GUILTY MD - Emily Cagal, 24, Rockville, 2 March 2005

I pray they find her soon.

Thanks for posting this!

Love & prayers,

Ariel

The 11:00 news tonight in the Baltimore area had a story on about Emily. She works for a company based in Reisterstown, MD that supplies dancing girls for entertainment at bachelor parties. Someone from the company (owner, manager?) said she has never gone this long without talking to her. They do not know if her disappearance is related to her job. When she went out on a job she always had a male driver with her to help her with the money and security. She did not use her real name when working. I think they said she has worked for the company for 2 years.

Maybe it will help that they showed her picture on the news.

God bless her. WHY Does it take the media/cops this long to really say what this girl was about, and what might have happened to her?

This girl is a party stripper. WHY did no one say, for days and days, that she's a party stripper?

I have a case near and dear to my heart - my best friend found a strippers bag behind her house. There was about $500 worth of leather boots, costmetics, stripper dresses, etc, in this bag that was ditched behind her house. She called the cops on three separate occasions to report finding this ditched bag with CASH in it, and makeup, no one cared. Who knows what happened to that woman who owned the bag, she's probably long dead.

This girl was a stripper and God knows whatever happened to her.

The Montgomery County Police Major Crimes Division is investigating the report of a missing person who is considered missing under suspicious circumstances.

Emily Cagal was expected to arrive in Florida on Friday, March 4, to meet friends. She did not arrive there as planned. The last time she was reported being seen in Montgomery County was Wednesday, March 2, 2005.

Ms. Cagal is a 24-year-old white female, 5’0” tall, weighing 120 pounds, with medium-length brown/blond hair with red streaks. She resides in the 10200 block of Grosvenor Place in Rockville. Her car, described as a black 2005 Acura MDX SUV, with Maryland registration 88052CB, is also missing.

Anyone with information regarding her whereabouts or the location of her car is asked to call the Major Crimes Division at 240-773-5070 or Crime Solvers of Montgomery County, toll-free, at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477).

Press Release with photo of Emily and the car

Updated: Wednesday, Mar. 9, 2005 - 1:45 PM

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - We're learning more about why investigators consider the disappearance of a Bethesda woman to be suspicious.

Twenty-four-year-old Emily Cagal hasn't been seen since Wednesday of last week. She was supposed to meet friends in Florida last Friday, but didn't show up.

Montgomery County police say Cagal's 2005 Acura was found Tuesday night on Blain Street in Northeast Washington. They don't know what it was doing there, but plan to search the car for clues, including fingerprints.

Also, when officers went to her Bethesda home, they found her dog there, which they say is unusual for Cagal. The dog is now with friends.

Anyone with information on Emily Cagal is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS.

Prayers of HOPE for Emily, Lanie

Why is thread titled - "Rockville Girl Missing?"

I don't mean to be technical - yet when I looked at the title, all I could think of is, here we go again and I was hoping this wasn't another Jessica Lunsford case.

Someone at the age of 24 years old is considered a full, functioning, self supporting woman to me. I also have no problem with her disappearance being reported here, yet I think there's a difference between reporting missing children (girl/boy) vs. missing adults.

Would we refer to a male of this age as being a boy? No.

DS

Her name is Emily Cagal

I believe MarylandMissing was quoting the title of the article.

I have to wonder if you would have opened this thread, if her age had been disclosed in the title, DS?

I remain ever curious as to better ways to serve the missing and their familes. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and thanks.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

God bless her. WHY Does it take the media/cops this long to really say what this girl was about, and what might have happened to her?

This girl is a party stripper. WHY did no one say, for days and days, that she's a party stripper?

"About?" Care to say what that is supposed to mean? Sounds kind of judgemental to me. Why didn't they reveal it:
1. It's no one's business what she does, she has just as much right as you to police protection.
2. She has a family and friends who don't need to be dealing with judgemental people, and police were trying to not subject them to this.
3. It has nothing to do with the crime. Millions of women are strippers and aren't killed.
4. There's been two arrests in the case:
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0305/213069.html

The DC Examiner also stated she had two abusive ex-boyfriends.

KatherineQ said:
I have a case near and dear to my heart - my best friend found a strippers bag behind her house. There was about $500 worth of leather boots, costmetics, stripper dresses, etc, in this bag that was ditched behind her house. She called the cops on three separate occasions to report finding this ditched bag with CASH in it, and makeup, no one cared. Who knows what happened to that woman who owned the bag, she's probably long dead.

This girl was a stripper and God knows whatever happened to her.

Where was this?

The best way to get the stories picked up by spiders is to list the persons name as the thread title.

This one should be Emily Cagal.

Maybe a mod can change it, so the family can at least see someone cares about this young lady.

Prayers of HOPE, Lanie

Antoine Levelle Gatewood, 33, of Largo, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Emily Cagal, 24. The second suspect was expected to be charged as an accessory, but his name was withheld pending charges, police spokeswoman Lucille Bauer said. Cagal, ....., was reported missing March 5 after she failed to show up to meet relatives in Florida.

Police had no comment on whether the killing was related to her job. Police became suspicious that Cagal had met with foul play after finding a large blood stain on the carpet of her Bethesda apartment.

Investigators believe Gatewood killed Cagal in the apartment on the night of March 2, Bauer said. They believe Gatewood and the other suspect put her body in a large trunk that was in the apartment, then took it away in Cagal's 2005 Acura. Surveillance video from the apartment building showed the two suspects entering and leaving in the vehicle and using the elevator early on March 3.

The SUV was later found abandoned in Northeast Washington. Cagal's body and other items taken from the apartment had not been located early Saturday, Bauer said. Gatewood was arrested Friday night at his home in the 500 block of West Mount Lubentia Court in Largo. Detectives who searched the home found a pipe bomb, said Mark Brady a spokesman for the Prince George's County Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department. The county bomb squad safely detonated the device after evacuating several neighboring townhomes.

Gatewood could also face charges stemming from the explosive device, Brady said.

Prayers they find her, and soon.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

marylandmissing - the reason I think her occupation should be listed, in cases like this is because it's SO helpful in finding her. I know it sounds judgemental the way I wrote it, but I didn't mean it to be. I just think if in fact she was being held against her will, listing her as a dancer at such and such club would be very helpful for people who have suspicions. It's not illegal, it's her job, and I believe when they're looking for a missing person a HUGE clue like this girl is a stripper at a specific club would help more than anything else.

The case of the stripper's bag was in Austin, Texas, near the old airport where there were two or three strip clubs very nearby.

What a sad story, this young woman.

Katherine, the reason advocates do not list that information is simple. The missing face discrimination in so many areas, it would shock you.

People will not look for some who are missing, simply by their age, their classification (i.e. runaway, non-custodial parental abduction, etc.), their color, their hair color, their sex, or their JOB....yes their job, or lack of one.

If you knew what the media normally latches onto, in so far as the missing are concerned, it would disturb you.

LE knew what was necessary, and we as citizens do not need to know certain details.

It jeopardizes getting people back, and God forbid, if someone hurt them, it jeopardizes justice. Less is more, in this situation.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Prayers for Emily, that she is found and soon.
With HOPE, Lanie

Lanie - I do see your point, but sometimes there are stories of missing people and there are not enough clues for people who are really willing to help, to have anything at all to go on.

I had a friend in college whose sister was a stripper in Houston, and she was found stabbed to death in an alley, and it didn't make the news or merit any real investigation. I think there is an actual case file with the police, but it was never clear that ANYTHING was done to investigate her murder.

So I do understand what you're saying. But, if they're going to make a big media plea for help and not give any real information that will allow people to think in the right direction, it seems very ineffective.

While no body has been located, it has been determined that she was indeed murdered in her apartment and carried out in a trunk to her new SUV. There are two suspects in custody, one's name you will find in the press and the other hasn't been formally charged yet (or as of my reading these articles) Not a happy ending at all- well, not even an 'ending' until they find this woman :-(

Search Continues For Missing Bethesda Woman
[size=-1]NBC 4.com - Washington,DC,USA
Emily Cagal is known as "Jordan" to her friends. She's been missing for more than a week, and her friends say it's out of character ...
[/size]

New Twist In Investigation
[size=-1]W*USA 9 - Washington,DC,USA
As we've been reporting this week, detectives have been checking to see if Emily Cagal's work as a dancer may explain her disappearance and suspected murder. ...
[/size]

Metro (washingtonpost.com)
[size=-1]... The application deadline is March 25. Contact FONZ at 202-673-4874 or visit
the FONZ Web site, www.fonz.org. Emily Cagal was seen March 2. ...
[/size]

fox5dc.com | FOX 5 News | Police Won't Comment on Missing Woman's ...
[size=-1]... Investigators won't even say whether they even knew what 24 year-old Emily Cagal
did for a living before her employer came forward with a plea for help. ...
[/size]

W*USA 9 - Washington, DC
[size=-1]... Investigators Retrace Missing Woman's Steps. Police won't say Emily Cagal's job
as an exotic dancer played a part in her disappearance. More. Towers Beware. ...
[/size]Missing Dancer Believed to be Dead - WTOP Radio

Baltimore tv has been announcing that Emily's body was found buried in a wooded area. Did not say what led them to the location.

Malini

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back