1249 users online (220 members and 1029 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PA - Harley Livingston, 15 mos, dies of extreme neglect, Johnstown, 12 Dec 2004

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) The mother and grandmother of a toddler who died in December face criminal charges for allegedly neglecting his severe diaper rash, leading to a fatal infection.

Amy Livingston, 27, of Johnstown, was charged Tuesday with involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment in the Dec. 12 death of her 15-month-old son, Harley. She was charged with a second count of child endangerment because another son, 3-year-old Hunter, also had severe diaper rash, authorities said.

Her mother, Evelyn Ann Mrsnik, 60, was charged with child endangerment, because she was a supervisor at a day care center Harley attended. Mrsnik had an obligation under state law to report the alleged neglect, District Attorney David Tulowitzki said.

The younger boy developed sepsis, a life-threatening infection, because the rash was so bad, Cambria County Coroner Dennis Kwiatkowski said..............
    http://courttv.com/news/2005/0309/diaper_ap.html

I am BEYOND disgusted and horrified!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

That child would have been in such pain, every time he went to the bathroom! And the mother and the GM both let this go on. Thank God they got the second child before it was too late!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Unhappy

How sad this is. I'll keep this baby in my prayers.

Can you imagine how painful that would have been

How can people lack such empathy for others and ignore their pain, cause their pain?

I don't know Peanut. I read about these cases and all I can do is throw my hands up in disgust. I don't even know where to begin to voice my anger.

Those kids must have been in agonizing pain, everytime they moved. I can't imagine just ignoring that...they must have cried so......

Sudzi

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    The pain that poor baby must've went through...
    oh man.

This just breaks my heart. God bless those poor babies. I wish I could get my hands on that "mother" and "grandmother" How could anyone let their child be in constant pain and not care?

What really affected me was the fact the father is deployed in Iraq!
    Hes away and has to find out not only is his baby dead ,a death that couldve been easily prevented,but his WIFE and MIL are responsible!!!
    His wife is at home,getting all his extra deployment money,has free medical care and allowed this happen!!!
    You wonder what else the Mom was involved in!

My heart just aches for this baby!! And I pray for his father and brother!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Did anyone catch this:

"Her mother, Evelyn Ann Mrsnik, 60, was charged with child endangerment, because she was a supervisor at a day care center Harley attended. Mrsnik had an obligation under state law to report the alleged neglect, District Attorney David Tulowitzki said "

I hope she is no longer allowed to work at any day care facilities. After reading of the concern she had for her own grandchildrens well being I would not even want to imagine the concern she gave children who were not her own.

This really P's me off! Those women are monsters. They deserve a punishment that matches what they did to those kids. Put a Depends on their nasty hineys and superglue the thing on. I'll buy the Depends and glue!

and just think

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    This just breaks my heart. God bless those poor babies. I wish I could get my hands on that "mother" and "grandmother" How could anyone let their child be in constant pain and not care?
    There are so many women out there just dying to have a child of their own, to pamper and care for...and then there are women like these!!!!

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/arti...ews/news02.txt

Apparently, family services had been working with this family for a while. To bad someone wasn't more by-the-book with this one.

Update 4/7/05

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05097/484211.stm

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- Amy Livingston didn't react when doctors described a rash so bad her son's skin was falling off. She didn't flinch when they testified that had the rash been treated, the boy would not have died.

Amy Livingston, charged with manslaughter in the death of her 15-month-old son, is led to her hearing before District Judge Michael Musulin yesterday in Johnstown. The boy died Dec. 12 of sepsis, a result of severe diaper rash.
    Click photo for larger image.

She did shed a few tears every time the prosecution presented photographs of her 15-month-old son taken just minutes after he died. In the digital photos, Harley Livingston's eyes are deeply sunken and discolored, and the diaper rash is clearly evident.

Livingston was also charged last week with statutory sexual assault and related charges involving her reported relationship with a 15-year-old boy. Before yesterday's preliminary hearing began, Livingston pleaded not guilty to those counts.
    Last edited by golfmom; 04-07-2005 at 08:58 AM. Reason: additional info

A woman pleaded guilty to causing the death of her 15-month-old son, whose severe diaper rash led to a fatal infection.

Amy Livingston, 27, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the boy's death and to child endangerment for not treating the rash on another son

Livingston's mother is awaiting trial on a child endangerment charge alleging that as a day-care provider, she failed to report suspected neglect or abuse of the two boys.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...062902979.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast