1167 users online (187 members and 980 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Girl Shot While In Line For Shoes

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/girl-sh...oes?hpt=ju_bn4

An 11 year old girl was shot in Springfield Saturday morning while waiting in line to buy shoes.

Springfield police Sgt. Kenneth Murray told 22News the girl was shot in the leg while waiting to buy the newest pair of Air Jordan sneakers.

Police think she was just caught in the crossfire. However, to many shopping in the area, it was senseless.

“I think it's terrible, I mean I hope things like this don't happen all the time around here but I feel like they do,” said Janelle Castonguay of Wilbraham.

“I just don't understand why someone would do something like that, it's very silly,” said Gary Yard of West Springfield.

Police helicopters were called in to help with the investigation.

Employees of the MadRag store off of Boston Road spent the morning cleaning up the glass shattered by the bullet but it was the shoe store next door that people were waiting to enter around 8:30 Saturday morning.

Police say there was a line of about 30 or 40 people waiting outside of the shoe store before the store opened.

It's an incident that people feel are happening too often.

“It's just unnecessary violence in the city, actually all over the country and we're getting used to it. We're expecting something to get done but nothings getting done it seems like it's getting worse,” said Tod Jackson of Springfield.

The girl's family has been notified and she is expected to be ok. Police are still investigating.
    I hope they find the shooter.

“I just don't understand why someone would do something like that, it's very silly,” said Gary Yard of West Springfield quoted from above.
    When a shooting is discribed as silly - its definatley happening to often. JMO MOO