1054 users online (215 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleBelle View Post
    Uuugh, I wish there wasn't a publication ban. There has to be a twitter feed or something from someone in the courtroom who is hearing the testimony.

I'm not getting the point of having this open to the public and media, but a ban on reporting. At some point the info is going to leak, no?
    I don't think I have ever seen informtion leaked from a prelim in Canada. The ban is lifted once the trial has ended, or if it has been deemed that there is insufficient evidence to have a trial.

It is pretty much the norm for the defence team to request a ban during prelim. The ban is put in place so that it doesn't taint the potential jury pool for the trial. It's open to the public and media, because that is also the norm, though anyone attending the prelim cannot post publicly what has occurred during the prelim, or they could see themselves up on charges themselves. HTH

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by italianWSfan View Post
    You mean to put him and what he has done into a better light?
    Is that usual for a defence team to do such things?

Sorry if that is a stupid question, but this is basically the first crime case I follow intensively and I dont really know much about those court procedures...
    The defence team will do anything it has to do to get him acquited. (sp??)

"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit". (From OJ trial!!)
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyzgirl View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen informtion leaked from a prelim in Canada. The ban is lifted once the trial has ended, or if it has been deemed that there is insufficient evidence to have a trial.

It is pretty much the norm for the defence team to request a ban during prelim. The ban is put in place so that it doesn't taint the potential jury pool for the trial. It's open to the public and media, because that is also the norm, though anyone attending the prelim cannot post publicly what has occurred during the prelim, or they could see themselves up on charges themselves. HTH
    Aah, gotcha. Thank you. I guess I just assumed if there was a publication ban the public/media would not be allowed in.

I just remembered how useful Twitter can be for news.

Apparently, Magnotta was seen "dabbing" at his eyes today, as if wiping away tears.

Lightbulb

I wouldn't read too much into the tears thing as of yet. An insider told me it may have just been perspiration that had gotten into the eyes causing that stinging sensation. It's a smaller crowded courtroom that is warm and stuffy.

On another note, with this one lawyer leaving, it's reported Leclair and Pannachio are still there daily. What happened to the third man Jean Dury who was identified in June as the other colleague of Leclair along with Pannachio.

What do you guys think it was that brought Leclair to tears, according to this article? Just over Feldstein having to bow out? I'm surprised a seasoned lawyer such as him would be so emotional.

Lightbulb

I also don't think it was tears from crying. With Spring arriving soon, I'm wiping/dabbing my eyes A LOT due to allergies from the trees, etc. Even when I take my Claritin Allergy morning and night the tearing happens.

And they said he was wearing glasses - well, I also wear glasses which (perhaps) causes tearing to happen more often.

I highly doubt that he is crying about what he's done.

Still wondering about the lawyer and the conflict of interest. Perhaps this lawyer had something to do with him and some crimes in Toronto. Just thinking out loud here............

The hearing has also attracted intense media attention. Law, criminology and journalism students have routinely attended.

One 22-year-old man who described himself as a supporter of Mr. Magnotta has actually driven up from North Carolina to attend the hearing and try to make make contact with the accused.
    Luka Flunkie. JMO

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle9811021/

Witnesses at the hearing Friday morning included a Montreal police homicide detective, the janitor of a Montreal apartment building and an expert in forensic biology and blood-stain pattern interpretation.
    Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Luka+...#ixzz2Nir7IFD7

Oops I've been posting in the wrong thread about the prelim hearing, apologies.

March 19, 2:00pm EST - Court has been adjourned for the day, Luka is too ill to continue.

[sarcasm]Poor Luka, I hope he didn't bonk his pretty head when he collapsed in court today..... [/sarcasm]

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ChelleBelle View Post
    Oops I've been posting in the wrong thread about the prelim hearing, apologies.

March 19, 2:00pm EST - Court has been adjourned for the day, Luka is too ill to continue.

[sarcasm]Poor Luka, I hope he didn't bonk his pretty head when he collapsed in court today..... [/sarcasm]
    Ohhhhh, PUL - EEEEEESE!! Well, Jun Lin is DEAD.

This entire thing is making me ill............

Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    Ohhhhh, PUL - EEEEEESE!! Well, Jun Lin is DEAD.

This entire thing is making me ill............

Nauseating. I had a feeling this would be drama-filled, I'd expect nothing less from Luka

Mike Armstrong ‏@ArmstrongGN #magnotta won't make it back to court. Lawyer: "he needs medication and rest". Collapsed at break this morning following video evidence.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/luka-ma...-him-1.1201816

I think he's a manipulative so & so... setting himself up for an insanity plea or that it was his 'alter ego' or some such. What a pitiful and sickening display, I don't buy it for a minute.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast