GUILTY MI - Tanisha Colton, 27, Flint, 13 March 2013 *Arrest*

Jan

Reaction score
Tanisha Colton, a 27 year old mother to 3 children, disappeared over a week ago in Flint, Michigan. Her live in boyfriend came to work and told her to come with him and she left with him in a car. They had a rocky relationship and she had a black eye at the time. She has not been seen or heard from since. Police have put tape around her home and the forensics truck is there along with some police cars. They got a warrant to search her home where she lives with her boyfriend. The boyfriend is now in jail on an unrelated warrant. He was arrested on Monday. Her relatives are putting out missing posters on her. The story is on ABC ch 12 Flint news and on WJRT TV and on the CARS 108 Flint radio page and on the Flint Police Operations page. She disappeared from an area I am very familiar with and her house is in the neighborhood where I grew up.

The missing lady is a very pretty black woman and there is a picture of her on today's Flint Police Operations page. She was wearing a scrub outfit when she disappeared. Her work place is in a generally safe area, right down the street from a large hospital. She lived on the north end of Flint in a less safe area but appeared to have a fairly nice and well cared for home. Her relatives said she had worked during and between her pregnancies. Her childrean appeared to be a daughter maybe 11 or 12, a son maybe 8 or so, and a younger child that I'm not sure if its a girl or boy--looks kind of like a girl. All attractive children. There are quite a few news videos and photos if you google her name, also quite a few articles on the case. Her family is desperate to find her. Her boyfriend was arrested and jailed a few days after she went missing on unrelated charges. I don't know who has her kids. Possibly the grandmother or other relative. The grandmother and male cousin have been speaking on videos asking for help in finding her.

http://www.minbcnews.com/weather/story.aspx?id=874468#.UUzLsleQOYg

Ida Nappier says she raised Tanisha.

"I never really had no problems with her until she met Henry," said Nappier.

Nappier is talking about this man, Henry Connor, the man Colton was last seen with. Nappier and other family say Connor is both abusive and controlling.

"I didn’t know anything about this until now. How bad he was jumping her how bad she was i mean he was controlling her," said Nappier.

https://www.facebook.com/tanisha.colton
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Where-is-Tanisha-Colton/118413825014988

5633_590764890951012_778214449_n.jpg

This does not sound good at all
icon9.gif

Searchers were supposed to meet on the street she lived on to search but nobody showed up except the person leading the search. I asked if the car she left in was found and if not, what it looks like so we can watch for it. (Waiting and hoping for an answer.) I forgot to ask if she had a cell phone on her when she disappeared and if police have tried to trace the pings if she did. No news has been given by the police if the forensics team has found anything in their search of her house. Posters have been made up and some are being put up but it appears to be going slowly. I guess all we can do right now is to watch for her and pray and anyone able to can put up posters and search for her. I hope she will be found safe and brought home to her children and loved ones.

Searchers were supposed to meet on the street she lived on to search but nobody showed up except the person leading the search. I asked if the car she left in was found and if not, what it looks like so we can watch for it. (Waiting and hoping for an answer.) I forgot to ask if she had a cell phone on her when she disappeared and if police have tried to trace the pings if she did. No news has been given by the police if the forensics team has found anything in their search of her house. Posters have been made up and some are being put up but it appears to be going slowly. I guess all we can do right now is to watch for her and pray and anyone able to can put up posters and search for her. I hope she will be found safe and brought home to her children and loved ones.

That breaks my heart, prayers being said for her safe return.

Rumor is that Tanisha's boyfriend made a trip to Ohio between the time Tanisha was last seen and the time he was arrested and put in jail. If that is true, she could be anywhere. It's only a 2 hour drive (one way) from Flint to Toledo, Ohio. The searches seem to be mostly around the area where she lived and where she and her boyfriend spent their time. I saw that the family and friends searched Forest Park, a place I used to play as a child. The ground was mushy and the lake half frozen, making it hard to search, besides there were tall weeds and grasses from last fall still standing around the lake. If police got any information out of the boyfriend or if the forensics team found anything in the house, they sure aren't telling us anything. Not one word about the car or if she had a cell phone or if her phone or credit cards or bank accounts have been used. This just doesn't look good to me. I think the boyfriend did something to her before he was arrested. Somebody somewhere must have seen something or must know something. If so, I wish that person would start talking!

http://www.wnem.com/story/21788326/foul-play-suspected-in-womans-disappearance#.UVDowfXQ_xs.facebook

Police are now saying that they suspect foul play in the disappearance of Tanisha Colton. They also say they have a person of interest that they want to question in the case. The boyfriend, the person Tanisha was last seen with, had been jailed for lack of paying child support but he has been released now. Nowhere does it say whether or not he is the person of interest that the police want to question. He is the father of Tanisha's 3 children. There is a video and article at the link above.

I don't know if this is related. There are several news stories. This is just one.

The Michigan State Police say a motorist discovered a body in a ditch alongside Newberg Road east of Anabell Road in Monroe County.

snipped

Police say the body is partially submerged and appears to be that of an African American female.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/body-found-in-ditch-in-monroe-county#ixzz2OdkgP8Zc

:rose: :*( So sad. RIP Tanisha :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back