1229 users online (216 members and 1013 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SwampMama and Mr. Swamp got married (finally!)

Well after 5 years of being together, we finally decided to tie the knot. Apparently we are stuck with each other! We got married this past Saturday (on 3/16, which is my favorite number).
    We kept it small to include only immediate family which meant about 50 people or so. We had a simple Quaker ceremony and skipped all of the frills and insane craziness that go along with weddings.

We were blessed to have his parents there, who have been married over 50 years!! The setting was on the bayou in the back of his family's house and the kids had a great time playing in the water, playing with the ducks and laughing at the the adorable lambs and calves.

My sister made the most gorgeous and yummy cake. Attached are two pics from the day. One is me wearing my wedding dress which my sis in law sewed all the lavender ribbons on (to match Mr Swamp's shirt) and the other pic is Mr Swamp being about as mushy as he gets. He hates taking me pics (me too!) but we though this was a pretty funny on with him hiding behind . Typical romantic behavior from Mr Swamp hiding behind the hat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SwampMama; 03-22-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

This is the dress as it looked before My sis in law put the purple and lavender ribbon on it. She did such a great job and is my fave sis in law!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SwampMama; 03-22-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    Well after 5 years of being together, we finally decided to tie the knot. Apparently we are stuck with each other! We got married this past Saturday (on 3/16, which is my favorite number).
    We kept it small to include only immediate family which meant about 50 people or so. We had a simple Quaker ceremony and skipped all of the frills and insane craziness that go along with weddings.

We were blessed to have his parents there, who have been married over 50 years!! The setting was on the bayou in the back of his family's house and the kids had a great time playing in the water, plating with the ducks and laughing at the the adorable lambs and calves.

My sister made the most gorgeous and yummy cake. Attached are two pics from the day. One is me wearing my wedding dress which my sis in law sewed all the lavender ribbons on (to match Mr Swamp's shirt) and the other pic is Mr Swamp being about as mushy as he gets. He hates taking me pics (me too!) but we though this was a pretty funny on with him hiding behind . Typical romantic behavior from Mr Swamp!the hat.
    Wishing you much love and happiness! Congrats!
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Big time congratulations Swampmama! Your dress is beautiful, but not as beautiful as you with all that glowing happiness!

I'm so happy for you and wish you and Mr. Swamp all the blessings in the world!

<3 <3 <3

Congratulations! I love that pretty wedding dress! Are there alligators in that water? My daughter lives in the south in Georgia and she has to watch what water her kids play in due to the alligators in the water--even inland ponds. (I'm scared of loose 'gators.)

YES!!!Congrats.

I am helping my son and his lovely fiance plan their upcoming wedding. It is really fun.

Love your dress.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Congratulations! I love that pretty wedding dress! Are there alligators in that water? My daughter lives in the south in Georgia and she has to watch what water her kids play in due to the alligators in the water--even inland ponds. (I'm scared of loose 'gators.)
    Well there had been a small gator (4-5 foot long) in the bayou last year and he made mistake of going after MamMaws new baby ducklings. He was promptly relocated across the levee.

I go gator hunting with Mr Swamp each year. We usually catch about 30 or 40. It's gorgeous out there in the swamp.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

WOOT WOOT! So Mr. Swamp finally made an honest woman outta ya.

Congratulation!

May your union be blessed for many many years.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Love it!...and am so very happy for you, SwampMama!.. you are one helluva strong woman who has a genuine heart of gold..SwampPapa is one lucky man!

Congratulations to you both!!
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

Congrats! Enjoy your next gator hunt. Hope you share pictures. We live in south Louisiana. My husband and kids (adult) enjoy water skiing in the basin @ Whiskey Bay. We frequently see gators close to shore. I would never get into the water so I'm the spotter.

Congratulations! As other posters have said, beautiful dress and very happy looking bride.

Blessings to you both....you are a beautiful couple.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

Hearty congratulations!!!

Meilleurs voeux pour une vie merveilleuse ensemble!
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Swamp! What a lovely dress!

May each day be better than the day before.

Never go to bed mad...LOL
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast