Thread: Another pregnant mother murdered at the hands of her husband.

Hybrid View

Another pregnant mother murdered at the hands of her husband.

Trial set for Griffith man accused of killing pregnant wife
    HOMICIDE: David Green faces 130 years if convicted, but not the death penalty

BY RUTHANN ROBINSON
    rrobinson@nwitimes.com

This story ran on nwitimes.com on Tuesday, March 8, 2005 12:40 AM CST

ADVERTISEMENT

CROWN POINT | A Griffith man accused of killing his pregnant wife and the baby boy she was within days of delivering will go on trial May 2.

David Michael Green, 29, appeared in court Monday. He has pleaded not guilty to the double murder charge.

Green agreed to provide police with a statement in exchange for the state agreeing not to seek the death penalty. He faces 130 years in prison if convicted on both counts.

Upon his arrest, Green told police he had dinner with his estranged wife, Stacy Green, and their two children Nov. 2 at her home at 1216 N. Arbogast St., Griffith.

David Green told police that after the children went to bed he told Stacy Green, 29, he was seeing another woman and she became angry. He said she picked up a knife so he kicked her several times to defend himself. He said he put his arm around her neck, squeezed hard and felt something pop before she went limp, according to the probable cause affidavit.

Green said when he laid her on the floor, he saw blood coming from her neck. Lake County Coroner David Pastrick said Stacy Green died of a stab wound to the left side of the neck that cut her right carotid artery and fractured her cervical spine.

Rather than call for help, Green said he washed off the knife and put it back in the drawer, then went to his girlfriend's house for the night.

The next morning Green called his 5-year-old son asking to talk with Mommy. When his son said she couldn't come to the phone, Green repeatedly asked him to get Mommy. The boy finally said Mommy was on the floor and there was blood.

That's when Green called 911.

The couple had been married for eight years but separated for the past two.

A pretrial hearing is scheduled for March 31.

What an a-hole !! First he kills his wife - then he leaves her there for their children to find her ???? He needs to rot in prison !!
    That poor little boy will probably always remember seeing his mommy like that !

What a son-of-a-b*tch!

When police arrived at Stacy Green's house at 1216 N. Arbogast they found the boy standing by a couch with his 4-year-old sister and their mother dead next to the refrigerator.

I totaly agree what these son-of-a *itches do their wifes/girlfriends and children they only think of themselves and I know in Lake County, IN if the jury finds him guilty which I'm sure they will the judges will sentence him to the max. I know Lake County Prosecutor Bernard C. Lake County is a very large county and he has to deal with all the crime out of Gary Indiana and I'm sure people have heard of that city it used to be a booming city but once the steel mills starting laying people off then some shutting down the crime has sky rocketed.

What a sicko! First to kill the mother of your children and your unborn child, but then to call and get your 5 yr old son to go "look" at his mom's body!!!!! If they need a volunteer to administer the injection.....my hand is up. We've got to toughen up the laws in this country. This is happening way too much lately.

That's one of the worst things I've ever heard of.

To those who commented regarding this case, the family of Stacy Green thanks you for your support. It has been a difficult time for all of us & it helps to know that there are many people out there who are supportive & care about the impact this has had on her children. It will be a very rough road ahead for them & all of her family. Please pray for the children & us & please continue to support us during this tragic time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nettyjeen For This Useful Post:

Prayers to Stacy's family and especially her poor children. I know it's important to get a statement from the prisoner to help make the case, but imo, he should be sentenced to death.

Exclamation Keep in touch with this case

I understand that the trial is scheduled for sometime in October. To stay in touch with the goings on, go to Nwitimes.com, then, click on "Lake News". I will try and keep those of you who are interested, up to date. Just e mail me and I will forward any info I get on this case.

The murder trial is scheduled for Oct 24 however David Green filed a motion for bail (yes I said bail) & that trial is scheduled for the last two days of June & July 1

The beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    I just don't understand for the life of me how a man can kill his wife and his unborn child. Where does this behavior come from?

Prayers to her children and family.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to browneyes For This Useful Post:

Post Pre trial hearing and trial date

A pre trial hearing is slated for Feb 10th 06' and the trial is set for March 6th 06' in Crown Point Indiana.This Information was obtained on the Lake County In. Court Docket

Jimski.

You are almost there. I know it has to have been hell waiting for this trial and especially with that killer out on bail living his life as if nothing has happened.
    At the pretrial you will get a good idea of what is going to come out in the trial. Just knowing that you have gotten that far will help.

Trials seem to take forever. I guess it is hard for us to understand why when a person has been arrested for murder they shouldn't go right on into a trial.
    Most of the time it is at least a year before the trial from the time of the arrest. The defense comes up with all kinds of reasons for delaying the time of the trial...motions and everything else they can think of. As hard as it is to wait though we always know that eventially there will be a trial and that person is going to be locked up for a long long time.

One thing that I'm puzzled about is the killer's statement to LE. He was to give a statement in order to avoid the death penalty. Was he supposed to give an honest statement or just whatever statement he wanted to give?

According to the killer he was acting in self defense and he grabbed Stacey around the neck and broke her neck. According to the autopsy report she was stabbed in the neck and that is why she died. If he had broken her neck there would have been no blood but according to his statement there was blood and he left her there laying on the floor. To my way of thinking if this killer didn't give an honest statement then that statement shouldn't be worth the paper it was written on. It shouldn't save him from the death penalty.

This killer hasn't had his children since being out on bail has he? I sure hope not. A good loving father would never have left his little children by themselves to wake up and find their mother like that. He has no right to even visit those children.

I wonder if this killer will even show up for his pretrial hearing or for the trial for that matter. How did he get bail and how much was it? Did someone mortage their home so he could get out on bail?

I hope you will keep us posted here. I really would like to know what happens in the pretrial and the trial. I want this killer to get everything that he deserves. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and especially those little kids who will grow up without any parents and have to live with the knowledge that their father murdered their mother. I hope that they are getting some help in counseling.....it really does help children is this type of a situation. I know as my grandaughter was in the same situation when she was nearly 4 yrs old.

Its been a long time. I want to tell everyone that I'm sorry that I did not finish this thread and keep everyone informed. I hope that I am going to do this right. Here is a link to Stacy and Baby Nate web site. I want to thank the people at Web Sleuths for opening this site again. I will try to answer any questions, there is so much to fill out. The web site is Stacyskids.com I will make sure that I put a linq to the Webseuths site also.....Thank you all.....Jim

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimski For This Useful Post: