1031 users online (201 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

HI - Cherie Ward, 26, Hamakua, 6 March 2013

Missing: Cherie Ward 03-06-13 | Published: March 6, 2013
    Hawaiʻi Police Department
    Hāmākua District
    Sergeant Danette Tavares
    Phone:775-7533
    Report No. C13005154

Media Release

Hawaiʻi Island police are asking for the publicís help in locating a Hāmākua woman who was reported missing.

Cherie Crystal Grace Ward, 26, moved to Hawaiʻi in December. Her family on the mainland has not heard from her since December or January. She is described as Caucasian, tall with a slender build, light-brown medium hair and green eyes. She may be in the Hilo area in the company of a man named Denny Burniston.

Police ask that anyone with information on the whereabouts of either of these individuals call the Police Departmentís non-emergency line at 935-3311.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call Crime Stoppers at 961-8300 in Hilo or 329-8181 in Kona and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesnít record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.

Photo posted here

Last edited by tarabull; 03-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Hi Tarabull!

So the last activity on DB's fb acct is in December. New friends added since that date could just be them accepting friend requests.

Thanks for posting.
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

snipped...Her son, Denny Burniston, is a seaman on the Leyte Gulf. ``That really impressed me,`` Benefield said.

Her son nodded and grinned. His Navy career began eight months ago when he was assigned to pre-commissioning duty with the Leyte Gulf. ``The ship`s put together real good. I feel lucky,`` he said.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/198...ort-everglades

<mod snip>
    Last edited by fran; 03-14-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: per poster request
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

This appears to be her too on Denny's FB.
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

http://www.facebook.com/denny.burnis...0433631&type=3

Uh, taken at the tower of death? And the caption..

Creepy.

In the last post on Denny's FB he indicates making it safe to HI on December 12-12.

He was working on an organic farm in Hilo. Maybe she's with him there and there isn't really communication to the outisde per their choice?

http://www.yellowpages.com/hilo-hi/organic-farm

There are at least 24 organic farms in the area.. Hopefully she's alive and well.

I was wondering, she actually looks like Denny....are they related?

Quote Originally Posted by LivingJuicy View Post
    Hopefully she's alive and well.

I was wondering, she actually looks like Denny....are they related?
    rsbm...bbm

Excellent observations LJ...

Last edited by raine1212; 03-12-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Per posters request made mistake placing quote wanted it edited out
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

I wonder where she moved from....and how the family came to believe she may be with this DB guy.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

For some reason, I wondered if he was her father. If he graduated HS in 86, IIRC, that would make him roughly 45. Maybe they had an estranged relationship and recently made ammends.

I haven't been back here since briefly yesterday so I'm off to look around..

Ok, spent some time searching and believe this to be her FB. Especially this picture. The girl in the very back - appears to be Crystal. Whatcha think?

**I removed the link. I just don't know. There are a few girls with a similar name in Bossier City.

.........Don't think it's her afterall!
    Last edited by LivingJuicy; 03-13-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Removing FB link.

This is my first time looking at this case and I'm new to sleuthing, but I went over to his FB and found this:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0433631&type=1

It looks like a picture of her, although it's written in the caption that the photo was taken in June 2012 sometime, but it says it was taken at the tower of death and has some creppy things under "Worthless Eater?"

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianmom2three View Post
    This is my first time looking at this case and I'm new to sleuthing, but I went over to his FB and found this:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0433631&type=1

It looks like a picture of her, although it's written in the caption that the photo was taken in June 2012 sometime, but it says it was taken at the tower of death and has some creppy things under "Worthless Eater?"
    Yep, I think it's her.

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    snipped...Her son, Denny Burniston, is a seaman on the Leyte Gulf. ``That really impressed me,`` Benefield said.

Her son nodded and grinned. His Navy career began eight months ago when he was assigned to pre-commissioning duty with the Leyte Gulf. ``The ship`s put together real good. I feel lucky,`` he said.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/198...ort-everglades
    tarabull - hey! How are ya? FYI, I omitted that FB link in this response bc it doesn't take me to Denny Burniston's profile. Instead, it takes me to RS - whom happens to have some pretty freakin funny Halloween pics lmao - so I'm thinking maybe you forgot to take out your id before you linked his name? Lolololol. If its you, ya might wanna edit or delete that post, or maybe click that notify exclamation point for a mod to only take out that link?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast