991 users online (213 members and 778 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    Quote Originally Posted by whooptydude View Post
    I think Raven is Bobby Joe Long, not Keith Jesperson. The reason is that both the cadence and inflection of the voice sound more like Long than it does Jesperson. I think the voice on the show is only garbled in pitch and not regular speaking pattern. Do a Youtube search for both criminals and listen to actual interviews. For what it's worth, having a convicted criminal as an "expert" is ludicrous. I wish Dr. Michael Stone would make more Most Evil episodes. I found his take on crime most educational and also put criminal behavior into the proper perspective.
    pretty sure its jesperson. he lets it slip in "the coastal killers" that he dropped a flashlight he tried to go back for...plus, he is pretty notoriously narcissistic and an attention-seeking type, so his "featured role" would fulfill that need. bobby joe long is a complete nutjob...can't imagine phelps forming a "relationship" with him.

i agree with nutkin, i watch it more to learn about the cold cases. i think the SK's don't offer much more insight than anyone interested in true crime... its just a hook, IMO, for the producers. however, it is one of the shows on ID that actually is okay with not having "an ending" or resolution...thus allowing them to spotlight unsolved cases.
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

I missed it.I'm going to try to find that episode on YouTube.

The Texas Killing Fields was not a bad movie,although it did steer away from the actual facts in a few instances.
    Follow me on Twitter @TrueCrimeGuy or via my sites
    http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by morf13 View Post
    The Texas Killing Fields was not a bad movie,although it did steer away from the actual facts in a few instances.
    This thread is in reference to a documentary-type show that did show actual facts from the cases and not the movie which had absolutely zero actual facts.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    I missed it.I'm going to try to find that episode on YouTube.
    Quote Originally Posted by morf13 View Post

Here's the link to the "The Killing Field" clip on Dark Minds.

http://investigation.discovery.com/t...ling-field.htm

and here's the full episode

http://www.freemovies.ws/dark-minds-...killing-field/
    Last edited by bessie; 04-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Thank You Frostess. I do not know who Jesperson is but I know Rifkin. He lived by my Aunts house. I feel Rifkin is the Long Island serial killer. I just watched the Texas Killing Fields so I had enough of SK's tonight. Loved hearing my favorite Mazzy Star in the movie.
    How do you figure? He was arrested in 1993, and most of the girls died in the late 2000s.

Wow so Raven is Keith Jesperson! I wish I would have known that prior to watching The Coastal Killer, I would have paid more attention to how much he pretended to know. At least I believe these murders took place before his arrest. Taunja Bennett was supposedly his first murder, but I don't give a killers word much credibility, maybe he meant first adult murder ( having kids maybe he didn't want to admit to being a child murderer) Keith Jesperson lived near this area so if this was pre arrest I'm curious as to how he was ruled out, or if he was ever even looked at.
    I think the suspect who died in prison had nothing to do with these murders.

not related to the subject, but does anyone know where I can view the dark minds episode about molly bish season 2 episode 2

@bullshark - it's on youtube under "blonde, blue-eyed and gone" (or something like that)

It seems stupid to me that they let one serial killer provide theories on this case, almost like his theories are fact. Just because "Raven" killed people who reminded him of someone he knew doesn't mean another serial killer is doing the same thing. Maybe he just has a "type" - that's just one example.

It's like asking any member of any group to tell you the motivations of every other single member of the group. Other than generalizations perhaps, it is just not possible.

I just discovered this show. Imo. It is common sense. I'm not sure what I think about the serial killers advice knowledge in the show. In a way it takes away from the cases featured on the show.
    I am curious if any cases have been closed due 5o thus show m
    ~Takk skal du ha ~

In the "mall killer" episode Raven says his first victim was all bloody and he propped her up in the car against the window to look alive and sleeping he said she was a bloody mess, Jesperson strangled his victims........... So even though u may know ur serial killers n I agree about 13 knew immidiatly from his my accent.

Raven could be Jesperson, he admitted to brutally beating her before strangling her. It can't be Bobby Joe Long, Phelps says Raven has back to back life sentences and Long was sentenced to death.
    Last edited by NickG81; 03-15-2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Wrong word

You have an alleged profiler and an alleged expert, neither of which know the difference between a spree killer and a serial killer, you know it's going to be a cheesy show. When the alleged profiler thinks that one serial killer can know anything at all about any other serial killer, you are assured that this is all malarkey. Glad the show was canceled. If you're looking for people to actually help solve these crimes, please search for those who have put in time, effort, work and have the proper education first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2