SwampMama and Mr. Swamp got married (finally!)

SwampMama

Insomniac Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well after 5 years of being together, we finally decided to tie the knot. Apparently we are stuck with each other! We got married this past Saturday (on 3/16, which is my favorite number).
We kept it small to include only immediate family which meant about 50 people or so. We had a simple Quaker ceremony and skipped all of the frills and insane craziness that go along with weddings.

We were blessed to have his parents there, who have been married over 50 years!! The setting was on the bayou in the back of his family's house and the kids had a great time playing in the water, playing with the ducks and laughing at the the adorable lambs and calves.

My sister made the most gorgeous and yummy cake. Attached are two pics from the day. One is me wearing my wedding dress which my sis in law sewed all the lavender ribbons on (to match Mr Swamp's shirt) and the other pic is Mr Swamp being about as mushy as he gets. He hates taking me pics (me too!) but we though this was a pretty funny on with him hiding behind . Typical romantic behavior from Mr Swamp hiding behind the hat.

Attachments

• wed6.JPG
    wed6.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 96
  • shellsnd.JPG
    shellsnd.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 91
This is the dress as it looked before My sis in law put the purple and lavender ribbon on it. She did such a great job and is my fave sis in law!!!

Attachments

• wed sample.jpg
    wed sample.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 72
Well after 5 years of being together, we finally decided to tie the knot. Apparently we are stuck with each other! We got married this past Saturday (on 3/16, which is my favorite number).
We kept it small to include only immediate family which meant about 50 people or so. We had a simple Quaker ceremony and skipped all of the frills and insane craziness that go along with weddings.

We were blessed to have his parents there, who have been married over 50 years!! The setting was on the bayou in the back of his family's house and the kids had a great time playing in the water, plating with the ducks and laughing at the the adorable lambs and calves.

My sister made the most gorgeous and yummy cake. Attached are two pics from the day. One is me wearing my wedding dress which my sis in law sewed all the lavender ribbons on (to match Mr Swamp's shirt) and the other pic is Mr Swamp being about as mushy as he gets. He hates taking me pics (me too!) but we though this was a pretty funny on with him hiding behind . Typical romantic behavior from Mr Swamp!the hat.

Wishing you much love and happiness! Congrats!

Big time congratulations Swampmama! Your dress is beautiful, but not as beautiful as you with all that glowing happiness!

I'm so happy for you and wish you and Mr. Swamp all the blessings in the world!

<3 <3 <3

:heartluv:

Congratulations! I love that pretty wedding dress! Are there alligators in that water? My daughter lives in the south in Georgia and she has to watch what water her kids play in due to the alligators in the water--even inland ponds. (I'm scared of loose 'gators.)

YES!!!Congrats. :cake:

I am helping my son and his lovely fiance plan their upcoming wedding. It is really fun.

Love your dress. :loveyou:

Congratulations! I love that pretty wedding dress! Are there alligators in that water? My daughter lives in the south in Georgia and she has to watch what water her kids play in due to the alligators in the water--even inland ponds. (I'm scared of loose 'gators.)

Well there had been a small gator (4-5 foot long) in the bayou last year and he made mistake of going after MamMaws new baby ducklings. He was promptly relocated across the levee.

I go gator hunting with Mr Swamp each year. We usually catch about 30 or 40. It's gorgeous out there in the swamp.

WOOT WOOT! So Mr. Swamp finally made an honest woman outta ya.

Congratulation!

May your union be blessed for many many years.

Love it!...and am so very happy for you, SwampMama!.. you are one helluva strong woman who has a genuine heart of gold..SwampPapa is one lucky man!

Congratulations to you both!!

Congrats! Enjoy your next gator hunt. Hope you share pictures. We live in south Louisiana. My husband and kids (adult) enjoy water skiing in the basin @ Whiskey Bay. We frequently see gators close to shore. I would never get into the water so I'm the spotter.

Congratulations! As other posters have said, beautiful dress and very happy looking bride.

Blessings to you both....you are a beautiful couple.

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Swamp! What a lovely dress!

May each day be better than the day before.

Never go to bed mad...LOL

Awaa, sha!
Félicitations, Swamp Mama!

Congratulations to you both and wishes for many happy years ahead!

Great news! Really brought a needed smile to my face after a tough week. So happy for you both! And the dress is beautiful, especially with the personal touches.

Congrats to you both ,and I agree,that is a beautiful dress,I love it,and you look beautiful in it!

Oh, my....COngratulations, darling...many, many happy years together in the swamp...

Hugs, to the both of you.

YAY!

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members