LA LA - Robin Gremillion, 26, Baton Rouge, 18 Jan 2000

ktgirl

Verified College Instructor
Reaction score
"On January 18, 2000, Gremillion's body was found floating in the lakes around LSU in the 2500 block of E. Lakeshore Drive in Baton Rouge, La." Gremillion was a white female, age 27.

http://www.crimestoppersbr.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=26311

"Robin Gremillion's body was found floating in the LSU Lakes in 2000. Even though police said she drowned, investigators believe it was a homicide because she was found in only two feet of water. Twelve years later, her killer is still out there."
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=17216217

There doesn't seem to be that much info about her case out there.

In their book "Blood Bath" about serial killer Derrick Todd Lee, authors Mustafa, Clayton, & Israel write that Robin's body was found in City Park lake next to LSU only a few hours after she had died. She was naked. Although none of DTL's other known victims had died from drowning, the authors chose to mention Robin in their book due to DTL's propensity to stalk and kill women around the LSU campus He murdered LSU students Murray Pace, Geralyn DeSoto, and Carrie Yoder; another of his victims, Gina Green, lived close to LSU and close to where Robin was found. It has also been suggested that he may have killed Christine Moore, a LSU student who was abducted from the levee near LSU campus's where she used to jog. I wonder if Robin typically jogged in the area and could have been jogging when she was attacked. I'd also like to know if she lived in the area around LSU.

Please excuse any typos in my posts above as I'm on a tablet.

Ktgirl, I purchased a few articles from The Advocate last year, but I can't quote or link them because they're "for fee". Here are the highlights, fwiw.
Robin Ann Gremillion from Plaquemine, LA, was 26 y.o. when her body was found by a jogger in LSU Lakes on January 18, 2000.

Her identity baffled the authorities for almost a week until her roommate reported to LE that she hadn't seen Robin for several days. The photo she provided matched a sketch of the deceased. LE made contact with her family, and Robin was ID'd by a brother and sister on January 25, 2000.

She was well groomed, wearing nail polish and makeup. There were no external injuries to her body. She was nude, but the coroner couldn't say if she'd been sexually assaulted.

Coroner Cataldie determined she had drowned in the 2-1/2 feet of water where she was found.

She had recently been pregnant. Her family said they were unaware of a pregnancy.

The siblings told LE she had undergone health and financial problems, but was getting back on her feet. The year before her death, she'd worked as a switchboard operator at a car dealership.

She had a seven-year-old son.

Two men who she'd last been seen with were questioned, but no one was arrested.

It ends there. I've been unable to find any further information on Robin Gremillion.

:bump: for Robin and fresh eyes for her case.

Does anyone know what she was doing the last time she was seen?

Im her son. Now 21 years later we still don't know anymore information then we did the day this all happened. The cops have not done anything for us. They have had 2 or 3 new sets of detectives on the case and still nothing.
Hi steven! You're mom and I were best friends growing up and then some. I look for information on her murder every year. I moved from Louisiana and we lost contact. I think of her so often missing out on so much. It saddens me I can't look her up on FB and reconnect, share pics of grandbabies. I've been listening to a retired det podcast his name is Woody Overton. His podcast name is Real Life Real Crime. Soon he's doing a podcast on Derrick lee todd. Since her name is mentioned in his case I'm going to request new eyes to be put on her case. Hopefully maybe they will be interested and take a look. So if you're ever approached by Woody you know why. He recently busted wide open a case in Alexandria where the police just didn't do their job and just didn't care. Now Courtney Coco's murderer will stand trial after 16 years of getting away with it.

Im her son. Now 21 years later we still don't know anymore information then we did the day this all happened. The cops have not done anything for us. They have had 2 or 3 new sets of detectives on the case and still nothing.

I am so sorry for your loss and that you have no answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back