867 users online (177 members and 690 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499

    Thumbs up New billboards aimed at capturing domestic violence suspects

    Believed to be the first in the nation!!! Way to Go, Dallas

    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/216559...lence-suspects

    The Dallas County District Attorney's office is taking a new approach to track down domestic violence suspects.

    The D.A.'s office is plastering pictures of the Top Ten Most Wanted on billboards in and around Dallas in heavy traffic areas.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Hooray for Dallas!

    One quote from the article I would like to see quoted......



    "Over half of our death penalty cases are domestic violence related so it's a huge problem," said Evans.


    Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/216559...#ixzz2NegBVMgS
    I hope other states are challenged to check out their statistics and work towards reducing them.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    So if I get really pissed at my husband, I can take out a billboard? Not that he's remotely abusive, but that would give me a lot of leverage on the rare occasions when we have an argument.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    So if I get really pissed at my husband, I can take out a billboard? Not that he's remotely abusive, but that would give me a lot of leverage on the rare occasions when we have an argument.
    Not Exactly, the DA's office is doing them. The Billboard company has donated the space for this effort.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    So if I get really pissed at my husband, I can take out a billboard? Not that he's remotely abusive, but that would give me a lot of leverage on the rare occasions when we have an argument.
    My thoughts on domestic violence is handle it "domestically".

    You know where they live, file a missing persons report a day or two later. Problem solved.

    Oh and for any that haven't solved the problem yet, stop having their children, that is also a huge help (not applicable to Nova).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    So if I get really pissed at my husband, I can take out a billboard? Not that he's remotely abusive, but that would give me a lot of leverage on the rare occasions when we have an argument.
    LOL, I thought exactly the same thing, fwiw.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    So if I get really pissed at my husband, I can take out a billboard? Not that he's remotely abusive, but that would give me a lot of leverage on the rare occasions when we have an argument.
    Only if you document harm to yourself, with a high likelihood of being caused by him and if he then absconds.

    Or you could cause harm to him and run and get to see your pic on a billboard.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    My thoughts on domestic violence is handle it "domestically".

    You know where they live, file a missing persons report a day or two later. Problem solved.
    Not many people mess with you, do they?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    My thoughts on domestic violence is handle it "domestically".

    You know where they live, file a missing persons report a day or two later. Problem solved.

    Oh and for any that haven't solved the problem yet, stop having their children, that is also a huge help (not applicable to Nova).
    You mean "Goodbye Earl"?

    http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/dixie+c..._20040999.html

    You have to be strong enough to drag him away and have a good hiding place.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    You have to be strong enough to drag him away and have a good hiding place.
    You don't need to be strong, just have a saw or an axe on hand. Divide and conquer.

    Looked up your reference. Nice!

    Last edited by KateB; 06-08-2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: repair url tag.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Nova in rethinking my above comment I realized it could have been taken personally and it wasn't meant that way.

    I just really have a thing about someone who knowingly falsely accuses their spouse of abuse in order to gain for themselves in custody or divorce issues or to try to justify a crime that they had committed. Every time they do that, they endanger all the other abused because every time it happens or is suspected, it gets that much harder for a real victim to get assistance or justice. And yet it happens a lot in child custody and divorce cases.

    I do get your point though that there would need to be some pretty solid guidelines on who would be eligible for being put on a billboard. And yes I guess there might be some issues on the fact that they are putting persons on the billboard that haven't been convicted yet.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    6 years later this woman is still having surgeries...and there is no doubt who did it. The suspect is still believed to be in the area. I don't think the DA's office is out of order, jmo



Similar Threads

  1. Videos about domestic violence
    By Kimster in forum Crime Prevention: Be Safe!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 01:27 AM