Identified! OR - Mollala, Wht/AsianFem UP10017, 18-25, Sep'87 - Tawnia Johnston

EmmaliLucia

Reaction score
I absolutely can not believe that this woman isn't on Websleuths, but I searched and couldn't find her.

Namus UP Case 10017: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10017

2dd451b6-5f9b-40d5-80a6-8a29033b9362.jpg

Unidentified Female

* Victim was Discovered September 8th, 1987
* Estimated date of death: Months prior
* State or Remains: Not recognizable. Partial Remains with Soft Tissues

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18-25 years old.
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" Estimated and unknown weight.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown hair or eye color.
* Clothing: None
* Medical: This decedent is currently referred to as "Jane Doe #6": original skeletal examination by Dr. Lewman indicated she was probably "short, stocky, of Indian, Asian, or Asian-Caucasian mix".
There were saw marks observed on her left femoral shaft and saw marks located on her right tibia.
* Dentals: Available. X-rays are available.
* DNA: Only mitochondrial results obtained. Complete mitochondrial DNA profile uploaded to NDIS.
* Fingerprints: Not available.
* Other: Possibly Dayton LeeRoy Rogers victim

Circumstances
Skeletal remains of an unidentified young adult female, possibly of Asian decent or Caucasian/Asian genetic admixture, were discovered outside of Molalla, Oregon in a rural wooded area.

Here's another picture:

Attachments

• Victim.jpg
    Victim.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 85
So here is my little list, I've only done Washington and Oregon Missing persons, and also I have the hardest time seeing an Asian woman in their reconstructions.

Dianne Robbins
robbins_diane.jpg

Otherwise known as the only Asian that had similar stats
Charley Project
Pros: She's the right ethnicity, she's also really close in height,
Cons: She would have been 15 if she had stayed alive until 1987, which is three years young. Also her friend was found dead in Washington a month later. And she wasn't living a high-risk lifestyle, according to family she probably would have gone home if she had the chance.

Doris Lavonne Mulhern
mulhern_doris.jpg

Charley Project
PROS: Age-range fits, height is close, time-frame fits.
CONS: ethnicity doesn't fit, and Idk if Dayton ever went all the way up to Seattle to pick up girls, I think he went straight from 82nd Ave to the Mollala forest.

Linda Louise Jackson
jackson_linda.jpg

Charley Project
They claim she was last seen in 1983, but she was literally never reported missing. She could have realized how scary it was to prostitute out in Seattle and moved to a quieter Portland. There's just no proof that she died in 1983, if at all.
PROS: age range, I don't know what the Dr. meant by Indian, but people call Native Americans Indians all the time. Occupation
CONS: height is off, and time-frame is a little bit of a stretch

Alexis Christina Owens
owens_alexis.jpg

Charley Project
PROS: Height, time-frame, and she was in California after she was last seen, she could have been hitching her way back up to Washington and met her fate in Portland.
CONS: Two years too young, and the fact that she was arrested in Cali after she was last seen probably would throw off the timeline a bit.

Pollyanne Jean Carter
carter_pollyanne.jpg

Charley Project
PROS: Age and possible prostitution
CONS: Timeframe is a bit of a stretch (But not too bad), and height

And my "Probably not but I'd kick myself if I didn't add:
Elizabeth A. Eisel
Wendy L. Aughe
Carlota Maria Sanchez or her cousin Elsie Eldora Luscier

Here's a new addition to NamUs:

Tawnia Jarie Johnston

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21450/0

Although her Age LKA is listed in NamUs as 20 years old (on 01-Apr-1987), she is listed in Ancestry.com with a DOB 07-Sep-1968, meaning that she would have been 18 on 01-Apr-1987.

There is a Tawnie Johnston who went to Churchill High School, Class of 1987. This appears to be the same person as the "Tawnia J Johnston" listed in Ancestry, and probably the same person as the "Tawnia Jarie Johnston" listed in NamUs.

Here is her Sophomore photo from the 1985 Chruchill HS yearbook.

7b507bf4-1c18-48b7-803a-6b4210e094b5.jpg

I've been told by a reliable source that this decedent has been ID'd as Tawnie Jarie Johnston

7b507bf4-1c18-48b7-803a-6b4210e094b5.jpg

Notice the misspelled names in the article. Wonder if that had been problem in the past?

I have high suspicions that a mysterious grave one of my colleagues found in a Molalla Cemetery may belong to Ms. Johnson; who may have yet to be interred in Eugene. Her headstone is still shown as a Jane Doe.

Attachments

• 99528797_135111031221.jpg
    99528797_135111031221.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 20
Answered my own question.

Police ID 8th victim of Ore. serial killer Rogers

I wonder if the gravestone you reference is another of this guy's Victim's.
I think this grave is also Ms. Johnston's, its just that no one has updated her headstone. One of my colleagues helping me in the Finley Creek Jane Doe research had found this grave, and I submitted it to the MEO months ago, and they were baffled by the find. The Death Investigator, Cathy Phelps, has been trying to get answers about the grave before I found Ms. Johnston's Find A Grave profile. Both photos in both Find A Grave profiles match the headstone.

I have emailed both ladies so that way they can go ahead and get the headstone changed so future researchers won't be scratching their heads about this grave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back