Attn: ghoulsters! 1 BR bijou property, "tomb with a view," up to 50 guests, £8,000

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Extras: neighbors say it's haunted.

Any offers for a tomb with a view? Chapel and graveyard go on sale for £8,000 (Daily Mail)
This is one new home where you are guaranteed not to have a problem with noisy neighbours - a converted 17th-century chapel, complete with graveyard.

Residents in St Dials, Cwmbran, South Wales, have dubbed the ghoulish property the 'tomb with a view' after it was put up for sale at just £8,000.

Planning permission has been granted to turn the historic building into a bijou one-bedroom home, complete with the graveyard where up to 50 people are buried.

Auctioneer Paul Fosh said: 'It will make someone a very cosy, solid little home.

'And you wouldn't have to worry about any noise from the neighbours.'
---
The estate agent's blurb states: 'A detached chapel which is believed to date back to the 17th Century.

'The building is of stone construction under a pitch-tiled roof and we have been informed that it is not listed.

'It has planning for residential conversion - the site also offers potential for off road parking.'
---
more, with pictures of that special back yard, at link above

I wouldn't mind visiting, but certainly don't want to live there. I have a tough time sleeping through the night as it is.

You couldn't pay me to live there and you wouldn't have to, as, if my passport were current and I had £8,000 on hand, I'd live there in a heartbeat. Cymru ghosts - represent!

You couldn't pay me to live there and you wouldn't have to, as, if my passport were current and I had £8,000 on hand, I'd live there in a heartbeat. Cymru ghosts - represent!

Yeah pretty cool indeed.

I am not worried about the ghosts but it is a PC country and probably 1/8 acre at most. THAT would worry me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back