One perp or more?

Rashi'sDaughter

Reaction score
I would like to see who believes that JonBenet was sexually abused by more than one person. What evidence exists to substantiate multiple perpetrators?
Has anyone considered that perhaps there were two abusers present on the 25th? As for myself, I think she was abused by Burke and probably a friend or two of his; and possibly the Stein boy was there on the night of the 25. Not sure about this though, as I have never heard of any corroborating evidence for my theory. And as always, this is just my own opinion. :moo:

I would like to see who believes that JonBenet was sexually abused by more than one person. What evidence exists to substantiate multiple perpetrators?
Has anyone considered that perhaps there were two abusers present on the 25th? As for myself, I think she was abused by Burke and probably a friend or two of his; and possibly the Stein boy was there on the night of the 25. Not sure about this though, as I have never heard of any corroborating evidence for my theory. And as always, this is just my own opinion. :moo:

Actually, Rashi, when this first happened, the thought crossed my mind.

Regardless, if Colorado code protects Burke if he had done it, then the code would protect anyone under ten (or maybe someone already ten ... I don't know what the code states exactly as to age).

Even if Burke had a playmate over that night who was ten years old or older and if Burke were involved I can see the Ramseys providing a cover story to protect Burke. If the law applied and Burke wasn't involved yet an under-age playmate did it they might still come up with some story because maybe they thought a story would be easier than saying "no comment."

Unfortunately, without access to all evidence we can only speculate and I'm not big on that for several reasons. The Grand Jury thought there was enough evidence to indict John and Patsy Ramsey for child abuse resulting in death. There again, the fine points of Colorado law make a difference in what that really means. We have the hearsay statement from Linda Hoffman-Pugh that she believed the Grand Jury thought Patsy did it. I have no reason to discredit Ms. Hoffman-Pugh but it's still hearsay.

Actually, Rashi, when this first happened, the thought crossed my mind.

Regardless, if Colorado code protects Burke if he had done it, then the code would protect anyone under ten (or maybe someone already ten ... I don't know what the code states exactly as to age).

Even if Burke had a playmate over that night who was ten years old or older and if Burke were involved I can see the Ramseys providing a cover story to protect Burke. If the law applied and Burke wasn't involved yet an under-age playmate did it they might still come up with some story because maybe they thought a story would be easier than saying "no comment."

Unfortunately, without access to all evidence we can only speculate and I'm not big on that for several reasons. The Grand Jury thought there was enough evidence to indict John and Patsy Ramsey for child abuse resulting in death. There again, the fine points of Colorado law make a difference in what that really means. We have the hearsay statement from Linda Hoffman-Pugh that she believed the Grand Jury thought Patsy did it. I have no reason to discredit Ms. Hoffman-Pugh but it's still hearsay.

Some people believe BR may have had a friend there that night that he had planned to bring with him to Charlevoix. I have seen differing opinions on whether an accomplice/witness (that was OVER 10 years old) to BR's involvement in the crime would ALSO be protected from prosecution if doing so would expose BR's involvement.
As far as the GJ's indictment of the parents- it could also be that their failure to prevent another family member from abusing her or committing an act that resulted in her death could in and of itself be considered "child abuse" resulting in her death. In need not have been their own involvement. If this was the case, the indictment was returned against the parents because it couldn't be returned against the perp. As both children were minors (JB and BR) the parents' responsibilities are to BOTH of them- preventing harm to JB and preventing BR from inflicting that harm.

Some people believe BR may have had a friend there that night that he had planned to bring with him to Charlevoix. I have seen differing opinions on whether an accomplice/witness (that was OVER 10 years old) to BR's involvement in the crime would ALSO be protected from prosecution if doing so would expose BR's involvement.
As far as the GJ's indictment of the parents- it could also be that their failure to prevent another family member from abusing her or committing an act that resulted in her death could in and of itself be considered "child abuse" resulting in her death. In need not have been their own involvement. If this was the case, the indictment was returned against the parents because it couldn't be returned against the perp. As both children were minors (JB and BR) the parents' responsibilities are to BOTH of them- preventing harm to JB and preventing BR from inflicting that harm.

The indictment truly was a cleverly worded document wasn't it, well designed so as to fit several possibilities.

The indictment truly was a cleverly worded document wasn't it, well designed so as to fit several possibilities.
AND, there only needed to be Probable Cause! The indictment is designed to have the legal avenue to arrest suspects and THEN be able to go forward with any additional investigation needed to file complete formal charges for a prosecution. The Grand Jury did everything right. From then on it was a travesty.

There's no evidence at all that BR molested JB, nor any evidence of having friends over.

The best evidence we have is that the family actually was planning a trip to MI, so it seems unlikely they'd have had a sleepover guest for Burke. They all had to get up early and go to the airport to get on their private plane. Plus it was Christmas night and traditionally families are together, not sleeping over at someone's home.

It's always interesting to speculate, but it doesn't seem very likely.

There's no evidence at all that BR molested JB, nor any evidence of having friends over.

The best evidence we have is that the family actually was planning a trip to MI, so it seems unlikely they'd have had a sleepover guest for Burke. They all had to get up early and go to the airport to get on their private plane. Plus it was Christmas night and traditionally families are together, not sleeping over at someone's home.

It's always interesting to speculate, but it doesn't seem very likely.

BR's friend could have been invited to come along on that trip. It would be easier, with such an early flight, to have him stay over the night before.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back