822 users online (173 members and 649 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Michelle Powell, 31, Fayetteville, 8 March 2013

Missing Michelle Lynne Powell Fayetteville, NC

http://www.wral.com/authorities-ask-...oman/12227360/
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-17-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Fixed long title - age, date missing

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...4?sac=fo.local

"We believe she could be in danger," Tanna said.

Search still underway from missing woman

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=9031632

Updated at 01:20 PM today

CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County are still searching for a woman who has been missing for 10 days.

The only picture of her they have available is a mugshot picture?!?! ugh

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=9031632

Updated at 630pm today:

Powell is the mother of two girls, who stay with other family members.

Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    The only picture of her they have available is a mugshot picture?!?! ugh
    I just found this one:

Search for missing Michelle Lynne Powell continues Saturday morning in Hope Mills area

The family of 31-year-old Michelle Lynne Powell is still looking for her and plans to conduct a search in the Grimes Street area of Hope Mills on Saturday morning.

[snip]

People interested in helping can meet the family at 10 a.m. at 119 Grimes Street off Porter Road.

http://blogs.fayobserver.com/fromthe...well-continues

The BF went to the store at 11:30 pm and when he came back she was gone? That's it, that's all there is to go on?

Store --->11:30 pm ----> ?????

Any indication of a struggle? Did she just walk away? It's been a while, now. Something's definitely not right, here.
    Last edited by diphi; 03-30-2013 at 09:39 PM.

There will be a search for Michelle Lynne Powell this coming Sat. April 13th.

"Powell was living with her boyfriend in a mobile home park on Bangle Street off Cumberland Road. Turner, Powell was home when her boyfriend left to go to the store about 11:30 p.m. March 8, and when he got back she was gone."

this scenario is all too common. i hope and pray she's ok, but it's been a month. does she have a cell phone? what about him? any confirmation of where he was that night and what times? i wish we knew what store it was and where. was it a grocery store 15 minutes away?? (so it would be a 30 minute trip, plus whatever time to buy what he went for)... or was it a 7-11 type of thing (gas/market) a block or two away? we need to know what time he arrived back home to find her missing. then again he could have "left at 11:30"... but who can confirm that?? anyone can go "take care of business" and then show up at a store to try and create an alibi.

again - i hope and pray she's ok out there somewhere. was she depressed after her stroke?

so many questions! sorry!
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

do you guys see the bruise under her left eye in both pics? she looks so much younger in the top pic. im scared for this girl right now.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

Are those two mugshot pictures? You know they are generally pretty harsh, especially without make-up. If so, I'll only note that in the lower one her eyes seem bright and clear; in the upper one, not so much.

Regarding the bruise ... maybe. But I also note a hint of it in the softer picture someone posted below, which may be from a different time. Here's my guess, she has fair skin and has developed the beginnings of hyperpigmentation (sun spots) due to sun exposure.

Just speaking from my own experience - I'm not nearly as fair-skinned, and I'm much older, but I have what looks like the exact same thing on one of my cheeks - all from sun...Makeup is my friend.

She hardly looks like the same person in those two pictures.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by diphi View Post
    Are those two mugshot pictures? You know they are generally pretty harsh, especially without make-up. If so, I'll only note that in the lower one her eyes seem bright and clear; in the upper one, not so much.

Regarding the bruise ... maybe. But I also note a hint of it in the softer picture someone posted below, which may be from a different time. Here's my guess, she has fair skin and has developed the beginnings of hyperpigmentation (sun spots) due to sun exposure.

Just speaking from my own experience - I'm not nearly as fair-skinned, and I'm much older, but I have what looks like the exact same thing on one of my cheeks - all from sun...Makeup is my friend.

IMO
    i would love for that to be what it is, diphi! thanks for throwing that option out there. it just seems like she may have had some rough times in her life and i hope she didn't endure any physical pain too. praying for a positive outcome here!
    ~ Maya Angelou

Her boyfriend last saw her on March 8 around 11:30 pm. She was home - he went to the store - came back and she was gone. Missing person alert sent out March 15 (why the 7 day wait??)

But this is what she was wearing:

She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, pink jogging pants, white tennis shoes and a black coat.

BBM

If she was home, why would she be wearing a coat?
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Her boyfriend last saw her on March 8 around 11:30 pm. She was home - he went to the store - came back and she was gone. Missing person alert sent out March 15 (why the 7 day wait??)

But this is what she was wearing:

She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, pink jogging pants, white tennis shoes and a black coat.

BBM

If she was home, why would she be wearing a coat?
    Good questions scorekeeper, why the wait and why would she be wearing a coat at home? Maybe the coat was missing too, so they assume she has it on? IDK. I don't have a good feeling about this one. Hope she is found safe soon!
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast