OK - Intruder enters church, eats food from fridge, steals a gallon of holy spirits

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
That would be a.k.a. "communion wine." As for the "assorted foreign currency" - ? widow's mites?

Intruder steals “holy spirits” from Edmond church (kfor.com)
EDMOND, Okla – Lighthouse Lutheran Church sits on the corner of Boulevard and 3rd St. near downtown Edmond.

Everyone is welcome there.

But church members prefer guests come through the front doors.
---
According to the police report, “Food had possibly been taken from the fridge,” along with “assorted foreign currency” and a least one gallon of “Communal wine.”
---
Edmond Police spokeperson Jenny Monroe told us, “It’s most likely just a homeless person. Somebody got inside, obviously they were hungry. They went for the fridge then took wine on the way out.”
---
with more and a video at the link

Well, like I told my kids after someone stole the collection money from our church a while back - it was probably someone who needed it. I hope whoever it was in OK left with a full belly!

As for the wine, well... A case can be made that theres a need for that, some days...lol. :crazy:

Back in my days as a Lutheran altar boy, the communion wine was some really rank, sweet, Manischewitz, which even the doctrine of transubstantiation couldn't perk up.

I have found that the episcopals tend to have the best wine, and usually a white! Wine thief needs to check google maps for his nearest parish. :D

Well, I'm Baptist so grape juice is the strongest they'll get, but someone did break in a couple of years ago and ate an entire pecan pie.

Back in my days as a Lutheran altar boy,

You, Sir? An Altar boy?

Filly for sure would break and enter for a homemade pecan pie. He** I'd break in for a praline.

You, Sir? An Altar boy?

Filly for sure would break and enter for a homemade pecan pie. He** I'd break in for a praline.
Hey, lighting candles in front of a Lenten crowd is not an easy task, let me just say. It's just you and subdued German hymns being played on organ in the background to entertain 'em at the start, lol. :/

The program where my husband and I cook dinner for up to 40 people 3 times a week as volunteers meets in the basement of a church. We've volunteered there for 7 years now. One night some young punks broke into the church, sprayed everything with the fire extinguishers, had races with the motorized wheelchairs and broke them, took meat from the freezer, thawed it in the micro, and cooked themselves hamburgers, leaving the kitchen a mess. They slept (and who knows what else) in a formal room with beautiful furnishings. When a church member came to the church in the morning, one of the punks was still there sleeping on one of the sofas. She ordered him to stay there while she called the police but he split in a hurry. No serious damage was done but the church was a big mess to clean up. The punks were never caught and the pastor said they wouldn't prosecute them if they were (I would if it were me). This was on the east side of Flint, MI, where crime runs rampant.

I was a young punk in a church basement once! Not my church; my best friend was the Presbyterian pastor's son, and had the keys. This church was big (for a small town) and old, and, while our own hijinx amounted to nothing more than drinking a few beers down there, area n'er-do-wells were rumored also to have keys and otherwise find their way in. The basement had a couple unlit, long back passages and there was always a certain thrilling trepidation in wondering if we were going to trip over some bum on our way to one room or another.

Seems to me that when someone breaks in, eats food, and drinks wine from a church, but doesn't destroy the property...seems to me that the person needed the sustenance very much.

Recently, I had my car broken into. Nothing taken but all the coinage in the console. If someone needed the insignificant cash that much to risk being caught burgling a car...well...see...I just can't get too upset. Did it upset me? Sure, that's years of coins tossed there for parking and tolls and whatnot. But shoot...I can't get too mad, you know?

Best-
Herding Cats

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member