1012 users online (175 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Panama - Ed Moynan, 68, Canadian, Coronado, 8 Nov 2012

"Skeletal remains were found in a suitcase by employees of the Altos de Campana National Park, according to Panama-Guide.com journalist Don Winner, who has followed the case.

Moynan, 68, the retired former owner of Centennial Glass, disappeared Nov. 8 from his home in the beachside community of Coronado, Panama.

Police believed the disappearance was suspicious, since items at Moynan's home were missing and his glasses were found broken"

“Yes, there has been a body found, but we’re still waiting for some results,” she said. “They are doing DNA testing on it.”

Alchemy said while the identification has not yet been confirmed, police see indications that the body could be that of her brother.

Police have suspected foul play since early in the case, although there was an initial delay in the reporting of the disappearance.

Moynan went missing on a Thursday from his home in the coastal city of Coronado, but was reported missing to the police only on Saturday because his wife, Louise, was visiting Ottawa at the time

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Body+fo...#ixzz2NG1US7LL

The FB page has a post by daughter that the body has been identified as his.

"OTTAWA — A body found by police in Panama is that of former Ottawa resident Ed Moynan.

The 68-year-old Moynan, who owned Centennial Glass in Ottawa for more than two decades before moving to Panama about two years ago, had been missing since November.

On Monday, his daughter, Sandy, confirmed the positive identification in a post to the Find Ed Moynan Facebook page.

“This is to confirm that my father, Ed Moynan has been identified this morning. I would like to thank all of my family, friends, patients and colleagues for their support over the last four months. I will be in touch shortly with the details regarding the funeral in Ottawa.”

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Body+fo...#ixzz2NHngjovY

This article is from last year ...

"Panama-Guide.com journalist Don Winner continues to follow the case closely.

He said there were two arrests on Nov. 20, but it’s not known if either man has been charged. The men were arrested at the El Rey supermarket in Coronado — the place where Moynan was last seen. In fact, according to Winner, the man who reported seeing Moynan there on the night of Nov. 8 was one of the men arrested. Like Moynan, the man is a Canadian ex-pat.

The other man is German.

Moynan’s house is only a few minutes drive from the supermarket"

This article dated Friday, November 23 2012, names the two men arrested

Two members of the community of English speaking expatriates in Panama were arrested on Tuesday, 20 November 2012, at the El Rey supermarket in Coronado, as part of a police sting operation.

Detectives from the Direction of Judicial Investigation (DIJ) arrested the German citizen Robert Streuder and the Canadian Todd Mayert, in response to a complaint filed by another Canadian expatriate over an alleged dispute related to a commercial property in the area.

According to the allegations, Todd Mayert and the Canadian expatriate (complainant) were partners, and they owned a commercial property 50/50. Robert Streuder reportedly threatened or otherwise tried to coerce the Canadian to sell him his share of the property.
    It is important to note Todd Mayert was the last person to report seeing the Canadian citizen Ed Moynan before he went missing on 8 November 2012. Not only did Todd Mayert admit to seeing Ed Moynan, he practically bragged about it to other members of the expatriate community in the Coronado area, so he wasn't trying to keep it quiet.
    Robert Streuder's friends have told me he denies the allegations being made by the Canadian expatriate who filed the complaint against him. Streuder and the Canadian supposedly met and reached a verbal agreement on the purchase of the property the day before, and left that meeting with goodwill and a handshake. He denies having threatened the Canadian or trying to coerce him in any way. And of course, he denies having anything to do with the disappearance of Ed Moynan.
    Read more: http://www.panama-guide.com/article....21123125152901
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Arrest in death of Ottawa man killed in Panama

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

The last update I could find was back in July. They said they might have to close the case without resolution.

Panama prosecutors are looking at closing the case without resolution in murder of Ed Moynan. This according to Carlos Sanad Espino, the lawyer on record for Ed Moynan’s family.