Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Oh moderators I got a pop up message about my post sorry! You don't have to post.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDawnn View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think he's awesome. The way the shadow boxes with her is amazing because she never knows where he's going to end up
    but............I think he might be losing a few people along the way. I know I get confused and I know or at least hope he's on a mission and will bring it all together.
    So that's what I'm saying, I think he needs to start pulling in the lines a bit. That's just my opinion.

Is it true that there's no court Mon and Tue due to some juror having something else to do those days? Someone scheduled something they couldn't get out of?
    At first there was no court because of other duties. Those were cleared but the jurors had made other plans and I don't blame them.

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

Grrrrrrr, my iPad won't reconnect to the radio show tonight. I hope I get to hear the replay.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KarmicLaw For This Useful Post:

Hey guys...was talking a little to my hubby about the case. He brought up a question I couldn't answer.

I thought that the FB message that TA sent to JA was inadmissible due to hearsay bc the sender couldn't be questioned by the defense. If that's the case, then how are the text messages allowed?

Also, I only just yesterday watched RB on the stand and noticed that JM was en fuego about only the RB side of the texts being available...none of Jodi's responses were included. How was that?!

TIA

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LizardQueen74 For This Useful Post:

Don't get me wrong, I think he's awesome. The way the shadow boxes with her is amazing because she never knows where he's going to end up
    but............I think he might be losing a few people along the way. I know I get confused and I know or at least hope he's on a mission and will bring it all together.
    So that's what I'm saying, I think he needs to start pulling in the lines a bit. That's just my opinion.

Is it true that there's no court Mon and Tue due to some juror having something else to do those days? Someone scheduled something they couldn't get out of?
    I think mr defence has lost the jury long ago. With all the sex sex sex and more sex!
    I think juan is acting like that. For a a reason ! maybe To catch them totally off guard. He's been doing this for years.
    Kind of like Colombo use to do haha! Remember him?
    I total faith in juan! I am curious if he's ever tried any other cases with nurmi!
    Or this judge. I used to get so annoyed at the judge for allowing JA to disrespect mr Martinez, and essentially flipping the finger to authority. I now think it was a good thing! The jury got to see her demeanour! Her different personalities! With nurmi she's very detailed! Respectful! With juan she's combative! Rude! Confrontational! And goes back into her fognesia.
    The jury was able to see the possibility ! Of her involvement! Day after day after day! From nice to mean to crying to combative! Lying. Even to the very jury that will decide her fate.

I want justice for travis
    I want his reputation restored!
    I never much cared for the death penalty before! But I think in this case! I wouldn't have a problem with it. It was made for cases like this!
    If she gets. The death penalty someone should holler
    Say cheese.

Thanks for listening
    Last edited by katiedid2; 03-10-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nali87 View Post
    Rewatching the trial dates and especially the telephone calls between Jodi and detective Flores. This woman is a cold blooded kiler. She needs to be found guilty, she just has to. She's talking about his will! And about his car collecting dust. SMDH.

Jodi Arias - Police Phone Interviews June 10, 21 (vm) & 25, 2008 - YouTube
    Tanisha wanted to strangle her at 1:08:43
    OMG, the callousness of this killer! It's been so long since I've heard the interview tapes - it just opens up old wounds. She's telling Det. Flores that Travis would give anyone his 'last dollar' and she follows it up by saying he gave her his banking pin # !!! Who else would be so trusting? Someone upthread said he never even cashed the first check she gave him for the BMW! The coup d'etat was when she had the gall to call the Executor of his Estate re the loan....after she had just murdered him! For these actions alone, she deserves the DP...10x over!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    I know and it is very confusing and probably confuses the jury too. The only thing I can figure is she arrived at his house totally surprising him. I dont believe for 1 minute he knew she was coming over.

By then, he knew she was an evil and scary person. I think he was kind of scared of her by then and maybe he thought if had sex with her and to go along with her to some extent, he could just get her to leave peacefully.

It is very confusing. I dont know why he would just not try to throw her out immediately. Maybe he always had this way of dealing with her. Kind of go along with her and of course have sex and then maybe he hoped he could get her to leave on somewhat of a good note.

Some people think she had him at gunpoint the whole day.
    Somebody else suggested a few days ago (can't remember who, very embarrassing, Jodi's fog is affecting me) this scenario:

Jodi calls Travis from the road several times. Leaves him a message that she wants to apologize for whatever it is that she did that prompted the 5/26 email. He finally calls her back, the argue about it a little, and finally, because he is a nice guy, he agrees she can stop by. She arrives and apologizes, says she knows they can never be bf/gf again, but she hopes they can be friends. Blah, blah, blah. He is a forgiving kind of person and finally says okay. Big hug. Big hug turns into one more roll in the hay for old times sake (we know she has done this with previous boyfriends). Then she kills him.
    We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Where is Po Han Lee? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=242404

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to G&AMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    BBM: Juan is doing an amazing job! His "game" has been stepped up since day one. The job he is doing, is reflected in the jury questions. They DO NOT believe JA and are certainly on Juan's (Travis's) side. He needs to keep doing what he feels needs to be done, to get a guilty verdict. Mr. Martinez is a seasoned prosecutor, he knows what he is doing.
    How could they not be on his side. He's got a tape of her lying her a** off to Flores and ANOTHER tape of her lying her a** off on national television and PICTURES of her at the scene dragging the freaking dead body. This case is a prosecutor's w** dream. My only hope continues to be that his demeanor doesn't screw it up.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sedonia Sunset View Post
    <modsnip>

I hope whoever got the car after her at some point checked the undercarriage for blood. She strikes me as someone who would run into/over someone while in a rage and keep right on going as long as she thought no one saw her do it.
    Well, Jodi would say, if she did run over somebody in a hit 'n run, she would wash the underside of the car wearing plenty of gloves. Ha, you know her, she'd remember the sound the body made, but then the fog would roll in.

Yes, yes, yes, she would not tell anybody about any crime she committed without being forced to, then she'd find a way to blame that person for walking on the street.
    Last edited by JBean; 03-11-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: fix quote

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KarmicLaw View Post
    Grrrrrrr, my iPad won't reconnect to the radio show tonight. I hope I get to hear the replay.

I had trouble tonite too... I am using a MacBook

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cubbeegirl For This Useful Post:

I've finally started watching the 48 Hours JA episode. Wow. She comes across as a very pathetic, ineffectual loser. She's a major creeper and even TA's friends pointed out their discomfort with her and didn't want her around their kids. She's a total hanger-on trying to fit in imo. Ridiculous.
    Justice for GEORGE!

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cubbeegirl View Post
    I had trouble tonite too... I am using a MacBook
    I have a plain old Dell...I had trouble too!

Kelly

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momof7 View Post
    I have a plain old Dell...I had trouble too!

Kelly

Sorry yall had trouble...but its helpful to know... I did nothing different than I did last week...

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cubbeegirl For This Useful Post:

atthelake is offline Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!
    Sorry yall had trouble...but its helpful to know... I did nothing different than I did last week...
    Calling in is always a good alternate assuming you have free calling minutes.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Walking On Ice.....but it's a glacier!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Yes, for me it could be my old computer! It kept going stopping and starting for me.

Kelly

27. The Following User Says Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Just because some trial watchers have gotten a little lost at times, doesn't mean the jury is lost. Did you hear their questions and follow ups? They GET IT! Juan is going to continue to destroy her on the stand, then destroy her "experts"! There is NO doubt Juan is on a mission to get a guilty verdict, hopefully the death penalty, but most important, justice for Travis and his family. This isn't a game for him, this is what he does for a living and he's VERY successful for a reason, he's good at his job. JA has pinned herself down to these ridiculous stories, all of which have been destroyed on direct, cross and now by the jury. At the end of the day, Juan will get a guilty verdict. I have zero doubt.
    "It's like a field of lies that have sprouted around her, as she sat on that witness stand" - Juan Martinez - closing arguments 5/1/13

I turned my tv on at 9 to watch TWD. I am crazily moving the remote around trying to find the thingy to make the picture fullscreen!! LMAO It is already a big screen tv! I need a life outside of court online. lol

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    I turned my tv on at 9 to watch TWD. I am crazily moving the remote around trying to find the thingy to make the picture fullscreen!! LMAO It is already a big screen tv! I need a life outside of court online. lol
    Hehe....that is too funny ! My boyfriend definitely wants her convicted pronto..haha he is sick of it ...

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cubbeegirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ron351ne View Post
    At one point she said on the stand that she was board a lot on the trip so made a lot of calls.
    If she really thought she didn’t have a charger wouldn’t she be trying to save her battery life for emergencies?
    Jodi never misplaced or lost her charger. She made that up to explain why cell phone was off in Arizona. She made up almost her entire testiphony. She had at least 3 plus years in jail to work on this one to fit the forensics, even though it DOESN'T fit very well.
    Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger now.
    Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    How could they not be on his side. He's got a tape of her lying her a** off to Flores and ANOTHER tape of her lying her a** off on national television and PICTURES of her at the scene dragging the freaking dead body. This case is a prosecutor's w** dream. My only hope continues to be that his demeanor doesn't screw it up.
    BBM: It hasn't so far. His demeanor is fine. It's obvious by the jury questions. You have been questioning him from the start. I, for the life of me, can't understand your negativity towards Mr. Martinez. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This case was investigated and is being prosecuted by the very best. This case wasn't handed to Mr. Martinez, signed, sealed and delivered. Funny how people knocked the investigation, believed the abuse etc.., and now it's a prosector's DREAM case. LOL. This case began with a great investigative team, amazing forensic team, and will end with the talented prosecutor doing what he does best, getting justice for victims of crimes. Juan is bringing it home for Travis!
    "It's like a field of lies that have sprouted around her, as she sat on that witness stand" - Juan Martinez - closing arguments 5/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    In my notes, MattM (possibly his roommate too) and JA went out in Santa Cruz CA. No confirmation but ... I wonder if MattM's "The Red Room" or "karaoke bar" is PaulS' "bar/grill/restaurant"?:

6/2; evening Santa Cruz CA Visit w/MattMcC; went out to The Red Room then to karaoke bar; spent night at Matt's

6/2 PaulS, friend from bar/grill/restaurant, said he loaned JA money; said she was frantic, had to go back and see TA; he said she paid him back at a later date; "Well, the day before she left, she was pretty frantic that she had to go back and see Travis, and she talked about how he was seeing other people and she asked to borrow money and I gave her money."

Gus was in Santa Cruz on 6/3/08 for a business briefing. 6/2/08 shows "out of town" (from his home in Yorba Linda)... "all day blocked". Possibly that was the reason for her going to Santa Cruz, and not a bar, unless she met him there. Intersting, as Yorba Linda is apprx. a 5 3/4 hour drive up to Santa Cruz. Maybe nothing, maybe something.. who knows with all the players.

36. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Caylee Advocate For This Useful Post:

I mentioned this last night but didn't get any response....what kind of knives where found in "escape" car along with the 9mm, books and misc stuff. Were they kitchen knifes or hunting knives.....where did she get them? Who helped her pick out the 9mm gun?

Her name is Vegas. She killed her ex too.

It's really so hard to understand why these young women throw away the rest of their lives to kill some ex. Wrong thinking before they even started dating that person, IMO.

Someone posted this other case that recently happened in San Diego. Thank You whoever posted it. This woman, Vegas, was a stalker who couldn't get over her ex either.

"they heard seven to 10 gunshots coming from one unit."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz2NC1blfYz

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    BBM: It hasn't so far. His demeanor is fine. It's obvious by the jury questions. You have been questioning him from the start. I, for the life of me, can't understand your negativity towards Mr. Martinez. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This case was investigated and is being prosecuted by the very best. This case wasn't handed to Mr. Martinez, signed, sealed and delivered. Funny how people knocked the investigation, believed the abuse etc.., and now it's a prosector's DREAM case. LOL. This case began with a great investigative team, amazing forensic team, and will end with the talented prosecutor doing what he does best, getting justice for victims of crimes. Juan is bringing it home for Travis!
    Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that Juan's case is a slam dunk for lwop at least, and that his demeanor might compromise that. Love him if you (general you) must

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    I love it!!

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dum-Dum Sucker For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast