1328 users online (203 members and 1125 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...word=affidavit

*Judicial Proceedings**

Affidavits serve as evidence in civil actions and criminal prosecutions in certain instances. They are considered a very weak type of evidence because they are not taken in court, and the affiant is not subject to cross-examination. Their use is usually restricted to times when no better evidence can be offered. If a witness who has made an affidavit is not available to testify at a trial, his or her affidavit may be admitted as evidence. If the witness is present, his or her affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony, or to help the witness with past recollection of facts.
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

These affidavits have been made in support of the motion to dismiss.
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

Journey to Middle Earth. Lord of the Rings.

since they are present..are they impeaching someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...word=affidavit

*Judicial Proceedings**

Affidavits serve as evidence in civil actions and criminal prosecutions in certain instances. They are considered a very weak type of evidence because they are not taken in court, and the affiant is not subject to cross-examination. Their use is usually restricted to times when no better evidence can be offered. If a witness who has made an affidavit is not available to testify at a trial, his or her affidavit may be admitted as evidence. If the witness is present, his or her affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony, or to help the witness with past recollection of facts.
    all the players seem to be present
    in oak beach
    so since the witness is present
    and it says the affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony

a) who is the witness
    and b) what does bh, gc, bb, ec, tc - have to do with verifying if hackett saw shannan or not? i don't understand.
    Copyright © 2013 To Kill A Mockingbird —— I was lucky enough to win the lottery..wooo hoooo Dreams DO COME TRUE See ya.....

@TKAM

Good questions. I have no idea the answers to! ; ))

Maybe someone with a mind for legal matters can help us out?

@TKAM
    This is in regards to the civil case brought against CPH, not a criminal case.

If the witness is present, his or her affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony, or to help the witness with past recollection of facts.
    Here is my belief:

Believe09 writes in an affidavit that at the time of the crime, the sky was green. This matter comes to trial and believe09 is called to the stand. The opposing counsel takes my affidavit, asks me to state again (in a sworn statement to the court) the color of the sky. This time I say blue.

The opposing counsel uses this to impeach me.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Here is my belief:

Believe09 writes in an affidavit that at the time of the crime, the sky was green. This matter comes to trial and believe09 is called to the stand. The opposing counsel takes my affidavit, asks me to state again (in a sworn statement to the court) the color of the sky. This time I say blue.

Correct so the link to the info that contains the definitions of an affidavit and how they might be used doesn't really apply to this case.

The correct explanation to give is the one I just wrote in my previous post.
    Copyright © 2016 PS149 —All Rights Reserved— Any duplication of any portion of this post except on Websleuths.com without the express written permission of PS149 shall be punishable to the full extent of the law.

Interesting that beyond the wife and one daughter, none of those people lives right next to or across the street from CPH. He has two other children. (Wonder why the son, who seems to have been local in 2010, did not submit an affidavit.)

Wives, daughter's and neighbors often have no idea what their husband, dad, neighbor or friend does in private. But if the opposing side offers no one to prove their argument then, yes, this weak supporting documentation will win out.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

bh, ch, gc, bb, ec, tc were never quoted saying cph saw sg.

Quote Originally Posted by To Kill a Mockingbird View Post
    all the players seem to be present
    in oak beach
    so since the witness is present
    and it says the affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony

a) who is the witness
    and b) what does bh, gc, bb, ec, tc - have to do with verifying if hackett saw shannan or not? i don't understand.
    none of the above mentioned
    were ever quoted in the press

as saying cph saw shannan. so on the face value - their affidavits are valueless.

so why doesnt hackett's lawyer just have the garbage man, the milk man and the mail man sign affidavits? same weight of evidentury value. NADA

where is the affidavit by commissioner dormer stating that hackett is not a person of interest - now THAT would hold weight in the court more than the milk man, mail man, garbage man, and bh, ch, gc, bb, ec and tc.
    Copyright © 2013 To Kill A Mockingbird —— I was lucky enough to win the lottery..wooo hoooo Dreams DO COME TRUE See ya.....

unimpeachable

Here is my belief:

it would seem dear watson
    that it would be most advisable
    if john ray only had witnesses on HIS side of the court
    that were clearly UNIMPEACHABLE.

Here is my belief:

It's great to see you here working this case Believe09. You've done such great work on other cases we could really use you here.

Thanks for the hypothetical PS149. The links that I provided defining affidavits were my attempt to answer TKAM s question(and my own unasked question), "What is an affidavit?". Since I wasn't really sure myself, I provided a definition of it, in the hopes that it would help us understand.

So unless JR has sworn affidavits from people saying the charges against him are true, then this lawsuit is waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    (Wonder why the son, who seems to have been local in 2010, did not submit an affidavit.)
    ...dun dun duuunnn

Quote Originally Posted by fieldnotes View Post
    It's great to see you here working this case Believe09. You've done such great work on other cases we could really use you here.
    I lurk here all of the time, my friend. The effort that all of you have put forth here is astounding-I doubt I will have much to add.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

*Closed for Review*

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast