Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nannymo

Reaction score
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=579882

Not sure if this is where to start this thread. Mod, if it needs to be moved, please do so.

This is the area several people have always felt Hailey Dunn might be found. The article does not even suggest it might be her, but it sure is an area of great interest. I haven't been able to find anything else yet. Will keep looking.

From the article:
"Someone found the body in an area southwest of Snyder and reported it to the Scurry County Sheriff's Office, who then contacted the Texas Rangers and the Texas Dept. of Public Safety, said Trooper Sparky Dean of DPS."

BBM

Snipped

Law enforcement personnel from all three agencies have been at the location attempting to recover the body since Saturday afternoon and were back at what they are treating as a crime scene on Sunday.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=579882

Snipped

Investigators are attempting to exhume the body and send it for an autopsy. Right now they are unsure of the gender of the victim, or whether it is an adult or child.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/mar/17/decomposed-body/

This could be HUGE if it is Hailey...Thank you for posting this Nannymo!
At first, thought it would read human remains found, if it was Hailey, but from the articles it seems the body was buried which hopefully enabled it to remain intact. Hope they send her to the Tarrant Co. Medical Examiner (Fort Worth). Interesting, too, that the TX Ranger called in was the same one that worked Hailey's case, Sparky Dean, iirc

from the link:

The body appears to have been there a while, judging from how much it has decomposed, and authorities have not been able to yet determine age or gender, Dean said.

Wow fhc. I missed that being Sparky Dean. He was the DPS trooper on Hailey's case. I just wish I could find out specifically where they found the remains.

Nannymo, normally unidentified remains threads are put in the Unidentified remains forum. But since Hailey has a forum, I think we should leave this here until we know if this is her or not. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I've let our UID moderator know so he can check in too. He might know of other missing people in this area.

FWIW Lake Thomas is due west of Dunn.

Thanks Kimster. This is just so close to the POI's house and the area of interest he was traveling that day, I felt this could be very big news. Even if it isn't Hailey, unfortunately this person belongs to someone.

The article almost sounds like it was buried, but not really sure. Maybe just partially buried. Otherwise, how could someone "find" it if it was totally buried? Maybe clothing was removed to make ID more difficult. The wait will be excruciating.

This one has me paying attention. If Lake JBT is really where the remains were found, that has always been a major focus for us mapping and while it was searched by a variety of groups, no way would I ever have called it cleared.

Hoping for answers. Thoughts are with this UID and his/her loved ones. :rose:

This one has me paying attention. If Lake JBT is really where the remains were found, that has always been a major focus for us mapping and while it was searched by a variety of groups, no way would I ever have called it cleared.

Yes I too am paying close attention. Came right over when I read the news to see what ya'll are thinking. I have been reading past history to refresh my memory. I do find it pretty incredible that the hospital is only about 18 minutes from Lake Thomas.....

Praying for answers!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

do have to wonder what the poi(s) thinking is right now, kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46