708 users online (83 members and 625 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Dallas man who dismembered corpse to be released from mental hospital

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Man-w...198867601.html

Man who dismembered corpse to be released from mental hospital

"These are very violent acts, and it's progressing, and it's going to progress, and society needs to be afraid," the unnamed source said.
    News 8 obtained some of Staley's journals. They are graphic.
    He writes:
    "I love it. When I look into my eyes, I see the devil looking back at me. I want to cut you open and see your insides. I feel like Jeff Dahmer is my mirror mind."
    In another passage, Staley writes:
    "I'm sick, I guess. That's what they say. I want to tie your intestines around your neck and suffocate your lifeless body."
    "He has stated over and over again that he will kill when he gets out, because that is his mission from Satan," the News 8 source said.

He will be released Thursday and I'm not ashamed to say...I am fearful for everyone.

His name is Daniel Wayne Staley

(Shudder.)

Not enough caseworkers. We need to spend to protect ourselves and to treat those with mental illnesses, and not waste it overseas on hugely expensive and ultimately meaningless wars. Six trillion dollars on the war in Iraq, yet I'm sure the sequester will very much affect social programs at home. As Melville wrote, "Oh what are our creeds, and how do we hope to be saved?"

Why exactly can't he be kept in the mental hospital for life? Where are they going to release him? Since his relatives are said to be in hiding, I guess he will be homeless roaming the streets?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Why exactly can't he be kept in the mental hospital for life?
    Lack of funds for such care. Mental health has such a stigma that it often gets its funding cut.

Moo.

And if that doesn't speak volumes for our hugely failing mental health care system in our country, then nothing does.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

O.m.g.

Oh.My.God.

This is scary. Will he roam the streets and murder and dismember again? imo

Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    This is scary. Will he roam the streets and murder and dismember again? imo
    To be fair to the man, he isn't a murderer. He ...er..dug up a corpse and chopped its feet off.

Still, doesn't sound like someone who should be roaming the streets, and given that his family want nothing to do with him, where is he even going to go when he's released?

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    To be fair to the man, he isn't a murderer. He ...er..dug up a corpse and chopped its feet off.

Still, doesn't sound like someone who should be roaming the streets, and given that his family want nothing to do with him, where is he even going to go when he's released?
    Still lol-ing. Wanted to point out that first bit too but abandoned all hope.

Ah. Now I feel better.

It's all about the money. Ugh. He will be back in the news shortly, I fear.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

I apologize for the mistake.

He 's still dangerous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Still lol-ing. Wanted to point out that first bit too but abandoned all hope.
    You abandoned all hope? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    You abandoned all hope? Why?
    Abandoned all hope of finding a semi-proper way of alluding to the fact that the fellow wasn't a murderer, "just" a grave-robber and corpse-dismemberer. Somehow the difference between the two began to seem negligible, lol. Cappucino handled the task well in the post I quoted.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast