Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Worry Wart View Post
    A passport has to be renewed every 10 years. If she has one now it would be interesting to know when that happened. Could be the reason Nurmi brushed by it so quickly!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Walking On Ice.....but it's a glacier!

JMO
    I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.
    I totally agree.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to westies4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by robc View Post
    I just listened to DBs cross again. JM pretty much says that MM was with Jodi when she stopped at his house to pick up the gas cans. DB denies seeing him. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am she wasn't alone. after all, there were "2 ninjas."

why the hell did she badger DB about borrowing his gas cans? why didn't she just go buy 3 cans at walmart with cash for $36? Or have someone else buy them for her? Why did she need to make this connection with DB to do this?

DB's testimony is interesting.
    My thought is she sold him the DVD player from her grandparents' house. She needed the cash and played the "Poor me. I have no money and I need cash for my trip" card.

And maybe she thought he had more than two cans? She needed another to actually get to a full tank.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpio24 For This Useful Post:

JMO
    I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.
    I totally agree.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to westies4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    I do not recall that at all. Do you have a link. What testimony?

I'm so sorry - I don't. I just remember catching the "we" myself and wondering about it at the time, only to hear her say at some point "my sister".

Who leaked the juror list?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nosey Parker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dmacky View Post
    Darryl Brewer should be thanking his lucky stars!
    I REST MY CASE
    Why do you think he was reluctant to divulge the truth regarding her request, in May of 2008, for two gas cans to travel to Mesa, AZ?

Does that say more about him, or her?

(Once again I see and hear the premeditation duck quacking. )

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    I always wondered if she was dressed as a "ninja" at first, or at least had her face covered initially. I always thought he looked confused or frightened in the picture of him looking at the camera in the shower and wondered if she presented with a mask on and then pulled it off just before attacking him.

Poor Travis. I hate her.
    I don't believe he was taking a real shower. There isn't a single photo of him with a bar of soap or washing his body in the more than 8 minutes he was in the shower. They are posed, staged, and, I feel, taken under duress.

When Detective Flores asked her if the shower door was open, she acknowledged it was open and said "the water pressure wasn't that great so it's not like water would go everywhere." It's at the 18:51 mark in DL's JA police interrogation video.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Allyne Smithe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabella View Post
    For thise of us living on the east coast what time will the trial start on wednesday?
    1:30 on the east coast

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmacky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    While I was needling regarding JA's characterizations of DB as an alcoholic chimney, the reason I beg to differ has to do with his testimony, which was initially reluctant and less than forthcoming.

I recall distinctly on Day 10, after her mentor, Gus Searcy testified, that DB first denied recalling JA's telephonic gas can request --even under oath -- until continuing to be pressed by JM.

http://youtu.be/soNJs_9FCPY?t=1h33m48s

For context, start at the 1:33:00 point in the clip.

This was, of course, after JA had brutally stabbed, sliced, and shot Travis Alexander, and DB was rather reluctant to openly testify that JA had called him in May of 2008 to ask him for a favor. In fact, he was a Defense witness.

When JM first questions DB about whether he remembers the phone call asking for the favor, DB answers, "No."

Then JM gets more specific. He asks whether DB remembers JA calling to ask to borrow two gas cans so that she could make a trip to Mesa, Arizona, and whether DB remembers that.

There is a rather long, awkward and very pregnant pause of nearly six seconds before DB barely whispers, "Yes."

You could almost hear everyone in that courtroom gasp when it happened.

And I rest my case regarding DB's allegiance to the lying torture-murderess.
    Oh, thank you for that!! I hadn't listened to DB's testimony before .. his voice gets quite creaky when he says that, very end of MAY 2008 .. so much premeditation here.
    It's always the guy in the white van.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

OT: My style, since we went there on this thread: Hyun Bin

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Arishia For This Useful Post:

I have been thinking about Travis's roommates and how JA knew when they would be gone or were gone. I remember JA saying she asked TA if they were alone as if they were home then they needed to be "quieter". (Which I highly doubt was the case.) Was TA's bedroom on the front of the house or the back?
    I suppose she could have been glancing out the window making sure the cars were gone but still very risky that someone would hear, including neighbors. The houses aren't that far apart but with the weather being so hot everyone's windows would have likely been closed. It is pretty scary to think that someone can be murdered, especially when most people are awake, and no one heard anything? JA said in her police interview about the ninjas, that Travis was screaming and screaming. If he was spitting/coughing up blood with the chest wound first, would he even be able to scream?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

perfectvirgo is offline a man of many parts... some of them still working
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    Here is my question:

Is there any logical reason why she refilled the 3 gas cans in Salt Lake City if she was not driving through Arizona on her trip home? I first assumed it was to remain "off the grid" in terms of purchases in Arizona on the trip back but she didn't go that way.

Do you think she filled those gas cans in SLC to further corroborate her story about filling the gas cans to avoid spending more money on higher priced gas in California? I assume she had burned all her evidence by that point, so she didn't need the full gas cans anymore...
    I believe she filled them to avoid paying higher Californian prices... what a stinking final indignity to poor Travis. Thankfully the cheapskate used the denied third can and that allowed JM to show the jury proof she lied to hide premeditation.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to perfectvirgo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pinkie60 View Post
    i thought i heard the roomate didn't leave until 3pm??
    He left that house that morning to pick up his girlfriend, drop off his rental car and pick up his car from repair shop. He thought he left at 11:30am. He returned to the house at 3pm was there for about an hour and left at 4pm. This from Flores report.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ClosArgs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SunDawnn View Post
    I don't know if it was a debit or credit card but I do know, when you rent a car, the establishment (Budget in this case) puts a hold on several hundred dollars.

It used to be you couldn't rent a car using a debit card (because you can deplete your account before you return the car which means, no collateral for the company) but now that most people only have debit cards, they are able to authorize and put a freeze on a few hundred dollars until you return the car.

What difference does it make? I lost your point! Thanks!
    My point was if it was a debit card, that money would need to be in her account. At the time.

With a credit card there may be a hold on the amount, but it would not reflect on a wamu statement so quickly, prior to her gas charges in Salt Lake City.

just thinking the 400 dollar deposit ws to cover her debit card rental transaction... she would not have had to transfer 400 dollars to cover a Credit card. just trying to better understand the 400 dollar deposit.

Eta change the word debit to credit
    Last edited by atthelake; 03-10-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Walking On Ice.....but it's a glacier!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

You know, I felt the same way you do now about the rabbit holes Juan followed her in - UNTIL I read Mormon Attorney's (or is it Mormon Lawyer?) post. It TOTALLY changed my mind. If I could bring it over for you, I would - but if someone can confirm the correct poster name, you can just look under her posts to find it.
    It is the most informative, insightful post I've read about the way Juan interacts with Arias. I hope you'll take the time to read it. It's worth every minute you spend reading it, and you may come to feel differently as I have.

ETA - sorry I lost the post this goes to. It was the one questioning Juan's effectiveness. I can't find it now. - post 310
    Last edited by JusticeJunkie; 03-10-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: add post #
    All posts MOO

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JusticeJunkie For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast