GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a new twist on the "two black/white/Hispanic/Asian men" came up and shot me and my baby." Now it's two kids, one possibly as young as 10.

There were no witnesses, apparently.

I just saw this woman on the news a few minutes ago.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Hope LE gets to the bottom of this quickly.

Poor little guy.
:(
fran

yeah my hinky meter is going off big time but i will eat crow if it ends differently.

Yes, I would hate to think the wrong way about a mother but it just doesnt make sense. one suspect could be as young as ten but why kill the baby? Why would they leave the mother who is the one that could talk and let them know what the suspects looked like?

....just didnt sound right to me.

A few thoughts: Wonder if most moms walk thier babys in strollers and take their purse. I never did. Wonder why mom was only shot in leg when she would be the one who could identify them. Wonder why a 13mo. old fell asleep during an early morning walk. My kids were always so excited about walks they would never fall asleep at that age. Wonder why the dad already forgives the kids who did this as per report in paper. I am waiting for an eyewitness report from a neighbor who heard 2 gunshots in the street.

A few thoughts: Wonder if most moms walk thier babys in strollers and take their purse. I never did. Wonder why mom was only shot in leg when she would be the one who could identify them. Wonder why a 13mo. old fell asleep during an early morning walk. My kids were always so excited about walks they would never fall asleep at that age. Wonder why the dad already forgives the kids who did this as per report in paper. I am waiting for an eyewitness report from a neighbor who heard 2 gunshots in the street.

^^^You brought up some great points! especially just the time of year...it'd be a bit brisk walking in the morning - I would think it would wake the child up. And the leg - I dont get it!

Thanks to PP who linked to press conference

Despite all the OTHER hinkiness going on here- I'm struck by the fact that some punk with a gun is even UP at 9:15am. Unless they ditched school to go out and stick up people.

AND there's hardly any description of the perps. No clothing - nothing that I can see.

It just does NOT make sense, any of it.

Good point PP -- just all of this happening in the morning around 9am is what keeps holding me. I will fully eat crow and admit Im wrong if something else comes out but ..

On that video that guy just keeps repeating "she's been very cooperative" over and over again. Makes me think of Susan Smith and how helpful she was.

9am ....young kids (in the middle of the wk? - so skipping school?) and it looked residential...right on the st next to houses...kids were brazen if it did happen this way.

Mom is helping as much as she can, they are out on a MANHUNT...I'll wait for more I guess.

Two boys approached me. Two African-American boys. One of them was about 15," says Sherry West. "He said, 'I'm going to kill you if you don't give me money,' and I said, 'I swear I don't have any.'"
West and her husband, Louis Santiago, sought out our partner Action News to tell their story.

That was snipped from the article PP just posted a few minutes ago. Very...interesting.

The Brunswick Police Department and city manager Bill Weeks are meeting this morning at 11 a.m for a press conference to discuss the shooting that left a toddler dead.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Brunsw...dler/-/475880/19421534/-/h927nwz/-/index.html

My immediate thoughts from the article listed:

1. Police say they have no motive (umm...I thought the mom said they asked for money? Wouldn't robbery be a motive?)

2. Mother suffered non-life-threatening wounds.

I don't think there were 2 kids or a robbery attempt. I think mom is covering up.

I saw this on the news this morning and it totally gave me the chills. That poor little boy. DH looked and me and said, "that's weird", and I said "Diane Downs". He gave me the wide eyes and said, "oh my God". I really pray that isn't the case here, please God. I will too, eat crow, happily and joyfully if it isn't the case. This is just way too hinky because it's almost textbook. And it's really, really sad to even think of something like this as "textbook". Ugh.

I just saw this on HLN and came straight here to see if others shared the same right-off-the-bat feeling as I do--something is hinky for sure. Her body language is WAY off. Too much looking down.

As someone said above, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I think the mom had a definite role in her child's death.

Just saw this on our local news site. First thought when reading the story was "hinky" but the interview with the parents made me think maybe it is real.

The oddness of the story makes me think it could very well be real. If people make things up why say a 10 year old and why say they ran off into the neighborhood? Make up a perp that is harder to find!

My gut says the story is legit.

Another reason I think this is legit. This happened yesterday and the police are already offering a $10,000 reward!

If the police thought the parents were involved they would likely be pressuring them into confessing for a day or two, they wouldn't publish a reward and beg for tips from the public right away.

Despite all the OTHER hinkiness going on here- I'm struck by the fact that some punk with a gun is even UP at 9:15am. Unless they ditched school to go out and stick up people.

AND there's hardly any description of the perps. No clothing - nothing that I can see.

It just does NOT make sense, any of it.

If LE is on a manhunt without much of a description of the suspects, I hope there are no mistaken IDs or shootings until they are certain who they are looking for and what really happened.

Agree, story by mom does not meet the smell test to me either, and father already forgiving them? hummmmmm.....No way!

While I get the "hinky" feeling a lot of you are having, I'm just not getting it.

Been trying to read all articles and compare the accounts - but there isn't much out there.

The baby was shot in the stroller, in the head, on the sidewalk. Ok, wouldn't that scene either prove or disprove the mom's account? Wouldn't the shell casings from the 2 shots have been on the ground in the general vicinity? I would think other evidence at the scene would also either prove or discount where the shooting happened. How close to her house did this happen? IF there is a different story and mom "cooked this up" to take the child out in the stroller and then blame some ficticious characters, wouldn't someone have noticed a "shot" baby in that stroller? Plus, wouldn't mom have been "just a weedle apprehensive" about walking a "shot baby" in a stroller?

I did read that someone "heard" the gunshots - ok, so it did happen on the sidewalk. Why didn't mom scream? I would have - most people would have. Screamed bloody murder! Yet, everyone reacts differently, so..............

Oh wait, CNN carrying live news conference NOW!

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member