BD now questions SA's story about Hailey's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocomod

Reaction score
Thank you, cocomod, for posting this in Hailey's media thread!

When Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn went missing in late 2010, her mother defended live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins, claiming she didn’t believe he had anything to do with her daughter’s disappearance.

Now, Billie Dunn isn’t so sure.

"I think it's a possibility, a good possibility (Adkins was involved), after seeing the way he reacted when we broke up – and (when) I think back to what local law enforcement had told me and been trying to tell me. I just thought it wasn't true,” Billie Dunn told KTXS in an exclusive interview Wednesday.

(snip)

http://www.ktxs.com/news/HAILEY-DUN...nce/-/14769632/19408954/-/b12h6y/-/index.html

For all of you who have followed much closer than me, if I go back and read will I find out how mom got ' out of the hot seat' and bf got in it? They both had poly weirdness and I'm guessing somewhere along the way the bf did or said something that elevated him to POI and mom somehow got herself a little more clear. OR is mom still not cleared necessarily ? tks !

From the article Noting her relationship with Adkins ended a while ago, Billie Dunn said she no longer talks to Adkins or trusts him.

"We have no contact whatsoever and haven't in a long time – and I don't want any contact with him,” she said. “When I finally did get him to move out, he started harassing me badly. I saw another side of Shawn. He harassed me day-in and day-out, at work, at home….cussing me, threatening me.”

And contrary to what some people think, that she was clearly aware of Adkins’ involvement in her daughter’s disappearance, Billie Dunn said she hasn’t covered for Adkins.

Not true. More than six months after splitting up with Shawn on an open facebook page she asked him to send her a friends invite . This is what gets me she knows many people saw this so why lie about it?

She's kinda slow on the uptake. It might surprise her to know that there are bells she cant unring. Maybe she will cut a deal and tell what she knows.

She's kinda slow on the uptake. It might surprise her to know that there are bells she cant unring. Maybe she will cut a deal and tell what she knows.

I hope Shawn does. He i think may just tell the truth but she never will even if they was putting the needle in her arm.

She is not slow in the slightest. She strikes me as a domineering type of woman, who surrounds herself with weak men who basically do what she wants them to do. Every so often they rebel and then the wrath of god descends on them. Both CD and SA seem that type.

I think that is essentially how she works.

She is not slow in the slightest. She strikes me as a domineering type of woman, who surrounds herself with weak men who basically do what she wants them to do. Every so often they rebel and then the wrath of god descends on them. Both CD and SA seem that type.

I am leaning more this way myself. I did wonder if maybe she was beholden to SA for egotistical reasons, younger good looking man, you're as young as whoever you feel etc, so much so she could forgive his betrayal if he remained with her. But now I think the power balance could well be in her favour.

I also don't think she is dumb. The lies and inconsistencies have been successful so far. She still has supporters, she has garnered assistance from experienced people repeatedly (klaas, mcgonigle, two PIs, lawyers).

Maybe BD has sour grapes that they broke up?

Sad that THIS is what took her to suspect him (I personally think she was in the know all along). Nothing to do with Hailey

Hey Tug, we actually AGREE on something. LOL :toast:

Interesting timing.

The latest body was found on March 17th and she comes out with these accusations against SA on the 21st?

I agree with that. She is very very dominating although Shawn has threatened violence so I wouldnt really call him a weak man either.

I am leaning more this way myself. I did wonder if maybe she was beholden to SA for egotistical reasons, younger good looking man, you're as young as whoever you feel etc, so much so she could forgive his betrayal if he remained with her. But now I think the power balance could well be in her favour.

I also don't think she is dumb. The lies and inconsistencies have been successful so far. She still has supporters, she has garnered assistance from experienced people repeatedly (klaas, mcgonigle, two PIs, lawyers).

Someone put one of the PIs in contact with her she didnt seek him out. That PI now believes shes firmly guilty.

Maybe BD has sour grapes that they broke up?

Sad that THIS is what took her to suspect him (I personally think she was in the know all along). Nothing to do with Hailey

Shawn actually claimed on facebook some time ago that he broke up with her due to problems she has.

I agree with everything in your post, Tugela! IMO, BD plays the "poor-me-I'm-a-victim" card when the harsh light of suspicion is cast upon her & she'll throw anyone & everyone under the bus in an effort to shore up the ridiculously thin veil of lies she's hoping to have conned others into believing.

I too, agree with Ya'lls assessment of BD. I just find it incredulous that she expects people to believe her BS. I mean come on BD, LE stated your live in lover was a suspect in the disappearance of your child but you continued to crawl in bed with the man night, after night, after night. BD lied to LE about the whereabouts of this man that was suspected of doing harm to her child. He failed a polygraph when questioned about the disappearance of her child Hailey and now 2 years later she thinks he may have some involvement. Disgusting.

I agree with everything in your post, Tugela! IMO, BD plays the "poor-me-I'm-a-victim" card when the harsh light of suspicion is cast upon her & she'll throw anyone & everyone under the bus in an effort to shore up the ridiculously thin veil of lies she's hoping to have conned others into believing.

Yes, It is always "poor me" but never, ever has it been poor Hailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth