1345 users online (349 members and 996 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CO - Dylan Redwine missing from Vallecito ***SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY***

******SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY******

This thread is for the discussion of searching for Dylan Redwine. Please make sure your posts are relative to the search and not other peripheral information in his disappearance.

For example, it is NOT okay to post about something said on the Dr. Phil show. It IS OKAY to post that you wonder if such and such area has been searched because you have evidence that MR was in that area or frequents that area.

The regular discussion thread will return once the mods have had a chance to complete the pow wow. Until then, we wanted to give everyone a place to continue looking for Dylan. It's all about Dylan!!!

If you need information about past threads, media links, etc, please look here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 12:07 AM. Reason: broken link

I am looking for a map with pin points of areas that have been searched. We don't have one for this case? If we do, can someone link?

This is a case map done by Yoda this can be a start

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...02309,0.035748

Quote Originally Posted by raine1212 View Post
    This is a case map done by Yoda this can be a start

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...02309,0.035748
    There needs to be a correction made to one of the points on the map.
    http://durangoherald.com/article/201...arch-reservoir
    authorities are looking to talk to two boys who were spotted by a female postal worker northbound about 2 p.m. Nov. 19, in the 18000 block of County Road 501, at the Vallecito Lake Country Market
    The location for the reported sighting is much further north, at the intersection of CR500 and CR501, according to Google Maps.
    Something to know about me: I am open to discussing any and all theories. Just because I'm exploring one possibility does not mean I have discounted any others.

That's the only map I could find.. We can make a new map with all the updated search info at anytime.

Here's the document on child homicide investigations with a chapter on body disposal characteristics, statistics, etc.

Case Management for Missing Child Homicide Investigation
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

Does anyone know if the rental property that was transferred to Mark in 2012 was searched? Even if someone is actually living there?
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

I wonder if Navajo lake has been searched. I was looking at the map and there are several lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by raine1212 View Post
    I wonder if Navajo lake has been searched. I was looking at the map and there are several lakes.
    Ransom had a post in the last thread that I know said Lemon for sure and I think it also said Horsehead but I can't remember specifically Navajo.
    Something to know about me: I am open to discussing any and all theories. Just because I'm exploring one possibility does not mean I have discounted any others.

I am not good at drawing maps out or I would do it with pinpoints of all the areas that have been searched and mark possible areas to search.
    Last edited by raine1212; 03-13-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Here's the document on child homicide investigations with a chapter on body disposal characteristics, statistics, etc.

Case Management for Missing Child Homicide Investigation
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf
    Here is another, more updated document (from 2006).
    www.missingkids.com/en_US/archive/documents/homicide_missing.pdf

This is information on an child abduction/homicide, with a little about child homicide (no abduction), but not abduction and captivity.
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
    Here is another, more updated document (from 2006).
    www.missingkids.com/en_US/archive/documents/homicide_missing.pdf

This is information on an child abduction/homicide, with a little about child homicide (no abduction), but not abduction and captivity.
    So most likely a rural area, deliberately selected, concealed, and the person who did this has possibly returned to the (ugh I hate this term) disposal site.

Is it possible that it would be a place that had some meaning? ETA: the study did not address how familiar the killer was with the area that the body is left.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHands View Post
    So most likely a rural area, deliberately selected, concealed, and the person who did this has possibly returned to the (ugh I hate this term) disposal site.

Is it possible that it would be a place that had some meaning? ETA: the study did not address how familiar the killer was with the area that the body is left.
    That appears to be accurate for a stranger abduction. The key for most of this document is this: whomever is missing was originally kidnapped or abducted (legalese seems to be taken more than 50 feet from where the missing person was at the time of abduction). It would appear that depending on what kind of missing child case this is (abduction, runaway, abduction/homicide, homicide, etc), the search scenario would change. So the way LE was originally searching (as if Dylan were a runaway)had to morph into a search for an abducted child, and that search scenario could still be incorrect. It cannot be an easy task to try to cover all search scenarios.

I need to look for another document that details if there is any kind of pattern for searching for an abduction and captivity scenario.
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

Oh here we are!
    Anaya Lea 💜💕
    Born 15th January 2013 @ 1:34pm
    9lb 11oz - 51.7cm - 39cm HC.

Dad ❤️ 4th July 1950 - 9th October 2012 💔

Where is Brittanee Drexel?
    http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
    That appears to be accurate for a stranger abduction. The key for most of this document is this: whomever is missing was originally kidnapped or abducted (legalese seems to be taken more than 50 feet from where the missing person was at the time of abduction). It would appear that depending on what kind of missing child case this is (abduction, runaway, abduction/homicide, homicide, etc), the search scenario would change. So the way LE was originally searching (as if Dylan were a runaway)had to morph into a search for an abducted child, and that search scenario could still be incorrect. It cannot be an easy task to try to cover all search scenarios.

I need to look for another document that details if there is any kind of pattern for searching for an abduction and captivity scenario.
    I had similar thought last night falling asleep. A panicked reason who did something unintentionally should act differently than some one who planned for months. A sick thrill-seeker might consider a body differently than someone else. IMO.

Also there's a line in the article about keeping the body longer - I thought about this scum up here that had poor little Jessica under the house. What if, just a thought, the final resting place wasn't chosen until after the initial searches. Is there a possibility of a temporary storage?
    Last edited by ColdHands; 03-14-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast