***Day 5 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Gerard Baden Clay Committal Hearing - 18th, 19th & 20th March 2013 - Brisbane Magistrate's Court.

Please remember & abide by the rules located at the following link...

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you have a problem with a post, please use the "red triangle" alert button located at top right corner of each post.

If you require assistance with anything please feel free to PM either myself or one of our other mods.

Thanks everyone

Marly

Adding in my favourite photo of Allison. Over the last 11 months or so, while pulling up media reports, I must have looked at this photo of Allison over a 1,000 times. Each & every time I've looked at it, I've said to her "justice will prevail".

Here's hoping today's Committal Hearing will take us another step closer to that Justice for Allison.

Allison20Baden-Clay-420x0.jpg

Morning! Sneaking peaks from work again! lol.... Cant wait to see what news awaits us today!

oops that was supposed to say "peeks" , i can spell! lol ;)

I know that yesterday I didnt thank all of the attendees at the courtroom, who posted such truly astonishing cameo's of the goings on.. your insights and perceptions were varied and yet all consistent and so fablulously well constructed and presented...

I read them again this morning, and was deeply impressed by them all. 2nd and 3rd readings only underlined the excrutiating attention to detail, the kind of detail that makes the opaque clear. You beady eyed ladies probably perform this stuff on a daily basis, and with no fanfare about it, but on this day, I was the recipient of that skill.. great stuff.. thankyou to you all, you know who you are.

Morning everyone, would like to take this time to thank you all for your terrific posts, to thank those that are/have been going to the court and for the great summary they have written for us re the days events. I would also like to thank those that are keeping us updated with twitter. Thanks so much for those who have made this site possible so we can all communicate..it is a fantastic site !!!!

FIRST TIMER... I just want to comment on your last post in the other thread {but it closed before I could, haha}

I am not one that will disagree with what you wrote. I know what you mean. Regardless of what we think of TM's morals etc, she was sucked in by the a man who is a con man in probably every area of his life. Money, friendships, relationships, whatever!
As I said yesterday a person doesn't have to be dumb or even naive to fall for this. And these men {sometimes women too} know exactly who to pick. He thought TM was going to be an easy one because she loved him and pretty much agreed to go along with whatever he wanted... Who knows what rubbish he told her. There is a very good chance that he lied to her about Allison, you can almost put a wager on that.
There are many men & women out there who have affairs, not good but it happenes. But most of the wronged wives don't end up DEAD. This is my point. When all is said and done it is wholey & solely on GBC. HE was the one who chose to do what he did. If he was a man he would have dealt with pressure from TM differently.
How many mistresses put pressure on their lover? Heaps... and how many of those husbands actually murder their wife? Not many.
Like you, I don't defend what TM did at all, not one bit.

There's a whole courtroom of victims there to varying degrees.

David Murray‏@TheMurrayD
Evidence expected today about plant material found with Allison Baden-Clay. @couriermail

My problem with TM is she appears to have selective memory, only remembering what suits her. I also don't believe she is being honest, her truth is some where in between her selective memory and her desire to save GBC from the slammer.

I just looked again at Allison's phone records and had hubby check it out too. He agrees it's a HUGE coincidence but without the phone, there's no way to prove anything there. He also said "The first suspect in these cases is always the husband or wife. It beats me why they still do it, they still think they can get away with it!'

My problem with TM is she appears to have selective memory, only remembering what suits her. I also don't believe she is being honest, her truth is some where in between her selective memory and her desire to save GBC from the slammer.
That's true. But I don't think GBC would be very happy with what she's revealed so far. :)
Surely by now he must be thinking "Hey, this might not go my way."

Kate Kyriacou‏@KateKyriacou
The Baden-Clay committal will start at 9.30am today. We'll be hearing from a series of forensic experts. @news_com_au @couriermail

I want to echo the thanks to all who attend the court and post twitter updates and media links etc. You're all doing a splendid job sharing the information and your insights.

I just looked again at Allison's phone records and had hubby check it out too. He agrees it's a HUGE coincidence but without the phone, there's no way to prove anything there. He also said "The first suspect in these cases is always the husband or wife. It beats me why they still do it, they still think they can get away with it!'

I've always wondered that too. Why bother killing your partner? Surely even a messy divorce that leaves you penniless is going to be better than spending years in jail, and leaving your kids with no parents? It is senseless, isn't it?
Nothing is achieved in the end , just an awful lot of misery. Divorce would be the better option in all cases.

YES, massive, huge thankyou to those in the court and those doing the twitter feeds! Great job and much appreciated. :)

YES, massive, huge thankyou to those in the court and those doing the twitter feeds! Great job and much appreciated. :D

I will be away from my computer for a few hours from 9.45am today. Just sending out a call to the troops to see who might be available to post the Twitter feeds.

I've always wondered that too. Why bother killing your partner? Surely even a messy divorce that leaves you penniless is going to be better than spending years in jail, and leaving your kids with no parents? It is senseless, isn't it?
Nothing is achieved in the end , just an awful lot of misery. Divorce would be the better option in all cases.

Because people think they are smarter than everyone else and can convince people of anything. They are beyond reproach. Eg jodi arias. But it is not looking too good for her.

Well said. As my 33 year old daughter said , what ever happened to old fashioned divorce ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni