1213 users online (274 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

Police are questioning friends and relatives of a missing Fort Bragg soldier who is believed to be in danger.

Kelli Bordeaux, 23, was last seen early Saturday morning leaving Froggy Bottoms bar in Fayetteville, N.C. The private first class, who is stationed at nearby Fort Bragg, was reported missing on Monday by base officials, police said.

"There is some information we've gathered that makes us concerned for her safety," said Fayetteville Police spokesperson Gavin MacRoberts. He declined to go into more detail due to the ongoing investigation.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/soldier-kel...2#.T43PWO19GXw

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wt...06_448x252.jpg

Bordeaux is described as standing 5' tall and weighing 99 pounds. She has blond hair and brown eyes. The soldier was reportedly last seen wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.

Fayetteville Police Public Information Officer Gavin MacRoberts said based on information gathered during the investigation, detectives believe she may be in danger and are asking for anyone who may have seen her to contact police at (910)433-1856
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=8624607

Bordeaux was last seen leaving Froggy Bottoms bar, at 6326 Ramsey St., around 1:20 a.m. Saturday. She was wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10991835/

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/apr/...ld-ar-2173710/

Article about NH's original RSO charges

Missing Persons Report

Press Conference, April 26, 2012, courtesy of Chili Fries

Photos from the night Kelli Bordeaux disappeared

Case Map

Verified Locals
    voh910

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Last edited by KateB; 05-17-2015 at 04:28 PM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

One Year Anniversary Approaching for Missing Soldier
    March 5, 2013
    FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- It has been nearly one year since a Fort Bragg soldier vanished, and there's a new push to find out what happened to her.
    Fayetteville police investigators told ABC11 they are working on leads in the case of Kelli Bordeaux, but they are not elaborating beyond that.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

"Nothing has led us further than him, and I mean that is kind of where we are staying at," Cox said -
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=9017118

Interesting way of saying "he did it", no?

Been reading up on this case for the past couple of days. What stands out to me is that NH was giving interviews and talking about Kelli, yet her husband MB, barely said anything and when he did, it was a lie as to the status of their marriage. No wonder he doesn't speak. Why is he not speaking out and trying to keep Kelli's name in the public???

Going along that line with the thought that he might have been able to go to NC from FL and back again undetected, as far as his cell phone is concerned, he could easily have left it on, on vibrate and put it in the back of his parents car without them knowing it, and let them drive around with it during that time and no one would be the wiser. He could have retrieved it later.

Both are still on my radar. It's a shame that it's been almost a year since Kelli disappeared and LE hasn't gotten anything strong enough to locate her, dead or alive.

I agree about putting her body where there are alligators. The evidence is probably gone for good. If there is a case, it's probably going to have to be circumstantial. IMO. JMO. MOO.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

Quote Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
    Been reading up on this case for the past couple of days. What stands out to me is that NH was giving interviews and talking about Kelli, yet her husband MB, barely said anything and when he did, it was a lie as to the status of their marriage. No wonder he doesn't speak. Why is he not speaking out and trying to keep Kelli's name in the public???

Going along that line with the thought that he might have been able to go to NC from FL and back again undetected, as far as his cell phone is concerned, he could easily have left it on, on vibrate and put it in the back of his parents car without them knowing it, and let them drive around with it during that time and no one would be the wiser. He could have retrieved it later.

Both are still on my radar. It's a shame that it's been almost a year since Kelli disappeared and LE hasn't gotten anything strong enough to locate her, dead or alive.

I agree about putting her body where there are alligators. The evidence is probably gone for good. If there is a case, it's probably going to have to be circumstantial. IMO. JMO. MOO.

i agree that we don't have enough evidence to know for sure, but i still lean towards le having some kind of direct alibi that the husband was in florida. they've made it clear several times that they're not focused on him, and seem to be focused on nh.

in a lot of these cases the spouse looks guilty because of not helping search or not speaking out, but behind the scenes le often asks them to keep quiet about details of the case and also sometimes requests that they NOT search because it can cast doubts on evidence if it's found by someone who could potentially be a suspect (if the husband finds the body then everyone goes 'oh man he did it').

anyway, i think it's smart not to close any doors since we don't have a lot of info, but i still think there's a greater chance the sex offender who took her home and has a convenient story had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by masootz View Post
    anyway, i think it's smart not to close any doors since we don't have a lot of info, but i still think there's a greater chance the sex offender who took her home and has a convenient story had something to do with it.
    RSBM: I agree about the SO. That whole thing seems shady. IMO
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

Thinking of Kelli

$25,000 reward offered for info on missing Fort Bragg soldier

http://www.wral.com/-25-000-reward-o...dier/12254913/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

$25,000 reward offered for information.

Quote Originally Posted by masootz View Post

$25,000 reward offered for information.
    I wonder if this is in addition to the original $8k posted, not that I think it will really make a difference. :/

Quote Originally Posted by VOH910 View Post
    I wonder if this is in addition to the original $8k posted, not that I think it will really make a difference. :/
    In all the cases I've been following in the past couple of years, a reward has not helped.

Does anyone know of a recent missing person case where it has?

The only thing I've seen it do is generate a bit of media attention, so it helps as far as that goes... and it would be better then for rewards to be incrementally increased every month or two (an thus garner attention), rather than put up in one lump sum... all IMO.

A reward may have helped in the Eve Carson case. I think a lot of tips came from it.
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

Quote Originally Posted by VOH910 View Post
    Never heard of a reward helping solve a missing person case, but it does generate some media. Also, very unusual that a reward is only offered for one year.

Kelli, I think of you often. I talk about you with my co-workers. However, I drove to Fayetteville yesterday......I thought of you the entire time.
    http://websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76088_1.gif

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast