698 users online (82 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

The Midwest

Ohio prosecutors 'indict' Punxsutawney Phil over early spring forecast, seek death pe

Ohio prosecutors 'indict' Punxsutawney Phil over early spring forecast, seek death penalty

CINCINNATI – Famed groundhog Punxsutawney Phil might want to go back into hibernation.

Authorities in still-frigid Ohio have issued an "indictment" of the furry rodent, who predicted an early spring when he didn't see his shadow after emerging from his western Pennsylvania lair on Feb. 2.

"Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early," Mike Gmoser, the prosecutor in southwestern Ohio's Butler County, wrote in an official-looking indictment.

Gmoser wrote that Punxsutawney Phil is charged with misrepresentation of spring, which constitutes a felony "against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio."

The penalty Phil faces? Gmoser says — tongue firmly in cheek — is death.

Punxsutawney Phil does not have a listed phone number

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/22...#ixzz2OMbi5Hgo
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

LOL.....they are not going to get rid of one of their main tourists attractions...

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

poor guy...he predicted for Punxatawny, not the whole area. how is the weather in Pa? lol

What makes matters worse, I heard he's already on probation for a previous bogus prediction. Poor guy.

Washington State
    IDK. I don't think the death penalty is a funny concept. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by chissus View Post
    IDK. I don't think the death penalty is a funny concept. Sorry
    So anyone who predicts the wrong weather can face the death penalty? Look out weather forecasters!
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

I don't think it's funny either. Are there no crimes in OH that they have to go after a groundhog? Leave Phil alone!
    Just my opinion

I took this as a joke and thought it was hysterical. We're going to have 4-6 inches of snow over the next day or so & I sarcastically said to my husband "That damn groundhog oughta be shot"...BUT I swear I didn't mean it, was only joking around...yada yada. It's just that I love the sun, the beach, the flowers, laying outside relaxing & reading, having barbecues, bonfires, etc. Can't do a darn thing in the rain or snow in my area. Now if we lived in the Poconos I'd be in my glory with this weather!