, Lanie

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

So Sad!

This is just so sad.

I WILL be remembering them in prayer.
    What a long and lonely road ahead for them...
    Prayers for their peace, strength, comfort, and courage.

Much love,

Ariel

This is very sad.
    It's so sad to think that she felt she had no other option...

Prayers for her family.

Such a beautiful girl with so much going for her...so much to look forward to...I hope one day the reasons for this, why Laurie felt she had to do such a thing, will be known to her loved ones. God bless them all and God bless Laurie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast