Ohio prosecutors 'indict' Punxsutawney Phil over early spring forecast, seek death pe

Softail

Reaction score
Ohio prosecutors 'indict' Punxsutawney Phil over early spring forecast, seek death penalty

CINCINNATI – Famed groundhog Punxsutawney Phil might want to go back into hibernation.

Authorities in still-frigid Ohio have issued an "indictment" of the furry rodent, who predicted an early spring when he didn't see his shadow after emerging from his western Pennsylvania lair on Feb. 2.

"Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early," Mike Gmoser, the prosecutor in southwestern Ohio's Butler County, wrote in an official-looking indictment.

Gmoser wrote that Punxsutawney Phil is charged with misrepresentation of spring, which constitutes a felony "against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio."

The penalty Phil faces? Gmoser says — tongue firmly in cheek — is death.

Punxsutawney Phil does not have a listed phone number

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/2...rly-spring-forecast-seek-death/#ixzz2OMbi5Hgo

LOL.....they are not going to get rid of one of their main tourists attractions...

poor guy...he predicted for Punxatawny, not the whole area. how is the weather in Pa? lol

What makes matters worse, I heard he's already on probation for a previous bogus prediction. Poor guy.

IDK. I don't think the death penalty is a funny concept. Sorry :(

I don't think it's funny either. Are there no crimes in OH that they have to go after a groundhog? Leave Phil alone!

I took this as a joke and thought it was hysterical. :D We're going to have 4-6 inches of snow over the next day or so & I sarcastically said to my husband "That damn groundhog oughta be shot"...BUT I swear I didn't mean it, was only joking around...yada yada. It's just that I love the sun, the beach, the flowers, laying outside relaxing & reading, having barbecues, bonfires, etc. Can't do a darn thing in the rain or snow in my area. Now if we lived in the Poconos I'd be in my glory with this weather!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back