1210 users online (274 members and 936 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up Texas Prisons Install Cellphone-Blocking Equipmen

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51199324/n.../#.UUOZaBzrxYw

The nation's largest state prison system is turning to electronic weaponry to combat the persistent headache of illegal cellphones smuggled to inmates.
    Final testing starts next week at the first of two Texas Department of Criminal Justice prisons where equipment has been installed to block calls to and from unauthorized phones.

The equipment, known as a managed access system, also diverts text messages, emails and Internet log-in attempts from contraband phones.

Contraband phones have been a problem in prisons around the country. Prison administrators consider them security threats, used by inmates to plan and coordinate escapes, run illicit businesses and threaten and harass crime victims or authorities.

jmo, this is long overdue

I'm surprised they didn't already have it! Even my county jail here in Ohio has that.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.