1054 users online (210 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...KNWU00L5_UNEWS

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (AP) — Police say the bodies of a woman and two children have been recovered from a shallow creek in southern Indiana.

Maj. Keith Whitlow says the bodies were found Wednesday in New Albany. Whitlow says there are no obvious signs of foul play but that the deaths are being treated as homicides.......little more at link......

One child was 2 and one an adolescent...more info and names will be released after autopsies....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...d-as-homicides

A mother, who recently moved to Indiana from Washington state, was found dead in a shallow creek with her two children. "No obvious signs of trauma" according to LE.

More here: apparently this creek runs through a park.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...ark-identified

Whitlow said Wednesday that police are investigating the deaths as homicides, although there were no obvious signs of foul play, and the release said that no suspects had been identified.
    from the article

The Courier-Journal article indicates there is a foot bridge just around the bend from where the bodies were found. I wonder if they / one of the children fell and the others got in to rescue? What doesn't make sense is that the creek is less than hip-deep. Perhaps it is deeper nearer the bridge?

Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Father/husband went to police station about 5:30 to report family missing. The same time bodies were found.
    My hinky meter is nudging me on two things. He came home from work at 5:00 and within 30 minutes goes to LE to report them missing. Second, after being interviewed all night he goes to a hotel. He moved to the area to be near family. Why not go to family members' home? Family dynamics can explain reasons he did either of these things, but until then ...

Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

From the courier-journal link above:

The husband told LE he got home from work about 5 p.m. to find his his wife’s car, keys to the car and apartment, and a diaper bag still there.

That's never good.

Could she have done a murder/suicide and jumped from the bridge with the babies?
    Ok, one child was 10, the other just an infant. It makes no sense.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Could she have done a murder/suicide and jumped from the bridge with the babies?
    Ok, one child was 10, the other just an infant. It makes no sense.
    Could be but LE says homicide with no mention of suicide at this point. The part is about 1/4 mile from home. The water was waist deep.

The bodies were found in Falling Run Creek at the park, which is about a quarter-mile from the Clutters’ Sheffield Square apartment off Country Club Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Father/husband went to police station about 5:30 to report family missing. The same time bodies were found.
    My hinky meter is nudging me on two things. He came home from work at 5:00 and within 30 minutes goes to LE to report them missing. Second, after being interviewed all night he goes to a hotel. He moved to the area to be near family. Why not go to family members' home? Family dynamics can explain reasons he did either of these things, but until then ...

It does seem odd. But the son was 10 yrs old. And there were no signs of trauma. I don't see how a father could have drowned a 10 yr old without him struggling and leaving signs of the struggle. Especially with the mother there.

I really wonder if the mom might have done this. She waited for dad to come back on his visit and then does this as the ultimate revenge? Because I don't see how a 6 month old ends up in a creek accidentally.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

The high temperature was only in the 40's there today so it was still pretty cold out. I wonder how they were dressed when they were found.

It looks like a real easy walk from the apartments up Homung Hill Dr and then you can cut through to the park. That is if you can cross the creek to get there.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...00751,0.015278

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    It does seem odd. But the son was 10 yrs old. And there were no signs of trauma. I don't see how a father could have drowned a 10 yr old without him struggling and leaving signs of the struggle. Especially with the mother there.

I really wonder if the mom might have done this. She waited for dad to come back on his visit and then does this as the ultimate revenge? Because I don't see how a 6 month old ends up in a creek accidentally.
    I'm wondering about this scenario also. Maybe the father went to the police so quick because his wife had been unstable. I wonder why he drove instead of called them though. Or, maybe he did call them and they told him to come file a report?

She had a 6 month old baby so she could have had some post partum depression. The end of the world church stuff really bothers me as well.

I'm curious to see what the autopsy results reveal.

RIP family.

Bodies of mom, 2 kids found in Indiana

The bodies of a woman and her two children found in Binford Park in New Albany, Ind., were identified by authorities Thursday.

New Albany police Maj. Keith Whitlow said autopsies were performed on the bodies of Jamie Clutter, 35, Brandon Clutter, 10, and Katelyn Clutter, 6 months, at the Kentucky Medical Examiner's office in Louisville, Ky.

Further tests were being conducted to determine how each of the victims died, he said..

Police found the bodies in Falling Run Creek in the park about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, the News and Tribune, Jeffersonville, Ind., reported.

Whitlow said the police department was conducting a "homicide investigation" but no suspects had been identified.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast