678 users online (103 members and 575 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

Now we are 10: Minnesota couple adopts six siblings in one fell swoop!

The kindest couple in America? Minnesota family of four becomes
    ten overnight after husband and wife adopt SIX siblings at once
    (Daily Mail)
    A Minnesota family of four has become a family of 10 overnight after a selfless couple decided to adopt six homeless siblings in one go.

Jennifer and Nathan Johnson, of Coon Rapids, adopted the four girls and two boys aged from 16 to three after being moved by their story online.

Featured on the Minnesota Adoption Resource Network, the children were suddenly sent to foster care after their mother with developmental disabilities was unable to care for them and their father suffered a debilitating brain injury after falling down the stairs.

The couple were looking to adopt one child not six but they couldn't get the picture of Danielle,16, Josephine,12, Hannah, 10, Sam, 7, Nathan, 5, and Gabby, 3, out of their minds, the Star Tribune reports.

Jennifer Johnson, 37, explained: 'I looked at their picture and I said, ‘Who would want to take six kids?’. I showed it to my friends. I couldn’t stop thinking about them.'
    the rest of the story, with pictures of the big clan, at link above

What a lovely story! Bless them.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Upstate NY
    This one improved my mood instantly.

What a great thing to do...they have big hearts!

So often siblings cannot be placed together and it's heartbreaking...

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Washington State
    Wonderful people. But I can't help wondering if the kids get to see their birth parents once in while.