GUILTY OR - Charles Weber, 25, killed in machete attack, Portland, 9 March 2013

pugglesworth

Reaction score
This case has been on my mind a lot because I used to live around that neighborhood...it's very disturbing and as they arrested the suspects today, took another turn for the weird:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/03/3_men_accused_of_unusually_vio.html

The suspects: Mahmoud Moustafa, 20; Hussein Ali Haidar, 21; and Omar Ibrahim, 21, were arrested Tuesday and are accused of killing Charles Anthony Weber, police said.

Weber was found dead of blunt force trauma to the head last Saturday at his girlfriend's apartment in the 2200 block of Southwest Dolph Court. Police described the murder as "unusually violent," but have not release more details on what led to it.

There seem to be few clues in any of the coverage as to what this could be about. The girlfriend apparently wasn't home, but he was there anyways. And three guys brutally attacking one victim? The initial reports said nothing about robbery or such as a motive. This seems like it was personal, somehow.

According to your link, the perps are charged with both murder and robbery. Why would they beat someone so violently just to steal something? I wonder if this is gang or drugs related?

Hope they lock these guys up for a really long time.

A fourth suspect has been arrested now:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...ect_arrested_in_sou.html#incart_river_default

Clifton Albert Carey, 20, was arrested Thursday afternoon in Enumclaw, Wash. by U.S. Marshals on a warrant for aggravated murder, murder, first-degree burglary and first-degree robbery, according to Portland Police. He is being held in King County Jail pending extradition to Oregon.

The headline calls it a "machete attack" now, but the cause of death is blunt force trauma. This is the first mention I have seen of a machete. How horrific, either way. :(

A lot of commenters on the news articles are speculating it had to do with drugs, but this seems like it must have been planned and plotted, do drug deals gone bad usually involve premeditation?

November 2016:

Killer sobs, tells victim’s mom: ‘I’m sorry’

http://koin.com/2016/11/24/killer-sobs-tells-victims-mom-im-sorry/

Kathleen McCoy, the mother of Charlie Weber, says her family “is broken forever missing Charlie.”

Weber was “only 25-years-old on the day 4 assailants entered his home tortured, beat, and ultimately took his life,” McCoy said.

“There are no words to express the feelings experienced when thrown into the darkness of murder,” she said as she addressed Moustafa and the court.

The loss of Weber, her third child, she said is the darkest moment of her life.

Mahmoud Moustafa was one of four people who had a role in the death of Weber. Earlier this month, he was formally sentenced in Multnomah County Circuit Court to 15 years in prison. He pleaded guilty to 1st-degree burglary and 1st-degree robbery, but entered a no contest plea to 2nd-degree manslaughter.

For his part, Moustafa apologized to McCoy personally.

“I’m very sorry for your loss,” he said. “I’m very sorry for being a part of this.”

During the investigation, police arrested Ahmad Al Kalali and charged him with hindering prosecution and tampering with physical evidence. Kalali took a plea deal in March 2014 and received probation.

Hussein Ali-Haidar is charged with 4 counts of aggravated murder, 3 counts of murder, 2 counts of unlawful use of a weapon and one count each of 1st-degree burglary, 1st-degree robbery, unlawful use of a weapon and 1st-degree assault.

His trial is scheduled to start Jan. 13, 2017 and could last 4 months.

Clifton Carey took a plea deal and was convicted of aggravated murder and murder in June 2016. If he meets all of the terms of his plea deal, the aggravated murder charge will be deferred. His sentencing is set for Feb. 2017 where he will receive life in prison. He will have to serve at least 25 years before being eligible to apply for parole.

Omar Ibrahim received a 7.5 year prison sentence after being convicted of 1st-degree robbery in connection to the case. He was sentenced in March 2015. As part of his plea deal, charges of murder and assault were dismissed.

Man who participated in brutal 2013 murder sentenced to life in prison

http://katu.com/news/local/man-who-participated-in-brutal-2013-murder-sentenced-to-life-in-prison

Kathleen McCoy and Monica Scott are mother and daughter. They both grieve for their son and brother, Charles Anthony Weber, who was brutally murdered. But they've taken different approaches as one of the men who murdered Weber is sentenced for the crime.

"You're more forgiving than I am, Mom," said Scott, outside a Multnomah County courtroom Friday.

"Well, I need to move on," McCoy replied. "I can't keep staying angry at him. If you stay angry, then he's all entwined in our lives. I want him to go do his time, and then I want to go honor the son I miss so much every day."

Both women were in court to watch Hussein Haidar be sentenced to life in prison. He'll be eligible for parole in 27 years.

All 4 men linked to machete death now sentenced

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/03/all_four_men_linked_to_machete.html

Omar Ibrahim, 22 -- was sentenced Friday to 7 1/2 years for driving the group to the home of 25-year-old Charlie Weber on March 9, 2013.

"I had no intention to hurt Charlie," Ibrahim told Weber's family during his sentencing hearing. "If I would have known what would have happened, I would have tried to stop it."

At Ibrahim's hearing, Weber's mother said this week marks the four-year anniversary of her son's death. Kathleen McCoy read aloud some of the loving comments friends and family put on a Facebook page created in her son's memory.

McCoy told Ibrahim that she believed he "truly showed remorse that we didn't see from the others, and that made a huge impact on us."

Clifton Albert Carey, now 24, also delivered some blows with the machete, prosecutors believe. He pleaded guilty to murder last June and was sentenced to life with the possibility of release after 25 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back